PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Oh No!!! Help Please (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67441)

RZO 05-04-2009 08:37 AM

Oh No!!! Help Please

My touch pro al of a suden has a freakin mind of its own....first off the screen doesnt turn off anymore. if i let the phone sit and let the display turn off by itself or if i hit the power button the screen just goes blank....but its still lit up......and 2nd my keyboard doesnt light up anymore.....please tell there is a fix...i reflashed. i resetted and it still does this. please help

DrSuSE 05-04-2009 08:39 AM

Re: Oh No!!! Help Please

If you've not only soft-reset but also re-flashed your ROM and it's still happening, it's a hardware issue I would think. Sorry dude.

RZO 05-04-2009 09:13 AM

Ok somehow after i typed this on here it all of a freakin sudden started working right but now i have a new issue.....now when the keyboard is pulled out the screen doesnt respond to touches....if i push keyboard back in screen responds.....wtf

tc32brat 05-04-2009 09:18 AM

still sounds like hardware issues....i would make sure the stock rom is put back on...lock it back down....and hope you have insurance on it....if you don't....get it...then wait a few days....then turn it back in.....

meanfishy 05-04-2009 02:05 PM

yeah sounding like a hardware issue for sure

Sporkman 05-04-2009 02:14 PM

Well im kinda pissed off atm ~ jsut got off the phone with sprint ... they tell me i have to use my insurance to get a replacement ........ i mean ive only had the phone since feb. ( this is my 2nd ) the slide out keyboard is really loose . the center of the screens how what looks like broken crystals under the screen . int he center is about 30 % responsive . i should have to pay out 140 for another phone anyone able to offer some help

EDIT
SORRY did not mean to hijack this just looking for some help

entwined82 05-04-2009 02:19 PM

it should still be under a manufacturer warranty shouldnt it?

Sporkman 05-04-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwined82 (Post 894829)
it should still be under a manufacturer warranty shouldnt it?

i would think so

meanfishy 05-04-2009 02:43 PM

not only that but the sprint insurance should cover any defects on the device that you did not do to it.

I have not had to pay the insurance fees as long as there are manufacture defects like the ones you described.

Sporkman 05-04-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meanfishy (Post 894888)
not only that but the sprint insurance should cover any defects on the device that you did not do to it.

I have not had to pay the insurance fees as long as there are manufacture defects like the ones you described.

thx ! thats what i thought EVEN after i read them the protection plan paper .