PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   sprint touch pro keyboard locking up soft reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=57383)

icecool742 02-20-2009 03:46 PM

Re: sprint touch pro keyboard locking up soft reset

if any one got that.. its prolly faulty device.. take it back.. in condition where they can't power it on.. they'll have to replace it..
my new pro runs great !

thacounty 02-25-2009 05:08 PM

Mine just started giving me this same exact problem. when it messes up my whole phone locks up. it seems directly related 2 messaging when it happens then will not work anywhere, of course that's where I do most my typin. I noticed it skips letters half the time 2 on ttttttop offff thhhe additional letters then stopping completely. Stock rom. going 2 call sprint I guess.

Quick addition this is a new phone w the new software, where they changed a few things. My 1st 1 from release day never had this prob.

Mega-Japan 04-29-2009 05:24 PM

I recently started getting this veeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyy annoying problem. It was working perfectly when new, now it's just annoying as heck, and it's on stock rom. I suppose got to take it to Sprint, there's a reason why I'm paying $7 extra monthly >_>.

thacounty 04-29-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mega-Japan (Post 885034)
I recently started getting this veeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyyy annoying problem. It was working perfectly when new, now it's just annoying as heck, and it's on stock rom. I suppose got to take it to Sprint, there's a reason why I'm paying $7 extra monthly >_>.

Sprint will try to fix then give you a new one. Thats what they did for me. It was a problem with something on the main circuit board or something. It was no big deal and I had a new one that day.

los2003 04-29-2009 05:42 PM

My keyboard doen't work at all either and i haven't even flashed a different rom yet

nization 04-29-2009 10:57 PM

This problem developed for me yesterday. I first called sprint and they ran me through "reprogramming" my phone and like others, this worked for a few minutes, then the keyboard went out again. She told me to take it in to the store after that. I took this opportunity to try a custom ROM finally and I thought I'd fixed it last night. That is, until I was at work today, using my phone for work notes and mileage. Then the keyboard went out and I've been using it like my old regular Touch phone again now. Flashing the stock ROM back onto the phone now so that I can take it into sprint tomorrow.

deprecated 05-24-2009 02:46 AM

I've had this problem with two Sprint Touch Pro's. First one started not working at random, typing extra letters, and skipping letters entirely... then the keyboard completely died. I reflashed a stock ROM and relocked it then took it to the sprint store and had a replacement delivered by post the very following morning.

Now, my REPLACEMENT Touch Pro is developing the same problems... starts off randomly then locks the device up, etc. If this one dies I'm swapping devices. Hate to because I love my TP, but... no sense in a hardware keyboard that doesn't work!

Ragster 05-24-2009 01:34 PM

I had this problem too. But I didn't do those ROM things because I'm fairly new to this stuff, though I think it might've been from something I installed because after I did a hard reset, it got better for the most part. Haven't had the problem since. But now I get a problem where I'll type something and nothing comes up on the screen for maybe a minute =/ The keyboards light turns off like I haven't pressed anything. I think I'm going to have to call Sprint since my phone is only 3 weeks old ugh..

mikey1234 05-24-2009 01:39 PM

yea, if your keyboard is doing tthhhiiiiiiiis when you type its about to die. i've had two do this already on me in about 5 months time. i brought it to a sprint store. they told me they replaced the keyboard and it was still doing it, so now sprint is sending a replacement in the mail. so in about 2-3 more months i will have the exact same issue :angry7:

ehardy76 08-19-2009 10:55 AM

I am on my fourth TP & getting ready to go back in for the fifth all in a matter of 3-4 months time. The second one I got went out in a week's time.
I never had this problem with my Mogul so I really hope the TP2 doesn't have this issue.