PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Should I swap for a Refurb? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=55809)

JZ* 02-01-2009 01:52 AM

Should I swap for a Refurb?

First post from a long time "lurker"...My 3 month old crappy holster velcro gave up the ghost and my TP went flying went I got out of my car and dented and scratched the frame; the phone and all funtions appear to be working fine...but this is the first damage to my phone and it pisses me off!
I decided to go to Sprint to see if they would replace it...I explained exactly what happened and to my surprise, the manager offered to get me another phone, but said it would be a refurb. I told him to order it, and he said I can look it over before I swap. He also gave me a new oem case to replace my worn out one (nice jesture), I appreciate Sprint stepping up like this, BUT...my question:
Should I swap the phone out? Anything I need to look for to make sure it is a good one (build date, etc)? Any problems with refurbs? Should I take the phone if it look ok?

thanks in advance for your insight :)

HBOOT 02-01-2009 02:00 AM

Re: Should I swap for a Refurb?

sorry bout your incident, u can take it for a test drive since by now you know what to look for like chrome, speakers jacked up, raised buttons...worst case scenario u returned that biatch again , not fun but what you gonna do bout it!!

B18DelSolT 02-01-2009 02:03 AM

refurbes arnt that bad, there fairly well and if you have issues you can always go back for another one, its just a hassle

WarChild 02-01-2009 02:06 AM

never had a problem with a referb.

Dr.8820 02-01-2009 02:43 AM

just remember that a refurb was someone's problem once. i would get a new one from the store as soon as your refurb comes in.

Aleki 02-01-2009 03:08 AM

every refurb ive received has had a flaw of some sort. for me, every encounter happens to be some blemish on the screen (lighter spots on the screen, sensitivity, etc) though as stated, most refurbs wont be free of problems. but if youre touch was one of the first builds or simply gone to crap, it wont hurt to have it replaced. eventually youre replacement of the replacement will be better than what you first bought ;)

JZ* 02-01-2009 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr8820 (Post 682051)
just remember that a refurb was someone's problem once. i would get a new one from the store as soon as your refurb comes in.

How would i do that? (if necessary)
Thanks

jmorton10 02-01-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aleki (Post 682092)
every refurb ive received has had a flaw of some sort. ;)

Yup

~John

JZ* 02-03-2009 01:05 AM

Well my "refurb" phone came in AND...they sent me a BRAND NEW one :laughing3:I guess they were out of refurbs...Whooya!! It came with ALL the goodies, so now I have 2 chargers, etc. Pretty cool huh! All I had to do was reinstall my Sprite Backup, and within 5 min, back up and running...

1 min 4 sec on the clock and build date of Jan 14th 09...cool!

I don't care what other say about Sprint...They have been great for me so far! And with this board...what could be better:thumbleft:

510jungleboy 02-03-2009 01:16 AM

I just received my replacement today. It's NEW , i like the way everything is flushed, unlike the first batch that came out in Oct. I got smart and apply my Bodyguard protector on it already.