PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: Sprint

boxerlover02 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think my phone is bricked!!!!!!!!!!

Well I was playing with my phone and the screen started to "morph" like half of things on one side and other thing just unreadable so I do a soft reset and then the screen goes REAL bright with lines going acrossed. so I take the battery out and try again turn the phone on and there is a windows loading sign in the middle of the screen as soon as I turn it on, then screen goes bright again and I cant do anything, Take the batttery out again again and finnally get back to the today screen and it still un useable touch screen didnt want to work that good. So after about 15 mins I finnally make it to the settings screen to do a hard reset and now its stuck at the screen alinemnt and wont work keeps going through the setup over and over and over....... called sprint and they said take it to a repair center and they will have to reboot it. My problem is I bought it from Best Buy and its been past 30 days so BB wont take it back probly and I really dont think I should have to settle for a refurb and if I have to use assurion I will get charged 100 bux wont I? Anybody got any suggestions?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: I think my phone is bricked!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerlover02 View Post
Well I was playing with my phone and the screen started to "morph" like half of things on one side and other thing just unreadable so I do a soft reset and then the screen goes REAL bright with lines going acrossed. so I take the battery out and try again turn the phone on and there is a windows loading sign in the middle of the screen as soon as I turn it on, then screen goes bright again and I cant do anything, Take the batttery out again again and finnally get back to the today screen and it still un useable touch screen didnt want to work that good. So after about 15 mins I finnally make it to the settings screen to do a hard reset and now its stuck at the screen alinemnt and wont work keeps going through the setup over and over and over....... called sprint and they said take it to a repair center and they will have to reboot it. My problem is I bought it from Best Buy and its been past 30 days so BB wont take it back probly and I really dont think I should have to settle for a refurb and if I have to use assurion I will get charged 100 bux wont I? Anybody got any suggestions?
put it in bootloader and flash with a stock rom

Old 03-19-2009, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

When I turn the phone on now I cant see anything at all it either stays bright or stays half lit and dont anything just sits there
Old 03-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Retired Staff

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
When I turn the phone on now I cant see anything at all it either stays bright or stays half lit and dont anything just sits there
you can still go into bootloader...hold down the vol down button then press and hold the power button on top...then perform a soft reset...did you ever flash to a custom rom?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

No custom rom, I was happy with the stock rom for now I was going to but just never got around to doing it, I dont get how to do it to begin with I have read how to but Its confusing to me
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Retired Staff

were you able to get it into bootloader?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

when I turn the phonw on now it either stays real bright and doesent do anything or it stays half lit and doesent do anything just sits there and I have to take the battery out to make it shut off
Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
when I turn the phonw on now it either stays real bright and doesent do anything or it stays half lit and doesent do anything just sits there and I have to take the battery out to make it shut off
did you try and put it in bootloader like i said?
Old 03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yea it just sits there like I said and does what I said caant see anything or gets real bright or stays half lit
Old 03-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Retired Staff

you should still be able to go into bootloader unless there is damage to the hardware...in which case i would take it to a sprint store and have them swap it out as its covered under manufactures warranty....or go thru assurion and pay the 50 bux before april 12th and get a nib touch pro as a replacement
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro