PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Most popular ROMs, which one do you perfer? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=69378)

retrodeviant 05-21-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Most popular ROMs, which one do you *prefer*?

A poll on which ROM people prefer shouldn't cause issues, but will. Pride will be hurt. Arguments will be started. Cats will mount dogs in the dead of the night under a green moon made of cheese. In short, chaos will ensue.

Quick answer, the best ROM is the one that has the features and abilities that appeal to you. Canned answer, I know, but really... noobs will most likely flash several different ROMs before choosing one they like... no matter what a poll says. I used a lot of periods in that paragraph, and for that I sincerely... apologize.

Personally, I'm using the MightyJuicyROM v9.8 with the always orangish Copper theme, enhanced with the Bored Merdin package v0.69a and the Calkulin's Star in the Sky superduper top of the ROMchain extra cool eRice touch flo 3d with gravity control. Oh, and I'm downloading the Psyki xray vision package addon right now. I'll report on it's amazing ability to see the bones of people I love as soon as I install it.

havox22 05-21-2009 08:57 PM

Re: Most popular ROMs, which one do you perfer?

where is JD at??
jakdillard should be up there:protest:

BRIVERS73 05-21-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrodeviant (Post 928554)
A poll on which ROM people prefer shouldn't cause issues, but will. Pride will be hurt. Arguments will be started. Cats will mount dogs in the dead of the night under a green moon made of cheese. In short, chaos will ensue.

Quick answer, the best ROM is the one that has the features and abilities that appeal to you. Canned answer, I know, but really... noobs will most likely flash several different ROMs before choosing one they like... no matter what a poll says. I used a lot of periods in that paragraph, and for that I sincerely... apologize.

Personally, I'm using the MightyJuicyROM v9.8 with the always orangish Copper theme, enhanced with the Bored Merdin package v0.69a and the Calkulin's Star in the Sky superduper top of the ROMchain extra cool eRice touch flo 3d with gravity control. Oh, and I'm downloading the Psyki xray vision package addon right now. I'll report on it's amazing ability to see the bones of people I love as soon as I install it.

LOL... Agreed

dee91 05-21-2009 08:59 PM

true although i've here for around 2 months now i only started flashing roms 3days ago been through like 5 but i would love to hear what people who have been on them for a while think and like although so far im likinv psyki's rom

Buehlar 05-21-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrodeviant (Post 928554)

LAMO, so you choose all of the above and then some huh? I should have made it multi-selections then lol.

I was unaware that pride factor would be such a huge issue for a chef and their beloved creations.
I thought this community was about helping people in a collaborative effort to get the most out of their WM devices.

retrodeviant 05-21-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehlar (Post 928575)
LAMO, so you choose all of the above and then some huh? I should have made it multi-selections then lol.

I was unaware that pride factor would be such a huge issue for a chef and their beloved creations.
I thought this community was about helping people in a collaborative effort to get the most out of their WM devices.

Pride is a factor in all creations. When people create something of their own, of course helping others is a huge motivation. However, human nature is such that no one wants to see a similar creation top theirs. Art is art, even in the ROM cooking world.

Oh, and the xray vision addon is freaking cool. Unfortunately, it made my phone invisible, but when someone calls me, I'll find it.

rezn 05-21-2009 09:24 PM

You have good intentions and you have seen these polls go no where. It is because there is no one ROM. This community is about getting the most of their WM devices.. which is why I see no benefit to this. What will I get from seeing what ROM another user is using? They will say.. I like such and such ROM.. Okay.. and??? What does that do for me? Before I install a ROM, I look at the post to see what bugs that ROM is having, get a feel of what other users are saying. If I am liking what I am seeing, I will try it out for a day or 2. I think the longest ROM I have kept on my TP was Juggalo's last version. I kept that for over a month before going to Mightys, but then i like Juicy and then Silence 6.5v2 is really nice and dont forget psyki and star and all the other great chefs ROMS that are all nice.. and I am currently watching NTSFAN... which has some great potential.. but this is all my opinion and really nobody cares :)

mlin 05-21-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehlar (Post 928541)
I did expect a few flames from those that have been here for a while. I understand completly.
However, a new guy will need a place to start and this thread gets overwhelming sometimes.

I know a poll like this would have been helpful to me when I started out.

I don't know how "helpful" it will be. it seems like more of a popularity contest. a little high school-esque but not helpful unless you're trying to promote the MM series.

Sporkman 05-21-2009 09:37 PM

No slience ? :/

cmajewsk 05-21-2009 09:41 PM

I voted Psyki but where's dB?