PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 10:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

dougw03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery dying because of lack of signal?

Hello,

So when I am at work I have 0 or 1 bars on Sprint. I have my phone set to check my email every 30 minutes, but I want to say because I don't have service the phone is constantly losing connection and reconnecting. Is this causing my battery to drain? Is there a program that can set roaming profile based on the time of day? I have free roaming but I don't want to use it when I don't have to. Thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 10:06 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Battery dying because of lack of signal?

yes that will affect your battery life, and the phone is supposed to automatically search for the nearest signal be it a roaming tower or your carrier tower. Call Customer Service and have them do a PRL update.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Jedi Master
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

At work my phone dies in maybe 4-5 hours if I don't leave it plugged in as it has only 1 or 2 bars most. At home on the weekends it can last for pretty much the entire day as I have full bars. I also leave mine on Home only as if I roam on VZW towers I can only get a 1x connection, and it takes a minute or two to find a Sprint tower again even when I walk outside again.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:32 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, look for "sprint force roaming" cab. That will give you the option to put your TP on Roam only. That will save you tons of wasted juice (may or may not get EV) depending on your area.
I may find it for ya
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sprint_Force_Roaming.zip (647 Bytes, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by HBOOT; 05-08-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Jedi Master

Darkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on repDarkjedi is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Dude, look for "sprint force roaming" cab. That will give you the option to put your TP on Roam only. That will save you tons of wasted juice (may or may not get EV) depending on your area.
I may find it for ya
Many custom ROMs also reinstated that option in the settings. I could use it, but I choose not to since normally my coverage is great everywhere except for work, where I don't really use my personal phone anyway. If roaming was capable of doing EVDO, I probably would use roam only, hahah.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

dougw03 is a n00b

I found the setting in my Mighty ROM, thanks. I noticed that when I had my stock rom, there was a setting button for Update PRL, but it's not in MR (I assume because its not carrier specific). Is there anyway to get that button back in MR? Also does anyone know if there is a way to automatically roam during certain times of the day?
Old 05-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougw03 View Post
I found the setting in my Mighty ROM, thanks. I noticed that when I had my stock rom, there was a setting button for Update PRL, but it's not in MR (I assume because its not carrier specific). Is there anyway to get that button back in MR? Also does anyone know if there is a way to automatically roam during certain times of the day?
I've noticed I've lost my Update PRL icon as well, how does one go about updating PRL on MR?
Old 05-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That would always happen to me when driving through more remote areas or when I was in heavily shielded rooms at work. I usually just put it in airplane mode until I am someplace with a decent signal.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you can call *2 (Sprint) tell the CSR to flag the PTN for a PRL update, wait for a minute or two then call *2 back and it will update the PRL, as for getting the icon back, i would post that in the ROMs thread
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjedi007 View Post
I've noticed I've lost my Update PRL icon as well, how does one go about updating PRL on MR?
Call Sprint and they will manually do it by sending it to your phone once you end the call. Try that and you should be ok.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro