PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC 6800 Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

gswipe is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I delete IE from my Touch Pro?

Hello, I'm trying to figure out how to delete Internet Explorer from my touch pro. I can't seem to find the files in the Windows directory or in Program files. I'm at a loss. If someone even knew a file that I could delete to make IE stop running or just error out when someone tried to open it, that would be fine as well.

Also, when I go into settings > System Tab > External GPS > Hardware Tab, and try to select a port for the GPS hardware to use, it lets me select one, but after I hit "OK" and go back into it, it reverts back to (none). Has anyone else had this issue? I would like to be able to use the phone's GPS without having to be connected to the internet.

Thank you for your help
Old 04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIPfr0st is a VIP
Re: How can I delete IE from my Touch Pro?

The phone's gps should automatically work with out messing with any settings.

Why do you want to remove PIE? I doubt it takes up that much space on the phone. I haven't seen a rom without PIE yet so I it might be integrated into WM.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:51 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Post Re: How can I delete IE from my Touch Pro?

using resco explorer or total commander go into your windows directory and copy OperaL.exe to my documents, then rename the copied operaL to iexplore.exe, then copy it to your windows directory and when it asks you if you want to overwrite, click yes. but be advised this will completly eliminate pie, and opera will become your default browser.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gswipe is a n00b

thanks Nathan, that straight up killed it. You da man.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:30 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community

No problem man!
Old 04-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gswipe is a n00b

Uh oh, bad news, after a reboot the original file replaced itself on my device and now it works again. When I used Total Commander and click Show, then unchecked "hide files in ROM," I was able to see the iexplore.exe file in the Windows directory, and when i try to delete the file it would not let me. Does anyone know any other method by which i could delete this file from my device?
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't believe it's possible to actually delete PIE, why do you want to do that anyway??

~John
Old 04-16-2009, 03:17 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped

Quote:
Originally Posted by gswipe View Post
Uh oh, bad news, after a reboot the original file replaced itself on my device and now it works again. When I used Total Commander and click Show, then unchecked "hide files in ROM," I was able to see the iexplore.exe file in the Windows directory, and when i try to delete the file it would not let me. Does anyone know any other method by which i could delete this file from my device?
Thanks in advance.
Do you mean after a soft reset or after a hard reset?
Cause it will come back after a hard reset but if you overwrote it theres no way it would with a soft reset.
It will still show iexplore.exe in the windows directory but its not pie its really Opera mobile.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

gswipe is a n00b

I am speaking of a soft reset (reset button or batt removal/replacement) and it seemed to do just that. I believe (I may be wrong) the problem lies in that when we place that file in the Windows directory it is simply allowing 2 of the same files to co-exist. This is really annoying on Microsoft's part, I've never seen such an issue with regular Windows, I'm surprised it is possible on WM. So if one were to go in and delete the new "iexplore.exe" that was place in the windows directory, then IE would be back up and running. The iexplore.exe file cannot be deleted with Total Commander (haven't tried Resco yet but I imagine similar results). Any other thoughts on this?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro