PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 07:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Removing old mail accounts from TF3D

Ok, I ended up having to create a mortscript to delete the cemail.vol file on restart.
That got rid of all my mail. but *shrugs* eh, whatever. Had to reinstall picturemail to get that account to show up and remove and re-configure my exchange server.
But all is good now. Thanks for helping to lead me in the right direction.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

jmlg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athasian View Post
Ok, I ended up having to create a mortscript to delete the cemail.vol file on restart.
That got rid of all my mail. but *shrugs* eh, whatever. Had to reinstall picturemail to get that account to show up and remove and re-configure my exchange server.
But all is good now. Thanks for helping to lead me in the right direction.
I am having the same phantom email account problem. I restored my Touch Pro from a backup that I made with the HTC utility and now TouchFlo shows the 3 email accounts that I had set up previously, but they do not actually exisit.

What is the script that you used to remove all of your email account on your TP?

Thanks in advance,
John
Old 02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywing269 View Post
So I just flashed my TP to an updated ROM and restored all my data using Sprite Backup. It brought everything back fine, however it also brought back the 2 POP mail accounts I had configured previously. TF3D is still showing envelopes containing emails for these accounts, however the accounts and emails do not exist on the system itself. Tapping on them simply brings me to the Setup New Account screen. How would I go about removing these non-existent accounts so that I may remake them from scratch? Thanks.
I also had that problem and that is why I stopped using SpriteBackup. But,, and correct me if I am wrong, I believe that when I restored backup I un-selected the e-mails backup. Or maybe I just set up my e-mail first then restored backup. I honestly can't remeber but I believe one of those two. Sorry if this doesn't help!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Yeah nuking the database is just shy of a hard reset

Apparently something about restoring from backup is putting something in the db that TF3d sees, but the mail app doesn't. Nuke it from space, it's the only way to be sure.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

I had this problem till I started using SK Tools. The option is under the PIM category, and then Delete PIM information.

The only way I could get rid of phantom mail folders.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Lurker

jmlg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
I had this problem till I started using SK Tools. The option is under the PIM category, and then Delete PIM information.

The only way I could get rid of phantom mail folders.
I assume that this will also wipe my contacts. Not a big deal as I have them backed up on my Mac and can put them right back on.

Anything else that it deletes that I should know about?

This might be the perfect solution. Thanks!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlg View Post
I assume that this will also wipe my contacts. Not a big deal as I have them backed up on my Mac and can put them right back on.

Anything else that it deletes that I should know about?

This might be the perfect solution. Thanks!
Nope, it wont wipe your contacts. It only removes the mail account or PIM accounts you choose. If you dont choose nothing else, then all other PIM information stays intact.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

For added reference, I had to re-cook for test. I used Sprite Backup and restored. First did it right after flash and had ghost e-mail account you are all talking about. Then I hard reset, set up e-mail, then restored. All is fine...no double e-mail accounts, etc. Hope this is useful!?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

Athasian is keeping up the good workAthasian is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmlg View Post
I am having the same phantom email account problem. I restored my Touch Pro from a backup that I made with the HTC utility and now TouchFlo shows the 3 email accounts that I had set up previously, but they do not actually exisit.

What is the script that you used to remove all of your email account on your TP?

Thanks in advance,
John
just saved a text file in /windows/startup called deletecemail.mscr (get rid of the .txt extention) and the contents of the file was Delete cemail.vol

make sure to remove it from startup after your softreboot.

btw, credit goes to a poster on xda, but I dont remember who or what post. i came across it while trying to find a solution, but I didnt try it first. So I lost the post.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Lurker

jmlg is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SporkLover View Post
Nope, it wont wipe your contacts. It only removes the mail account or PIM accounts you choose. If you dont choose nothing else, then all other PIM information stays intact.
Gotta thank you! This method worked perfectly. Much appreciated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro