PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Im sick of my phone... (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=71074)

BRIVERS73 06-08-2009 11:34 PM

Re: Im sick of my phone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by stifiling (Post 963537)
i switched back to the Mogul, and happy i did.

Really!? I got my Mogul in front of me side by side with the TP & I don't miss it @ all, although it does feel much more sturdy then the Touch Pro..

frazell 06-08-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singer_Actor (Post 962851)
Okay so my 5th replacement is in the mail. I bought my first one 2 months ago..
Im sick of using windows mobile already. I hate the look of it! Its tacky..
I also hate the battery life. I hate having to recharge it half way through the day.
I hate the touch screen. Its not that responsive, and it just annoys me...
Well, I have been thinking about dishing out $600 for a palm pre and seeing if they can put it on verizon.
Or is there a way I can make my touch pro better?
Is there a ROM out there that can help me use windows mobile as little as possible!!
Anyone know when WinMob 7 is coming out?
Because I heard thats supposed to look nice.

I think the missing question in this thread is simply what are you doing with your phone? There are a million roms on this site and XDA and you can (and are recommended to) flash until you find one that fits you. If you're asking people for recommendations that can fix problems you are having we need to know what those problems are.

If you're getting your phone replaced then it has to be a hardware issue you keep finding?

So, in short, what are you doing that is frustrating you. No ROM will remove WinMo itself as that's the OS ;). You'll have to deal with it sooner or later.

j_j 06-08-2009 11:58 PM

Do you want a PPC (Pocket Personal COMPUTER) or would you rather have a phone for texting and maybe light web browsing. Windows mobile is for business or glory ( a phone capable of everything or closest to it), it might not be what you need but then again if you stick it out you might love it and get addicted.

soinkster 06-09-2009 12:01 AM

I don't miss the slowgul aka mogul

horndoctor 06-09-2009 02:19 AM

Just get an Iphoney and be done with it!
Sounds like you don't reallly no what your doing and you really don't want to find out.
Sounds like a dead on description of an Apple Customer to me. I could be wrong. I hope I'm wrong. You can do so many more things with a Windows Mobile device. Good Luck!

kabuk1 06-09-2009 03:58 AM

^ Or a Blackberry user :D

You really can do almost anything with a WM phone. I spent 3 years thinking Treos were the best thing ever... then I got a Mogul. My eyes were opened and I'll never look back. Got my Touch Pro a while back & she's my baby.

You do, however, have to know how to work these things. OP- what exactly are you trying to accomplish with your phone that you're having trouble with?

brushrop03 06-09-2009 07:57 AM

What a baby. WinMo phones are the most customizables phones out there. You can do so much with it.

Machinehead 06-09-2009 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by journeyman73 (Post 963558)
Really!? I got my Mogul in front of me side by side with the TP & I don't miss it @ all, although it does feel much more sturdy then the Touch Pro..

My wife had a Mogul after I got my TP, it looks and feels like an alien after using the TP for a while. As much as TF3D annoys me, it's head and shoulders better than the default home screen for Windows Mobile.