PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: What program do you guys use to make wallpapers for the pro?

You can resize any image online for free... go here
Old 03-25-2009, 11:31 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndm101 View Post
gimp isnt really al that amazing. i run linux ubuntu studio and i hate gimp i still use cs3. open up a new template and put in yo9ur demensions and start editing or creating.
yeah gimp is so annoying to use, but hey, it's free lol. I use it here at work when I need to (or want to) do some quick image editing. It does it's job.

I totally recommend photoshop over gimp. The way controls and functions are laid out seem to make more sense than gimp's design.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Devilstrider is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
really, seriously, use some common sense here. If you find an image on the internet you like, open it up in ms paint and use the rectangle selection tool to cut out a 480x640 selection. You can see how many pixels you've selected as you're selecting it in the bottom right hand corner of ms paint.

If you need even more advanced editing power, download gimp (a photoshop mimic) it's free.

Finally, searching for 480x640 in google image search returns many: http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...h+Images&gbv=2

JEESH :P
I did that and it did a ok job. Man i swear some of you people on here got issues. People ask questions here to find out stuff that may work better for the phone then others. Also i want to make my own not download them. Why would i google images when i want to make my own? Calm down dude.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilstrider View Post
I did that and it did a ok job. Man i swear some of you people on here got issues. People ask questions here to find out stuff that may work better for the phone then others. Also i want to make my own not download them. Why would i google images when i want to make my own? Calm down dude.
Well my post wasn't meant to warrant (or deserved to get) that sort of reaction, so if anyone needs to calm down its you. I gave constructive advice with practical solutions to the question you asked.

You want to make your own wallpaper, awesome man, that's totally rad. For custom stuff like a fiber glass look with maybe some blood dripping from the top and a skull gleaming through like he's the one looking at the screen, get yourself Adobe Photoshop. With photoshop you'll learn to work with layers, filters, effects, and transformations. Gimp is a free alternative, and a program I suggested (if you read past the first sentance.)

Here's an example of a quick thing I threw together for someone's wallpaper at work:

and here are some loadup screens I made for people here on ppcgeeks:

In these images it's clear I used layers and lighting effects. You can do more with it. On another forum everyone was posting pictures of the cars the drove so I posted this:

on ytmnd I've made countless sites with adobe photoshop. Photoshop's possibilities are endless. You said you wanted to make wallpapers, there you go.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pocket pc
Carrier: airtel

semontuffel is a n00b

If you like CS2 for a photoshop mostly not create a problem because that photoshop has the best variety of tools availble for a wallpapers and you can easily change wallpapers and other types of graphic design.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tablet
Carrier: reliance

alicialenoire is a n00b

There are many programs are available to make attractive wallpaper. I always use MS Paint which is also one of the best tools to redesign an image and wallpapers. Using paint you can easily create the object more catchy and nice.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro