PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WHY do I have to suffer with this crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochris View Post
I switched from VZW to sprint to get way from the cheapass touch pro. I live just outside augusta GA and I'm getting 5 bars and this is what I have to put up with-

Is there any option other than switching back to VZW? I really like the sprint TP over the VZW but connectivity is important. I tried a few different radios and tested the speed in different places in augusta and it's all crap...... I used to get about 500 to 700 kbs with my poor old XV6700 on VZW and my VZW tp was maybe just a little slower than the 6700.

What's really weird is sometimes these tests start off really fast like over 1 mb/s and then it just dies down to .1-.2 mb/s after a few seconds. WTF I've had it with this crap.
Is that what you get all over town or just at your home, if at home call Sprint maybe something is wrong with tower and no one else complains. I have atower by me with heavy highway traffic it had a T1 go out at one time for a week before it got fixed and several other problems along the way.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keir333 View Post

If you bought the phone out right, not with the contract, couldn't you go back to Verizon and activate the Sprint Touch Pro on their network?
Unfortunately, that procedure (which is the best of both worlds) doesn't work anymore...........

~John
Old 03-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC DIA
Carrier: SPRINT

jgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuffjgatter knows their stuff

Listen, while with my vogue, when RevA=ENABLED in the EPST DATA SETTINGS I was getting great speeds. With my Diamond I was in the same boad, suffering with SUPER SLOW speeds. I decided to use the RevA=Disabled and all of a sudden I get 1.8down and 0.5up.

Give it a try: ##778#

There are many posts talking about this, this is one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=reva+disabled

Did not matter to me is disable means enabled or not, but in my case, disabling gave me 5x the speed I was getting before.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:30 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

you said 5 bars? there is an icon in ur taskbar that says either 1x or ev.... which one?

Old 03-28-2009, 08:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
you said 5 bars? there is an icon in ur taskbar that says either 1x or ev.... which one?
good advice, Hibb
also, is the weather on the frits out there??? im in OK, and yesterday(due to the storm i think) my connections to anything sprint was a lil, spotty...
Old 03-28-2009, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
How can i check my speed. When i go to speedtest.net from my phone in opera and skyfire it wont load.

Try this one http://www.mobilespeedtest.com/
Old 03-28-2009, 04:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by selders59 View Post
Here is a link I found that you could check out.

http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...t=news&id=6440
So i install this cab and head to the site?
Old 03-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon vx6800
Carrier: verizon

loungebear is a n00b

I had a sprint TP on Verizon for about a month. It kicked much butt. I'm in Salt Lake City and Verizon coverage is really nice here. Anyhown, I deactivated my TP after having trouble from a rom that messed up some settings. I cannot re-activate my TP on verizon. I went to a Verizon store and they called in to make a request to add my ESN to Verizons list of acceptable ESN's. But I will have to wait a week before I know if it's a go or not.

Check this thread for updates about my status and others.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro