PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67303)

redd214 05-03-2009 08:33 PM

Re: Old Skool one-handed TXT messaging! :D

for me personally its more about the fact that i have an 8 month old son. after being a father and having someone elses life in your hands you start to notice things. things like almost everytime i see someone swerve out of their lane, when i drive by them 90 percent of the time they r on their cellphones. its not about being cool for me but its about the fact that most people are not good/safe drivers anyways much less when they are trying to use thier phones.

peter i am sure you can text and drive and have never got in an accident, nor have i. in my opinion its irresponsible to myself, my son and the other drivers on the road to not be focused as much as humanly possible.

just my 2 cents

Geekcop 05-03-2009 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 893257)
for me personally its more about the fact that i have an 8 month old son. after being a father and having someone elses life in your hands you start to notice things. things like almost everytime i see someone swerve out of their lane, when i drive by them 90 percent of the time they r on their cellphones. its not about being cool for me but its about the fact that most people are not good/safe drivers anyways much less when they are trying to use thier phones.

peter i am sure you can text and drive and have never got in an accident, nor have i. in my opinion its irresponsible to myself, my son and the other drivers on the road to not be focused as much as humanly possible.

just my 2 cents

+1 and then some!

gimme5 05-03-2009 08:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTT92BHbh3U

Any of you guys caught that on the news?

ivan1.ruiz 05-04-2009 11:18 AM

plain stock onscreen keyboard works fine man... but thanks for the info

jjbehren 08-03-2009 03:17 PM

I was having a problem with using this number keypad for texting. I would push the button and no letter would show up. I figured out you have to also install a language pack (see post 6 in the xda thread) or this thing is worthless.

Thanks for the post though. I'm on the final MightRom 4 build and really was missing my T9 numeric keyboard.

robj19 08-05-2009 08:19 PM

How about we NOT have a thread about texting while driving...cmon are you serious. Too many idiots on the road as it is. Now we are teaching them how to text while driving!](*,)

philliyxx 08-05-2009 09:05 PM

None of this worked for me. Can't change sip and phone keypad ALWAYS types numbers instead of letters...

petermg 08-12-2009 02:19 AM

All you bleeding heart responses need to start an organization, GATAD, Geeks Against Txting And Driving, and show you really believe your own preaching. for the rest of you who took this for what it IS, a How-To for setting up one handed txting, not a tutorial for reckless driving, YOU'RE WELCOME! :D

petermg 08-12-2009 02:26 AM

Another note, I am actually making the roads SAFER by giving people who drive and txt with two hands, a free hand to keep on the wheel! Self-righteous preachers ever vigilant for a preaching opportunity.

ou2mame 08-12-2009 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 892181)
I would try to avoid that myself.

We had a horrendous accident here last year where five High School girls where killed in a head on crash with a tractor trailer (the car burst into flames) on their way to a graduation party at a Summer cottage.. The cell records showed later that a text had been sent from the drivers phone 30 seconds before the crash............

~John

30 seconds after? i'm sorry, but in case i'm mistaken... the effects of texting shouldn't linger half a minute after the text is sent. attributing that to the crash is like saying that chemo kills cancer patients.