PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

tweaked21 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, I don't like the Touch Pro...

Well, I just got my new HTC Touch Pro from Verizon in yesterday! I don't like it! It's not what I had thought it was going to be. For starters, it's much more thicker/bulkier than I had anticipated. The screen is ultra clear and crisp, but it's too small. Needless to say, I've ordered a Samsung Omnia and plan on giving that phone a shot....
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sorry, I don't like the Touch Pro...

Not sure if this is your first Windows phone or not, if so the pics on here will make the screen and text look bigger. I have the mogul now and hope soon to get the pro. The Pro has a better screen being VGA and not QVGA. I think it would be best to go in store and play with phones before jumping to a phone not haven seen it in person.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:37 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Well, for starters, the Verizon version of the Touch Pro can't even be compared to the "real" Touch Pro (used by Sprint, AT&T and others) since it's so nerfed.

Omnia is a great choice though. If I was on Verizon, I'd either go with that or a Sprint version Touch Pro. The only thing that sucks about the Omnia is it doesn't have the screen res the TP does.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tweaked21 is a n00b

I use to have a PPC6700 and I've had multiple blackberries. I watched about every review I could find on the Touch Pro before deciding on it. I went to some verizon stores, but all they had there was the plastic display model, which doesn't do me any good. I have to say, the Sprint version does look and sound more appealing than the Verizon version of Touch Pro. The fact that it has a such a small screen kind of defeats the purpose of it being VGA, in my opinion. My brother got the Omnia yesterday and it looks like it may be a better choice for me. I do like the 5.0 megapixel camera that the Omnia has. That will keep me from having to carry my digital camera everywhere I go. I do a lot of hunting and fishing, so I like to take a lot of pictures while I'm out.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaked21 View Post
I use to have a PPC6700 and I've had multiple blackberries. I watched about every review I could find on the Touch Pro before deciding on it. I went to some verizon stores, but all they had there was the plastic display model, which doesn't do me any good. I have to say, the Sprint version does look and sound more appealing than the Verizon version of Touch Pro. The fact that it has a such a small screen kind of defeats the purpose of it being VGA, in my opinion. My brother got the Omnia yesterday and it looks like it may be a better choice for me. I do like the 5.0 megapixel camera that the Omnia has. That will keep me from having to carry my digital camera everywhere I go. I do a lot of hunting and fishing, so I like to take a lot of pictures while I'm out.
Having 5 MP doesn't really mean anything, honestly. At least not enough that you could replace your digital camera with it. The problem is that cameras on phones will never be good enough to compete with SLR's and even digital compacts. The sensor is too small on a camera phone, which doesn't allow enough light to reach it, and the colors will never look that great. These cameras on phones have post processing that sharpens the image and brightens the colors which is why they don't look too terrible, but the photos also don't have that sense of "reality" to them. And.. if you were to take the same shot with your digital cam, you'd notice the difference. Trust me, my Nikon D60 takes photos that by comparison make my TP look like a toy camera for a 5 year old. ;p

Just don't go for the Omnia because of the 5.0 MP camera...
Old 01-13-2009, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tweaked21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Just don't go for the Omnia because of the 5.0 MP camera...
Oh, i'm not. I just don't like the bulkiness of the TP. Maybe if I had the Sprint version I would consider it more. The Verizon version definitely is not what it's made out to be. To me, the Omnia seems more like an iPhone, which I actually kinda like (except for the fact that you can't customize it, and a few other things). I like the basic idea of the iPhone, so I think the Omnia may be a better match for me.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Trust me, my Nikon D60 takes photos that by comparison make my TP look like a toy camera for a 5 year old. ;p
Off-Topic - I agree with you there. But the TP does not do a bad job when you are in a pinch. I just upgraded from the D60 to the D90 at Christmas. Love the new camera have not had time to look at the differences though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweaked21 View Post
Oh, i'm not. I just don't like the bulkiness of the TP. Maybe if I had the Sprint version I would consider it more. The Verizon version definitely is not what it's made out to be. To me, the Omnia seems more like an iPhone, which I actually kinda like (except for the fact that you can't customize it, and a few other things). I like the basic idea of the iPhone, so I think the Omnia may be a better match for me.
Go to a Sprint store and take a look aht the Sprint TP. I thing you will see a big difference between the Verizon and the Sprint versions. They will have the same screen size, but I still think you might be suprised. In the long run, out of all the TP's out there. I think the Sprint version is the best out of all of them.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:49 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

"Sorry, I don't like the Touch Pro..."

Why apologize? If you don't like it return it and move on. We honestly couldn't care less.No need to say sorry for not liking a phone. I think the omnia should be a decent phone for you if you're looking for screen size as instead of resolution. Plus you'll be able to watch widescreen movies on it.

Sorry, I don't care that you don't like the Touch Pro...

Old 01-13-2009, 11:09 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeah no need to be sorry, where is the Omnia forum??lol good luck dude. Quality Vs quantity
Old 01-13-2009, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Yeah no need to be sorry, where is the Omnia forum??lol good luck dude. Quality Vs quantity
lol good luck indeed

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro