PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Update PRL & Update Profile - Error 1012

This happened to me after flashing a few roms. I flashed back to stock, called in & the tech and I tried a few things in the data settings, still got error 1012 and 67. So we did the ##786# (it should work on stock ROM), complete hard reset and "out of box" wipe. Then the Sprint system was able to successfully program my phone and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuffjthomas8946 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic2010 View Post
This has been a problem after the update PRI option is pressed. This also probably changed your MSL code, so if you call Sprint they will try to make you enter the MSL they have on file and it wont work. So get your MSL using BAFMSL, And follow these directions:

THIS IS FOR SPRINT Touch Pro's as far as i know...i have not tested this for any other carrier or phone so use at your own risk...

edit: tested on the touch diamond...confirmed working!

first things first dont click on the Update PRI Button under Settings>Connections

save yourself the trouble

but if you have this is the tested method to get you back and running...it does require a hard reset so make sure to backup your data first

use the software in this link. Make sure you have CF 3.5 first (shouldnt be a problem for people on custom roms i know Juicy and Mighty's ROMS have it cooked in)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560 (needs CF 3.5)

install the program (and cf 3.5 if needed)

put your phone into airplane mode run the software. Write down your msl

go to your dialpad and type ##786#, click menu and select Reset. enter in the MSL...you will hard reset...

LET THE PHONE SELF PROGRAM!

confirm your net works...RESTART

if you need the ## codes that are reinstalled by using DCD carrier cab installed dcd carrier cab...RESTART... navigate to windows/PPST.exe and delete that file

RESTART..confirm your net still works...The option to update the pri is still there but pressing it will do nothing...

Test your ## codes by going back to your dialpad and either pressing ##786# or ##3282#

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=64718
This worked for me. Thanks for posting this!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non PPC. Sprint HTC Evo 4G

zer0-1ne is just getting started

heres what you do worked on mine when i flashed. start-> settings. connections tab.. connections icon. add new modem connection name it sprint or whatever you want doesnt matter. Then it will take you to enter number exactly as it should be dialed you put there #777 then it will take you to another screen user name password domain. in the username box type in your phone number (example: 2223334444) for password and domain leave them blank click finished. you should be able to connect afterwards if a box pops up put in password just tick the box remember password but leave the password box empty along with the domain box.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Non PPC. Sprint HTC Evo 4G

zer0-1ne is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimianJones View Post
##786# isn't doing anything for me.

let me be more clear: I have had trouble getting internet services to work on my pro lately. I was running Mighty after i had a bug with Groove. Mighty was fine, but started failing to connect to the internet. I thought I would try another rom so I flashed Energy and still no internet. Currently on Energy, found this thread and got BAF to get my MSL. I have my MSL. I tried ##786# and the phone did nothing, acted like it was just another phone number. (I used to sell and set up Sprint phones, so I know that this code should shift the phone into another mode)

I am flashing back to the Stock ROM to see if I can resolve the internet connection issue.

If anyone has thought, I sure wouldn't mind. thanks.
tell me if it worked
Old 07-23-2009, 02:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

shokher99 is a n00b

i tried all of these and so far i have a nice rom on a touch pro with no communication, data or voice.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokher99 View Post
i tried all of these and so far i have a nice rom on a touch pro with no communication, data or voice.
Go here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...306#post979306

Should be all the stuff you need.

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ProtoProtoss is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafy0003 View Post
Tell them to refresh Sps, Oma and Chlr. This should fix them all.
what are these?
Old 10-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I get error 1021 whenever I try to update the profile, but I am able to update the PRL without any issues... I am also not able to run the Windows update
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I clicked the "update PRI" icon last week, and it totally cleared all info on my phone (all user stuff) It got wiped so bad, that sprint couldnt fix it either by phone or in the store. The phone wouldnt accept any MSL code. They had to order me a new one. Im never going near the nasty icon ever again.
dschoenike

Old 10-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I clicked the "update PRI" icon last week, and it totally cleared all info on my phone (all user stuff) It got wiped so bad, that sprint couldnt fix it either by phone or in the store. The phone wouldnt accept any MSL code. They had to order me a new one. Im never going near the nasty icon ever again.
dschoenike
For future reference, £hen you hit update Pri and it clears the MSL on you, you can get the new one using BafMsl, then go to the ##pri menu and click options, reset factory defaultss. This will fix the problem and restore your original MSL code. Happened to me before too.

Last edited by Hypnotic2010; 10-16-2009 at 11:27 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro