PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Sprint terminating my contract for too much roaming (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60249)

agentjonnyb 03-07-2009 02:32 AM

Re: Sprint terminating my contract for too much roaming

I would definitely negotiate, it is their fault for not providing coverage there, you're paying for roaming, etc. If that fails, I would not give back the phone, you paid for it, it's yours, it's used, what value is it to them but a refurb for assurion to give someone. As the other guy said, you can bring it onto vzw.

becomer 03-07-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 757984)
I just cancelled Sprint 2 weeks ago due to the increase in admin fees (thats what I told them) and I was only with them for 6 weeks. I paid no ETF and kept my TP. I put it on VZN and am VERY happy. I read you can cancel until 3/15 and not be charged the ETF. You might try that. BTW i cancelled because I kept having calls go to vm when i had full bars. I would have like to have stayed with them since they are 50 bucks a month less than vzn but I cant be missing calls. I also got a free Airave from them I need to sell....

What exactly is an airave? Does it cost money to setup/maintain? How much do you want for it?

kennyidaho 03-07-2009 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becomer (Post 757993)
What exactly is an airave? Does it cost money to setup/maintain? How much do you want for it?

Basically it's a box that you hook up to your internet then it provides 1x signal to your phone. Think of it as a mini personal cellphone tower. I believe there is a $5 a month charge. I don't know how much the box costs though. I do know that sometimes people in low signal errors have convinced sprint to give them one for free.

Nimdock 03-07-2009 06:09 AM

Yeah, you can definitely convince them to give you one for free with no monthly fee! In this case is the least they could do.

Dr.8820 03-07-2009 07:34 AM

that sucks my man! sprint is crazy..they should've given you an airave!

jmorton10 03-07-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikenerd (Post 757984)
BTW i cancelled because I kept having calls go to vm when i had full bars. ..

That was why I dumped sprint & went to verizon.

I am using a sprint TouchPro activated on VZ & I love it.

~John

Dr.8820 03-07-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becomer (Post 757993)

airaves cost $99 plus $4.99/month for unlimited calls from your home or $15 for 2+ phones. i was lucky; i was talking to sprint a week ago and the signal kept dropping so they charged me $50 and waived the monthly fee for the next 2 years. EDIT: welcome to the battlefield soldier!

dkincaid 03-07-2009 09:47 AM

Guys, I don't think you really are thinking this out...

I'm positive there are likely some type of peering arrangements that the mobile providers have that allow for a certain amount of roaming time on each others towers. At some point, there are likely fees associated. If the original poster is using roaming excessively, it's very possible that Sprint is either losing money, or coming close enough to losing money that they don't want to take a chance.

As a business owner in a related field, I can say from experience that there are times when it makes sense to fire customers. It's just not working out. I'm sure he isn't getting the best service possible either and would likely be happy with someone who has native towers.

I'm in Maine right now roaming, and it completely sucks. A good portion of my calls are going right to voicemail etc. I can't imagine having to deal with roaming all the time, no matter how great the phones are with Sprint.

Just my .02! ;)

DaPeeps 03-07-2009 09:53 AM

If you think Verizon would give you better service...by all means go for it.

But dont you dare let them get away with taking that phone. you tell them under no circumstances will you give that phone back. If they persist..tell them to go ahead and charge you. Let it go to collections and then dispute it on your credit report.

Also, tell them you will report them to the better business bureau.

That is just OUTRAGEOUS.

Dr.8820 03-07-2009 09:55 AM

i agree with the above post but whomever told the op that sprint was terminating the contract dropped the ball. they should have at least offered the airave. just wait til dan hears about this!