PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   To The Pandora Users (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=53045)

Mr. X 01-13-2009 04:33 PM

To The Pandora Users

i might have figured out whats causing the cut off so streaming at the end of playback on custom roms, where it has to reestablish its evdo connection.

try this fix out and let me know if it has helped or fixed anything. its a stab in the dark as Pandora hates Canadians and i cant test it up here.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=1478

let me know

goldtoy01 01-13-2009 05:04 PM

Re: To The Pandora Users

didn't work 4 me. still skips

Mr. X 01-13-2009 05:11 PM

skipping wasnt an issue this is supposed to fix. its supposed to see if it fixes the issue where Pandora drops the connection to ev and has to reinitiate it.

saf100792 01-13-2009 05:35 PM

testing now will post back with reply

EDIT: nope didnt work unfortunately still get the skip between tracks

Mr. X 01-13-2009 05:49 PM

damn, back to the drawing board. thanks for the help guys.

it would be easier to pinpoint if Pandora used wmp to stream instead of its self.

ycats 02-17-2009 09:38 AM

whenever I got Pandora to play a song, I couldn't get it to stop playing............had to soft reset.

signothefish 02-17-2009 10:52 AM

We were listening to Pandora in the car last night, and my wife was like "ew, that sounds horrible". So I whipped out my Pocket Scrobbler and said, "see, there's hope afterall".

crazychef 02-17-2009 11:28 AM

+1 for pocket scrobbler/last fm

acurakid93 02-19-2009 11:57 PM

The newest pandora plays perfect with wifi...I dont get why even with a solid ev connection it drops the song at like 40 seconds...makes no sense.

acurakid93 02-19-2009 11:58 PM

I lied...im listening now on Wifi, and it just dropped the song at 1:35 seconds...forget this app for now lol GARBAGE

drizzo91 03-01-2009 01:27 AM

have any of the incredibly smart geekers here offered to help the people at pandora come out with stable apps faster? By reading their blog and the comments, it looks like they are just overwhelmed. I know i am not nearly smart enough to help, but someone here must be....right?

skeegcpp 03-01-2009 04:35 AM

PPCgeeks to the rescue!!!!!

drizzo91 03-01-2009 11:11 PM

This wouldn't be the first time PPC geeks helped another company. Remember sMMS? I heard sprint reps were pointing customers to PPCgeeks.com for a solution to pic mail on winmo lol

skeegcpp 03-02-2009 01:22 AM

Exactly..so PPCgeeks to the rescue!! but pandora is tricky. im waiting for an official release.

jnuts5423 03-02-2009 10:55 AM

all you have to do is go in adv conf and change network/ tcp window size to 98304. flash 4 times a week, guarunteed to work.

ShadowDrake 03-02-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnuts5423 (Post 748090)
all you have to do is go in adv conf and change network/ tcp window size to 98304. flash 4 times a week, guarunteed to work.

That's insanity though.

I was extremely excited to see the Pandora app finally come out, even though it wasn't really for the TP.

I didn't use it for long though, the audio quality is extremely poor and the skipping of songs turned into a minor annoyance while I was still on a stock ROM, to a major problem when I reflashed. Before, it made it to about 30 seconds before the song would end, on a reflashed rom, it would hardly make it to 30 seconds from the beginning.

Now I just use Core Player and pick some internet radio streams.

nitefall 03-02-2009 10:53 PM

weird I used Pandora over the weekend on my Calku rom and now I'm on groove and can't get the boxes to show up to be able to log in.
I did have a short period where it was playing every song all the way through when I was on Calku's rom but I have no idea what was different...

karate134 03-02-2009 11:16 PM

How are you getting pandora on your pro? Mine says it's not compatible and that's it.

abrigham 03-03-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karate134 (Post 749741)
How are you getting pandora on your pro? Mine says it's not compatible and that's it.

We're using .CAB files that have been posted elsewhere on the forums. They've been pulled from various devices, none of them VGA (as far as I know) so visually it shows up funny. The issue mentioned in this thread is that on other devices, it seems to work flawlessly, but on the TP it tends to cut the songs off part way through. It seems like what's happening is that it buffers part of the song and starts playing it but never reconnects to buffer the rest, so it just skips to the next song.

WanderingMinstrel 03-03-2009 05:43 PM

I'm using the original Pandora cab that I had on my Apache and it plays perfectly on my stock TP. The visual is weird because it is not VGA, of course, and everything is tiny including the exit button. But all the songs play through as advertised with no buffering problem whatsoever. I'm satisfied since it's not a visual program anyway. It's for listening to. I don't know which version of the cab I have. But if you look for old postings instead of newer ones, you might luck out.

karate134 03-03-2009 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 751332)
I'm using the original Pandora cab that I had on my Apache and it plays perfectly on my stock TP. The visual is weird because it is not VGA, of course, and everything is tiny including the exit button. But all the songs play through as advertised with no buffering problem whatsoever. I'm satisfied since it's not a visual program anyway. It's for listening to. I don't know which version of the cab I have. But if you look for old postings instead of newer ones, you might luck out.

can you post the one cab you have? (if it's not against some kind of rules)

skeegcpp 03-03-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karate134 (Post 751343)
(if it's not against some kind of rules)

lol..sorry, found that remark funny. not hard feelings an all that

drizzo91 03-03-2009 06:12 PM

here is where i got my .cab from
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...dora+touch+pro

karate134 03-03-2009 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skeegcpp (Post 751364)
lol..sorry, found that remark funny. not hard feelings an all that

Hey, didn't mean for it to be funny, but hey! if it made ya laugh then awesome.
Well, that's the disclaimer bc of the warez rules and all that jazz. Didn't want someone to flip out at me.

Sayajin 04-05-2009 09:17 PM

Fix for Pandora?

I remember reading a few months ago about a possible fix for the problem with Pandora only playing 30sec of a song before moving to the next one.

I wasnt using Pandora back then so I diddnt pay much attention to it, however I have since begun using Pandora and love it. Did anyone ever come out with the fix for the issue where it only plays 30sec of a song and then moves to the next song?

-Sayajin

jnuts5423 04-05-2009 10:01 PM

Re: Fix for Pandora?

1 Attachment(s)
you need to download advanced configuration tool. change your file system filter cach to 131072 sectors.
go into network and change tcp window size to 98304.
I do this after every flash, and it always fixes it.

I personally change glyph cache to to 32 kb, and file system cache size to 8 mb. allows more history of you tube videos and such

Heres the cab

rmel77 04-06-2009 01:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just tried this cab right now and seems to be working. I actually found this cab at another forum. Installed it and soft reset my phone.

Sayajin 04-06-2009 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnuts5423 (Post 826643)
you need to download advanced configuration tool. change your file system filter cach to 131072 sectors.

I personally change glyph cache to to 32 kb, and file system cache size to 8 mb. allows more history of you tube videos and such

Heres the cab

Tried this and doesnt fix the problem. Still have the same issue.

Quote:

I just tried this cab right now and seems to be working. I actually found this cab at another forum. Installed it and soft reset my phone.
I will try this one and report back in a bit.

-Sayajin

mad212 04-07-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Heres the cab

Worked great for me. Thanks!

bubbatex 04-07-2009 12:09 PM

So you install the Pandora cab and THEN the Juggalo cab above?

elmerfudpucker 04-07-2009 01:49 PM

my pandora works fine but the controls are small as hell....

fasttommyv 04-07-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Heres the cab

Fix worked perfect for me! Sprint TP, Juicy 6 with the sprint beta 1.11 radio.

Thanks

Rento_VW 04-07-2009 05:50 PM

Does it work with the stock ROM good?

bedlam247 04-07-2009 06:07 PM

Anyone have the pandora.cab that will play the complete song, rather than stopping, buffering ala connecting, and then advancing to the next song. It's very annoying. And the fix called "Juggalo_X Pandora Streaming Fix.cab" doesn't work.

CozBoogie 04-07-2009 06:10 PM

Threads merged.

lae,
Coz

Krisman 04-07-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Heres the cab

Awesome job that worked for me.
Before the changes never played a whole song and now it does.

bedlam247 04-08-2009 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks Krisman for reposting Jnuts5423's post!

Okay everyone, I've read all the Pandora threads and here's what works. First I will say that I totally ignored the advice posted by jnuts5423 because the next posting said it didn't work, but did not explain why it did not work for that person!

Again many thanks to Krisman for reposting the jnuts5423 post!!!!!

Okay, I will start by saying that I tried three known versions of Pandora, v.1.0.25, v.1.1.10, and v.1.1.4 (there were many file naming derivatives from these three versions). I tried the "Juggalo_X Pandora Streaming Fix.cab" in combination with Pandora version, but to no avail. I next tried every version of Pandora (three above) by itself, but to no avail.

Then I follow the "file systems filter cach = 131072 sectors" and "tcp window size = 98304" and BAM! I saw the light at the end of the Pandora light!

erockvr6 04-08-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 833329)

Okay everyone, I've read all the Pandora threads and here's what works. First I will say that I totally ignored the advice posted by jnuts5423 because the next posting said it didn't work, but did not explain why it did not work for that person!

Okay, I will start by saying that I tried three known versions of Pandora, v.1.0.25, v.1.1.10, and v.1.1.4 (there were many file naming derivatives from these three versions). I tried the "Juggalo_X Pandora Streaming Fix.cab" in combination with Pandora version, but to no avail. I next tried every version of Pandora (three above) by itself, but to no avail.

Then I follow the "file systems filter cach = 131072 sectors" and "tcp window size = 98304" and BAM! I saw the light at the end of the Pandora light!

Awesome! thank you works very good w/ this trick!

hyakku 04-08-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erockvr6 (Post 833818)
Awesome! thank you works very good w/ this trick!

YESSS!!!!

You are godlike for this fix. Thanks so much man.

gianthobbit 04-10-2009 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bedlam247 (Post 833329)

I tried this and my pandora just says connecting... never goes anywhere. I used both the pandora version you had attached. I am running the latest 6.5 from JD, maybe it just does not work with 6.5 yet? But honestly WTF is taking Pandora sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to make a VGA freaking client out. Iphone has version 2.0 and its been months since it came out for wvga, just really annoyed by this.