PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2009, 01:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CHome Music Tab Alternatives?

Is there any way to make the WM 6.5 CHome Music panel use another player besides Windows Media Player? If so, I'd really love to find out how to make it play through something else (audio manager, s2p, etc.)

Windows Media Player has the largest ram footprint I've ever seen since I've had a pocket pc (90mb!!!), and it rockets my program memory from 38& to around 87%. Also, I can't assign a button to make WMP turn off the screen.

Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

blackmagic352 is becoming a great contributor
Re: CHome Music Tab Alternatives?

this may help you.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65584
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It's strange... whenever I install the audio manager plugin, it resets my Titanium tabs back to the default settings, and it doesn't replace windows Media Player with audio manager. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Are you sure about the RAM usage? I went from 43% to 45% immediately after starting the app, an hour later I was at 47% (which was mostly due to the pOutlook not releasing RAM after I closed it).
Old 04-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

no, I'm 100% sure that WMP has a humongous footprint on my device. I looked at my open tasks with my task manager (Dotfred), and it said WMP was using 90000kb! Granted, that's only when it's actually playing. It's been the same way for me for the past three HTC devices.
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Okay, this is strange. I just played Windows Media Player (Fred Hammond's, Lord Your Grace!"), and it isn't taking up too much ram this time. This is the first time I've ever seen it NOT take up more than half of my ram.

Still, it stops the music whenever you put the device in power save mode. Has anyone got the audio manager tab working yet?

EDIT:

nevermind, I switched songs, and now its taking 29MB...

Last edited by Oxymoron238; 04-28-2009 at 03:01 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro