PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

umpac18 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to umpac18
Please Help with My Touch pro

So i received my TP in the mail today and decided to call sprint to activated, which was my first mistake. Everything went fine until the TP prompted me to restart it after I changed it to my phone number from the Mogul.. When it restarts, it asks for a password, but it will not let me put one in. Now it says i have entered an incorrect password to many times and to try again enter a1b2c3, but it will only let me enter the letters and not the numbers. i tried a master reset and i cant even get that to come up. I took it to this guy at my local repair center and he wants to ship it out and charge me another 55 plus it will take up to 10 more day to get the new one. And remember i still have to send my Mogul back within 15. Please guys any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Please Help with My Touch pro

i don't know why you blame calling sprint for this mistake. calling sprint didn't lock your phone. do you know your msl? did you try entering that as your password? why don't you make a mistake, like calling sprint, and ask for the msl and see if that helps.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

+1 for calling Sprint back and get the info from them. If that fails then send it back or take it to a Sprint store. But you shouldn't have to pay anything as it's under warranty and under the 30 period. And besides, if it's flat out defective then it's not your problem and you shouldn't have to pay.

late,
Coz
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP

I would download the original stock ROM and reflash the OEM ROM to see if that helps.
What carrier are you using?

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

umpac18 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to umpac18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i don't know why you blame calling sprint for this mistake. calling sprint didn't lock your phone. do you know your msl? did you try entering that as your password? why don't you make a mistake, like calling sprint, and ask for the msl and see if that helps.
Sorry, Im just so frustrated, i know its not Sprints fault, but I took it to a repair center and he even called Sprint to see what was wrong with it and no go. He said i can try and do the exchange again online and he will tell them not to charge my account twice, because i will be sending both the Mogul and the TP back. Thanks for the help guys, no dissrepect against Sprint, like I said im just frustrated and a lil exhausted from dealing with this all day.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro