PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Quick Question about unlocked Phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66730)

delanceyj 04-28-2009 01:21 PM

Quick Question about unlocked Phone

I bought this phone of someone who told me it has already been unlocked. How can I verify that it is in fact unlocked?

Thanks

Edited to Add it is a Touch Pro

bayushikitsune 04-28-2009 01:30 PM

Re: Quick Question about unlocked Phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by delanceyj (Post 882301)
I bought this phone of someone who told me it has already been unlocked. How can I verify that it is in fact unlocked?

Thanks

While the phone is off, hold the down volume button and the power button until you see the bootloader screen. Verify it says 0.35.CMONEX. Check HERE for the thread.

razorloves 04-28-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delanceyj (Post 882301)

Thanks

with the phone on, hold in the power button and the volume down button and then tap the reset button on the bottom, and don't let go of the power button and vol down till you see a tri-color screen. On the second line of info you will see a SPL version number. If it says CMONEX after the number, or any where else on that screen, then it's unlocked. Then you can just hit the reset button and it will reboot back to normal

delanceyj 04-28-2009 01:58 PM

Thanks! It is infact unlocked.

bayushikitsune 04-28-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delanceyj (Post 882380)
Thanks! It is infact unlocked.

Now consider flashing to a different ROM there are many out there to choose.

ruskiyab 04-28-2009 02:05 PM

I love it when I see CDMA phones listed for sale as "unlocked" I hope you didn't pay extra because it was unlocked

lxChicoxl 04-28-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by razorloves (Post 882333)
with the phone on, hold in the power button and the volume down button and then tap the reset button on the bottom, and don't let go of the power button and vol down till you see a tri-color screen. On the second line of info you will see a SPL version number. If it says CMONEX after the number, or any where else on that screen, then it's unlocked. Then you can just hit the reset button and it will reboot back to normal

Ok so I just did what you posted razorlover and man it does not say cmonex! So my cell its not unlocked at all!

delanceyj 04-28-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruskiyab (Post 882396)
I love it when I see CDMA phones listed for sale as "unlocked" I hope you didn't pay extra because it was unlocked

I bought it "gently used" for $200, would have bought it regardless if it was unlocked or not, just looked at it as it was a bonus..