PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Arcsoft on Mighty ROM not working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58986)

viwizard 02-24-2009 04:09 AM

Re: Arcsoft on Mighty ROM not working

I got 1 out of 3 pix from wife diamond, so it may be a Sprint issue!

mebo73 02-24-2009 04:18 AM

i haVe reinstalled 3 times, Im in AL if someone wants to send a pic to test PM me for my number

mebo73 02-24-2009 04:27 AM

WOW weird I got them all of a sudden!!

bit1 02-24-2009 08:26 AM

Hey guys, don't forget the love for sMMS. I have used it since back on my Vogue and it still works just fine with me. Just looking out for devs of lite, quick software

SporkLover 02-24-2009 08:34 AM

Arcsoft isnt the issue, it is Sprint.

Bit1, for those of us using Arcsoft, sMMS was a great app, especially when Arcsoft was blocked.... however, it pissed me off to no end when users were forced into paying for it.

The Devs took a perfectly good working version, crippled it, added a nag screen, and asked for $5. That doesnt sit well with me. While I would have loved to donate to the project, and I periodically do here, it didnt sit well with me. I will never go back to it.

Besides that.... Arcsoft is completely integrated into the OS, you don't have to launch a seperate App. Much better IMO, much lighter, much faster, more responsive.

moovius 02-24-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SporkLover (Post 734680)
Arcsoft isnt the issue, it is Sprint.

Bit1, for those of us using Arcsoft, sMMS was a great app, especially when Arcsoft was blocked.... however, it pissed me off to no end when users were forced into paying for it.

Besides that.... Arcsoft is completely integrated into the OS, you don't have to launch a seperate App. Much better IMO, much lighter, much faster, more responsive.

And we can now send video MMS (couldn't with sMMS).

Chuck_IV 02-24-2009 10:06 AM

Yea, this seems like a Sprint side issue. I had the same symptoms last night. I sent myself 3 messages last night around 2:30am, AFTER doing a hard reset. I got the first one but not the next 2. I then cut my loses and reverted back to the backup I made, before doing the hard reset.

Turned my phone on at 6am this morning and at 7:04am, I suddenly received the 2 missing message I sent at around 2:30am. I proceeded to test again this morning and have not had this issue. Everything was receiving fine.

This definitely is a Sprint side issue. It just makes people cringe and think it's other things because of the issues many had with the stock ROM.

MightyMike 02-24-2009 10:17 AM

I think it was reported back in my thread that it was a carrier specific problem, and all is working now.

MojoRisen 02-24-2009 12:22 PM

Yeah - Sprint has been doing some upgrades over the last few weeks (maybe months), but all has seemed to calm down now, with the exception of a hiccup here and there. I was having a lot of issues with picture mail, as well as texts, but they send/receive just fine now.

Mojo

Technology1 02-24-2009 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 734791)
I think it was reported back in my thread that it was a carrier specific problem, and all is working now.

MightyMike/Rico, you know your ROM "RULES" without a doubt, Stevie Wonder can see that... On my TP Arcsoft MMS 5.0.69.44 works like a charm, if you don't do the registry hach with the install it will not work correctly.

I believe what everybody was experiencing yesterday is a Sprint network problem, no fault in your 4.11 ROM. I have no problems.

My procedure, install Sprint Picture mail first, soft reset your TP and on the come back up, delete Sprint Picture mail form your TP, soft reset your TP again. On the come back up, install Arcsoft 5.0.69.44 and install the increase 5MB sending limit cab, if you desire it, works like a charm..

Theory Only: the Sprint picture Mail leaves some files behind that are vital, theory only now....:headbang::headbang::headbang: