PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61926)

helix139 05-19-2009 03:41 PM

Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robin24k (Post 923943)
Would you mind elaborating on what the "QPST setings" are? Thanks.

That has been covered in this thread and on this forum many times over. You should be able to find more information easily by searching.

dehx 05-19-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 923584)
PRL has very little to do with getting your data connection working. The steps that have been posted previously for those with data connections that don't work are the proper steps. If, after activation and programming data does not work, you probably either need a DMU reset or are missing the public key, AAA, or HSA keys. If all else fails, you might have to copy them from your previous device. The guy below you has it right, not all solutions work for all people, but way to show up and look like a jackass.

Activate online, and use *228 option 1. Simple. If you keep getting data connection problems, you either have a bad radio, or a broken phone.

P.S. *228 Option 1 programs the AAA and HSA keys for you.

dehx 05-19-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TPMJB (Post 923042)
A couple things

1) Way to remain tactful
2) The same solution is not applicable to everybody. It has been a really long time since I've had the IMEI number. Hey look, error 67 still...
3)That PRL is old. I have a newer one that fixes the roaming error (attached)
4)If the IMEI is the problem, I'll take one off an old phone.
5)If we wanted to knob-gobble Verizon tech support all day, we would have done so by now.

1) Thank you for the rcognition, I realize I am very tactful, its nice to see you see this as well.
2) The PRL being old or not, as I use it I am able to max out the 3G connection in my area, the towers added in that updated PRL are minimal.
3) Yield yourself and Knob Gobble tech support already. You shouldn't have any reason to fear them, unless you are doing something fishy?
4) How is it that you have the physical phone and you don't have the IMEI number for a long time? Unless you removed the label from behind the battery, and erased the ESN, (which from all I have been able to find, is impossible to do, you can at least see it in EPST).
5) The only way the IMEI should be a problem as far as verizons tech dept goes, is if it is a stolen phone. Or you are illegally cloning a phone.
5a) Discussing ESN cloning is banned from these forums.
5b) Quit taking ritalin, have a xanax/prozac coktail for a change.

EDIT:

forgot to add :

6) I win.

stemo76 05-19-2009 05:18 PM

Bad news guys. I got a call back from Verizon today. They tell me they can't add my phone back to the database because its a sprint model and it hasn't been tested on the network. So Then I got caught in my lie telling them it was alltel. The guy was cool about it and is going to try a couple other things but it sounds like Verizon now has a list of phones from other carriers.

ttsupra95 05-19-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schteve (Post 920208)
Looks like this updates a few registry entries, which is exactly what I was looking for. I'm curious about a deeper solution with updated PRI/PRL/ERI but I have to get smarter about all that first.

You guys all rock. Thanks!

When I went into QPST program under service settings I just Changed it under the NAM tab to Verizon or what ever you want and write to phone. That will get rid of the Sprint banner. I have also seen GC post a cab on bored's TP Pro
GPS settings thread.

As far as getting your MEID added to the DMD data base, I had better luck in the evening with the techs. Just keep trying. It took me 3 times before I was with a tech that knew what he was doing. My brother in law also had the best luck in the evening (he took 4 times). But from 2 personal experiences in the past 2 weeks they can and will add it to the DMD database, just have to keep trying till you get a tech that knows what he is doing.

:headbang:

edit

I told them it was an unlocked Alltell HTC Touch Pro

AceXMachine 05-19-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehx (Post 924190)
Activate online, and use *228 option 1. Simple. If you keep getting data connection problems, you either have a bad radio, or a broken phone.

I am afraid you are wrong on both counts. There are literally several dozen reasons why you would not get data, least of which has anything to do with the radio/phone. Also, *228 option 1 does not program aaa/ha keys. This is done by the AAA server via a 1X connection.

AceXMachine 05-19-2009 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehx (Post 924242)
1) Thank you for the rcognition, I realize I am very tactful, its nice to see you see this as well.
2) The PRL being old or not, as I use it I am able to max out the 3G connection in my area, the towers added in that updated PRL are minimal.
3) Yield yourself and Knob Gobble tech support already. You shouldn't have any reason to fear them, unless you are doing something fishy?
4) How is it that you have the physical phone and you don't have the IMEI number for a long time? Unless you removed the label from behind the battery, and erased the ESN, (which from all I have been able to find, is impossible to do, you can at least see it in EPST).
5) The only way the IMEI should be a problem as far as verizons tech dept goes, is if it is a stolen phone. Or you are illegally cloning a phone.
5a) Discussing ESN cloning is banned from these forums.
5b) Quit taking ritalin, have a xanax/prozac coktail for a change.

EDIT:

forgot to add :

6) I win.

1) While generally correct, your directions do contain incorrect and/or misleading info.

2) This is correct, the new PRL should not contain significantly new info to affect most people.

3) As I and others have said, you just have to keep trying until you get a tech that knows the correct way to get it done. They do not do it themselves.

4 & 5) I think you are confusing the IMEI with MEID. VZW does not validate anything with the IMEI on the frontend.

6) Not quite, but you are more ahead than behind.

charlesbeebe 05-20-2009 01:01 AM

Thanks Ace

BigPimpinSlimDB 05-20-2009 08:40 AM

I just got a text from Verizon. It said to try *228 option 3, but nothing is happening. Did I do something wrong?

helix139 05-20-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dehx (Post 924190)

Not always. Depends how you activated your phone along with other factors. I can assure you I don't have a bad radio or phone but the only way I could get the proper keys was to copy them from my 6800