PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to relock Sprint TP (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67903)

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:00 PM

How to relock Sprint TP

My phone is unlocked but it will not allow me to flash. Sprint downloaded their stock ROM back on yesterday but I noticed my phone is still unlocked. What do I do to fix?

entwined82 05-08-2009 01:02 PM

Re: How to relock Sprint TP

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

grab the relocker, run it

puff 05-08-2009 01:03 PM

direct download link here
source thread here

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:05 PM

Thanks for the quick responses.

bayushikitsune 05-08-2009 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903429)
My phone is unlocked but it will not allow me to flash. Sprint downloaded their stock ROM back on yesterday but I noticed my phone is still unlocked. What do I do to fix?

I notice you have a couple of post asking questions. Please be sure to search for what you are asking. For example on Google you would type in: Sprint Touch Pro Relock ppcgeeks; and you will find every single forum with your answer. It is that easy. You can also search up to on the tabs. Enjoy PPCGeeks

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:08 PM

What happens if you get an error code?

bayushikitsune 05-08-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903446)
What happens if you get an error code?

error when you download the file: re-download again
error when running relocker: soft reset and run it again

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:18 PM

Basically It won't let me flash from SD card or Activesync. When it prompts me what ROM im using in bootloader mode that's when the pc connection is lost when scanning my device to flash to different ROM.

bayushikitsune 05-08-2009 01:23 PM

LOL I just realized you have already flashed your phone. You only relock your phone if you are planning on bringing it back to Sprint. If that is the case, you would reload a stock sprint ROM then you would lock it back. But to answer the problem don't worry about relocking it.

Darkjedi 05-08-2009 01:28 PM

relocker is only if you bring your phone to sprint for warranty repair/exchange. Even then I hear a lot of techs don't care/don't know about the difference in the bootloader version. Many people have gotten away with having unlocked phones fixed or exchanged. Some people just like to be safe though. I always relock and flash stock ROM if I have a significant problem with my phones.

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayushikitsune (Post 903481)
LOL I just realized you have already flashed your phone. You only relock your phone if you are planning on bringing it back to Sprint. If that is the case, you would reload a stock sprint ROM then you would lock it back. But to answer the problem don't worry about relocking it.

Yeah well It won't allow me to do anything. I don't know what Sprint did yesterday. It won't allow me to flash so Im giving up. Im frustrated. The phone is unlocked when its in bootloader mode it clearly states Security Unlocked. I also went out and bought a new memory card so I know thats not the issue either.

puff 05-08-2009 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903509)
Yeah well It won't allow me to do anything. I don't know what Sprint did yesterday. It won't allow me to flash so Im giving up. Im frustrated. The phone is unlocked when its in bootloader mode it clearly states Security Unlocked. I also went out and bought a new memory card so I know thats not the issue either.

That doesn't mean your unlocked, it will always say "Security Unlocked" - do you see cmonex?

Darkjedi 05-08-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903509)

Hahah, even locked phones say that. The top bar of the bootloader says security unlocked for both locked and unlocked phones (I know, confusing). But if your bootloader really is unlocked it'll say the following under it.

RAPH800
SPL-0.37.CMONEX

If there is no CMONEX, it's not unlocked.

Try reunlocking it, and you should be able to be flash-happy again.

entwined82 05-08-2009 01:35 PM

I'd recommend a hard reset and then sync..I bet that'll fix it. I had the exact same issue on my 6800 back in the day.

orionsbuckle 05-08-2009 01:40 PM

i RUn a Sprint ASC and im on top of my game lol...please if you can put everything back to stock. other wise its not the customer that ends up getting charged back...its the store, for not following proper procedure and checking the phone thoroughly. THANKS!

entwined82 05-08-2009 01:41 PM

Good point.

I don't know why unlocking is so difficult for some people. Its weird. I ran the exe and then was done, I couldn't believe how quick it was.

Just in case he isn't establishing an activesync connection though the hard reset may be a good idea.

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puff (Post 903517)
That doesn't mean your unlocked, it will always say "Security Unlocked" - do you see cmonex?

Yes I see comonex.

orionsbuckle 05-08-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 903544)
Good point.

I don't know why unlocking is so difficult for some people. Its weird. I ran the exe and then was done, I couldn't believe how quick it was.

Just in case he isn't establishing an activesync connection though the hard reset may be a good idea.

ya flashing back to sprint stock takes like 5 minutes really and then relocking is done in like seconds. hard reseting fixes 75% percent of problems...

but did you know 47% of statistics are made up on the spot.....lmao:headbang:

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 903544)
Good point.

The unlocking was the easy part. Where I messed up was I didn't have the ruu signed nbh file from the 4R3BORN ROM I just used the Raphimg.nbh instead of renaming the actual ROM file. Basically I never got the file from the ROM files because I wasn't using that WinRAR program, so I didn't see the ruu.nbh file.

puff 05-08-2009 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903564)
Yes I see cmonex.

really? if your unlocked, then i'd recommend to flash via SD Card that's been formatted to FAT32

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 903522)
I'd recommend a hard reset and then sync..I bet that'll fix it. I had the exact same issue on my 6800 back in the day.

I have also did a hard reset it still didn't help.

entwined82 05-08-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903572)
The unlocking was the easy part. Where I messed up was I didn't have the ruu signed nbh file from the 4R3BORN ROM I just used the Raphimg.nbh instead of renaming the actual ROM file. Basically I never got the file from the ROM files because I wasn't using that WinRAR program, so I didn't see the ruu.nbh file.

So you know what to do now, rename the ruu.nbh file and you're good to go.

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orionsbuckle (Post 903539)
i RUn a Sprint ASC and im on top of my game lol...please if you can put everything back to stock. other wise its not the customer that ends up getting charged back...its the store, for not following proper procedure and checking the phone thoroughly. THANKS!

It is the stock ROM!

puff 05-08-2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bennysangel (Post 903572)

seen your post the other thread, hopefully that works for you ;-)

bennysangel 05-08-2009 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 903582)
So you know what to do now, rename the ruu.nbh file and you're good to go.

Yeah I know what to do know it so easy but my phone won't allow me. Sprint reloaded their stock ROM back on yesterday cause they said my ROM was fried. The phone was never relocked I guess. Don't know if they even paid attention the the phone being unlocked.