PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   I think I'm done. Getting a Blackberry (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=60221)

chappy 03-06-2009 06:44 PM

Re: I think I'm done. Getting a Blackberry

The grass is always greener my man.

I look at it this way. The Touch Pro is a Harley. It doesn't have the best ride, get the best gas mileage, crap falls off of it on a ride, but man is it cool.

The Blackberry is like one of those Honda touring bikes. It gets you around, and is reliable, but it's pretty boring.

kitts 03-06-2009 06:45 PM

The Touch pro is one of the best PDA phones available in the market. You can keep it up-to-date by using the latest ROMs and UCs.

You got a lemon, get it exchanged with a new Touch Pro. Demand it from Sprint. If you are a valuable customer to Sprint you will get it replaced with a new phone.

xgm541 03-06-2009 06:47 PM

oh and as for backup.. try spb. what i do is backup once a week when i know my phone is working fine, and if anything goes bad, i restore everything including programs and registry as well as texts and call logs.

poopsie 03-06-2009 06:48 PM

It amazes me how some people say that their phone sucks. I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people who have problems are running 42 processes in the background, on a home brew ROM they built with no knowledge, while swimming under water and having dropped it from a 40' cliff. Yet, they are just beyond themselves why their phone is crap. I don't know if this is your case, I am not saying that, but I have seen it more then once on my friends phones. My wifes Blackberry has just as many problems as my Pro, she is on her third one in a month. I can tell you this, enjoy deleting emails twice, or pay $20 extra so you don't have to do that. Just my two cents-

BrokenLimits 03-06-2009 06:59 PM

I run NO Processes, I have run custom roms and I have played with them all. I havent even installed a single program on it man. I am a former tech support person. I know what I am doing. This is my 2nd Touch Pro. The keyboard is still not working at all now. I bet if I drive to the store it will start working in the parking lot.

Just so frustrated. I loved my 6700 It had its issues but I put up with it. This phone is just not even been worth the frustration.

BrokenLimits 03-06-2009 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 757382)
The grass is always greener my man.

I look at it this way. The Touch Pro is a Harley. It doesn't have the best ride, get the best gas mileage, crap falls off of it on a ride, but man is it cool.

The Blackberry is like one of those Honda touring bikes. It gets you around, and is reliable, but it's pretty boring.

I think im tired of calling the tow truck and just want the reliability lol

havox22 03-06-2009 07:18 PM

my brothers fiancee has the pearl and hates it she says she cant do anything that she need to on that phone...she got it for business purposes cuz she heard that blackberries were good for that, so maybe u want to look into a different blackberry then the pearl

ehanhan 03-06-2009 07:40 PM

User error is hilarious.

GhettoBSD 03-06-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrokenLimits (Post 757361)
Sort of missing the point. I shouldn't HAVE to be using safe guards to allow the phone to mess up. I wouldn't be looking at the Storm, I am looking at the Nextel Pearl or whatever it is called.

hahahahaha

"i shouldn't have to worry about using safe guards to allow windows/apple/unix/linux/calculators/ipods/microwaves... mess up."

that's life, dude.

The Twizted Guy 03-06-2009 08:18 PM

Sorry to hear you are having issues man. BB have their issues too. I have a blackberry as well, so take it from me and others. Any phone is not going to be drama free. You will ahve to live and learn with the issues and know how to navigate around them...

I plan on keeping my BB. This phone so outdoes any BB, but I am a crackhead for life. They only reason I will keep my BB service is the BB Messenger.

JE