PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help With Pocket IE!!

Could one of the gurus please help me fix my pocket IE? I am using the stock TP rom with the stock IE. Something changed in the settings where it is permanently in full screen mode...ie no address bar at the top and no soft buttons (like favorites) at the bottom...when I tap and hold on the screen with the stylus, I get the dropdown menu, but nothing works...I scroll down to address by, click it, it flashes blue for a sec, goes back to the browser, and it's still in full screen...and if I scroll down to full screen, which has a check mark next to it, and click it (expecting this to turn full screen off), again, nothing happens...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I use this particular browser quite a bit...I find it a lot faster in general than Opera...

Thx
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Help With Pocket IE!!

When I tap on fullscreen, it removes the check and goes back to the browser in normal view. Have you tried closing the browser completely or a soft reset?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

a_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good worka_c_s is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the suggestion, but yes I have tried both...the browser has been opened and closed, and the device has been soft reset already...feels like a glitch in the matrix..

Any other ideas? Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hafrust View Post
When I tap on fullscreen, it removes the check and goes back to the browser in normal view. Have you tried closing the browser completely or a soft reset?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Bump? Anyone? I'm about to jump!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:00 PM
VIP Member

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I was able to duplicate your problem. I opened IE, went to full screen, tapped and held the stylus, selected address bar. Once I did that, it went back to the full screen browser. I was then unable to exit full screen mode. What I had to do to fix it was close down IE completely, re-open it, tap and hold the stylus, select full screen, and it took it back to normal view. In my case, tapping "address bar" while in full screen locked it.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the effort here... I tried what you suggested, which was to close the browser, then reopen it, hold the stylus, and go straight to full view (instead of tapping address bar first)....still no luck...goes right back to the full screen page view, which renders the browser worthless...I could live with navigating through my favorites with the tap method, but if I can't even page back without holding down the stylus, it's too much effort...
Old 03-11-2009, 04:33 PM
VIP Member

And just to make sure...you did close IE with your task manager, not just tapping the "x" and then re-opening IE?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

yes, def closed with task mgr...this problem actually persisted through multiple soft resets...so I kept tinkering last night, and although I could not fix the problem trying to tap on the address bar or full screen tabs, I tried something different and random that finally worked...I reset, went to the IE, held down the stylus, clicked on "select all' and when it took me back to the full screen, held the stylus again, and clicked on "full screen"...this seemed to loosen up whatever was gumming up the works and I am now functional again w pocket IE...what a wierd experience though...
Old 03-12-2009, 08:41 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

Alternatively you could have just changed the value of

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FullScreen to 0 and it should have fixed it.

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro