PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WAD2 HORRIBLE Performance

Why is it with the default WAD2 theme that when I change the tab it does the animation VERY slowly. My old XV6800 does not do this! And this phone has the drivers for the Direct 3d too! This is lame as hell. Anyone know of a fix to make it run off the 3d drivers or something. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Re: WAD2 HORRIBLE Performance

I don't know, I'm actually quite new to the Wisbar applications. I had to teach myself how to skin the entire interface when downloading the "just another vista theme" from Lakeridge. It's not the best theme, but I like it! So far I haven't had any issues with it, except that it crashes...nothing specific actually and it's not often either. It did crash constantly when I adde WA with WAD and everytime I updated the WA ui, I get a DesktopApp.exe crash or something like that...

OH well...Maybe I haven't gotten to the part about tab animations... cause right now I've just animated the docs for now...
Old 02-01-2009, 09:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sounds good however I'm interested as to why its lagging. Even S2U2 lags compared to it running on my OLD xv6800.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

It seems to be a problem specific to VGA. My mogul animation worked fine. Try switching the animation to "fade" instead of the current one, it works faster.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm. Still, the touch pro has like 3x more power than a XV6800 it should be able to support 200 more pixels on each orientation. Its not like it takes a pocket super computer to do that.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro & Palm Pre

Machinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuffMachinehead knows their stuff

I have a feeling that the default theme is QVGA and the page scaling is screwing up the animations. Page changes had a 1 second delay on the mogul. I prefer docks to page changes they load much faster.

Edit: Looks like it's just the "flow" animation that's slow. The slide animations are nice and snappy with no delay like I experience on the Mogul.

Last edited by Machinehead; 02-02-2009 at 01:27 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro