PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
can i delete volatile folder from storage card?

Greetings. Just like the title asks, can i delete that folder without any ill effects? I guess it shouldnt be an issue considering that when i reformat the card the folder will get deleted and everythings fine. So, my 2nd question is, what exactly goes into that folder and why? Any insight would be greatly appreciated and thanked accordingly. I searched for awhile on this and came up empty handed, so i apologize in advance if i have missed an already posted thread regarding my question. thx guys,
dschoenike

Old 06-01-2009, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

temperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good worktemperbad is keeping up the good work
Re: can i delete volatile folder from storage card?

Yes you can delete it. I dont know exactly what it is but to me it seems like its a history of recent stuff you looked at, downloaded etc. Im not to sure what it is once again, but yes, you can delete it.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes it would be interesting to find out what it is and where it comes from.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: phone
Carrier: yes

theedon is keeping up the good worktheedon is keeping up the good work

I don't know about the storage card but the Volatile folder in the \Applications Data folder should not be deleted. I had been deleting it and I discovered that it causes windows media player to have problems. Windows media player uses that folder as a cache location and windows media isn't smart enough to check for the existence of the folder.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:42 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

thanks for the responses guys.
dschoenike

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro