PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Updated single cab! Corner Clock working (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52437)

eenieMINI 01-08-2009 10:33 PM

Updated single cab! Corner Clock working

Per request I've cabbed up my setup so its a single install to clean home screen and place flip clock in corner.. I still recommend that you have working background4all and flipclock already installed... as noted below in my original posting... there is a file 1c684cd8_manila that places the clock in the corner.. might work as stand alone for those who do not want background for all but I'm not promising.
Here is link to my cleaned up cab further along into this thread.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=57

I have it working on the Diamond and will try it on the Pro this weekend when I see my guy.... but wanted to share with you guys here since everything is so active. The discussion on XDA was it didn't work with Sprint but it worked straight off the bat for me...
So, running stock rom... I already had background4all and the various fixes to have it running correctly on Sprint
(http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1231430722)

So all I did was turn off tf3d and install this guys (AF241) cab for corner clock, reset phone and turned tf3d back on.. I had my previous flip clock up in the corner like this..
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3..._0004_111g.jpg

Here is a link to the cab and discussion on xda
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...84#post3132884

cabul 01-09-2009 08:47 AM

Re: Corner Clock working

All we need now is to move the rest of the stuff up a bit so we can see more calendar items! That is my only complaint about TF3D.

henbone11 01-09-2009 09:35 AM

When I installed it on my Sprint Touch Pro I could see the clock in the corner, but there were no numbers in it. lol Not very useful that way.

jmorton10 01-09-2009 10:33 AM

I love how people constantly change things.

If somebody installed a theme & the clock put itself up in the corner like that, we would have the next three pages of questions/answers about "how do I center the clock in this theme??" ;-) ;-)

~John

eenieMINI 01-09-2009 06:01 PM

That's weird, so you see the flips but no numbers? did you try another clock?? I was going to set this up on the pro tomorrow but now he's gotta work so it won't be til Sunday before I can steal it and try the cab out.

yeah would that it gave us options of more items in the calendar display that would be great... but still saves the 'scene' on busy backgrounds.

@john.. haha! that is so true huh!

jo1020 01-09-2009 06:16 PM

Where do i get this font?
Thanks,
Jo

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3..._0004_111g.jpg

cuban4lf 01-09-2009 09:05 PM

yeah i couldnt get this to work, or background on all pages for that matter. oh well ill survive

cuban4lf 01-09-2009 09:06 PM

eenieemini how did u change the start to brenn on top left hand corner ??

eenieMINI 01-09-2009 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Start text instructions in the Custom taskbar thread. I had someone make mine up as a return favor.. :)

Background4all can be tricky.. try this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1231430722 and follow step by step with soft resets inbetween... then do the corner cab.
Note: I haven't tried the corner clock on our Pro yet as I can't get to it til the weekend. but we have background 4 all working.

Font is called handonly3d from xda Diamond site... Here is the cab install. this leave system fonts the same. I use Konstructor clock to match the font.

eenieMINI 01-11-2009 10:44 PM

Guys, I have to say it DOES work on the Pro.. Just use the background4all set up as usual including the nisse fixes. If you have it running fine THEN this cab for the clock in the corner works.. Here is our Pro... also edited the file to leave the date but remove the calendar/callhistory so its clean!
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...e/HTC/WPM4.jpg

m1dwestrep 01-15-2009 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 633904)
Guys, I have to say it DOES work on the Pro.. Just use the background4all set up as usual including the nisse fixes. If you have it running fine THEN this cab for the clock in the corner works.. Here is our Pro... also edited the file to leave the date but remove the calendar/callhistory so its clean!
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k3...e/HTC/WPM4.jpg

So this should just take whatever clock you have now and put it in the corner right? And how did you remove the call history and calendar?

eenieMINI 01-15-2009 06:39 PM

Yes, that is correct. You must however already have wallpaper for all pages working on your phone as this cab is for non sprint phones... there is a separate installment process to get wallpaper working then do the corner clock. To remove the call history and calendar there is another cab out there for "clock only home page" I am not at home right now or I'd upload it but I'm sure its here or if not at XDA

henbone11 01-15-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 629981)
That's weird, so you see the flips but no numbers? did you try another clock?? I was going to set this up on the pro tomorrow but now he's gotta work so it won't be til Sunday before I can steal it and try the cab out.

Yeah. I could see the solid white flips but there were no numbers in them. Its no biggie, I actually really like the clock I have, location isnt that important. Just wanted to try this corner clock to be cool like everyone else. lol

m1dwestrep 01-15-2009 11:29 PM

Thank you eenieMINI for the info. I installed the corner clock with no probs. then i installed that "clock only home page" and it worked basically. only thing is for sum reason it still showed the alarm time in the middle of the screen and i dont have the date under my time in the corner like it is on the screens you showed.

eenieMINI 01-16-2009 02:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I re-edited the file to show the date, the original author took everything out. I made up a cab that gets rid of the icons if your clock puts them back and addes the date. Here you go. Install it after you change clocks and/or to get the date back on the phone. It also will show missed calls and voicemails if there are any... if the alerts are cleared the screen goes clear again.

m1dwestrep 01-16-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 644028)
I re-edited the file to show the date, the original author took everything out. I made up a cab that gets rid of the icons if your clock puts them back and addes the date. Here you go. Install it after you change clocks and/or to get the date back on the phone. It also will show missed calls and voicemails if there are any... if the alerts are cleared the screen goes clear again.

nice, thank you very much

m1dwestrep 01-16-2009 02:35 AM

Installed and its very nice. is there any way to keep the phone and programs buttons on the bottum still?

VTEC4ME 01-16-2009 04:25 AM

be careful when you remove this cab.
it will change your banner on the top right to say "touch diamond" and the stock sprint clock was all distorted.
Of course i fixed it by reinstalling by original cabs after (sprintflip, munbackground, and glassclock)
just giving a heads up

LoungeLizard 01-16-2009 10:28 AM

I got the corner clock working, but I can't seem to get the rest of the screen clear by using the above .cab. It leaves the dividing lines that are undder Call Log and Calendar. Also, the noback cab doesn't seem to be working for me, I still have the clear background behing the flipclock numbers. Any Ideas?

eenieMINI 01-16-2009 04:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by m1dwestrep
Installed and its very nice. is there any way to keep the phone and programs buttons on the bottum still?

Those buttons should not be affected by the corner clock nor the clear home clock.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VTEC4ME
be careful when you remove this cab.
it will change your banner on the top right to say "touch diamond" and the stock sprint clock was all distorted.
Of course i fixed it by reinstalling by original cabs after (sprintflip, munbackground, and glassclock)
just giving a heads up

This seems to be true of most stacked manila mods... usually if you've changed your mind you have to go back and reset the original mods how you had them. Alternately you can revert straight ack to stock manila by using TF3DConfig and in the theme area chose to revert or search windows directory on your phone for all _manila files and delete then reset phohe and they'll rewrite to stock.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoungeLizard (Post 644399)
I got the corner clock working, but I can't seem to get the rest of the screen clear by using the above .cab. It leaves the dividing lines that are undder Call Log and Calendar. Also, the noback cab doesn't seem to be working for me, I still have the clear background behing the flipclock numbers. Any Ideas?

I like the flips so I left them in my cab. Using the noback flip clock cab I had to use it several time to get rid of the flips. You can however use the original clear home screen cab without my cab to remove all parts of the clock but the numbers. My cab is edited to replace the clock files LESS the 1bb file which is the icons for calendar/alarm/calls and the back most portion of the flips. And to replace the date. I'll attach the other two files, corner clock and clean home.. you can mess with those til it looks right to you. And check out the link in the post above for hte clean home the author explains what/how to edit that file to remove what you want. His cab has other files besides the xml manila file.

m1dwestrep 01-16-2009 05:42 PM

[quote=eenieMINI;645312]Those buttons should not be affected by the corner clock nor the clear home clock.

for some reason mine disapeared (the phone and programs buttons at the bottom). ill try playing with this stuff some more. thanx again for all the help. im deff luving the transparent call history and calendar buttons. and i like yours keeping the date and carrier name at the top better then the other.

eenieMINI 01-16-2009 09:02 PM

Glad it works. Could you post a screen shot of your missing buttons? I'm curious!

m1dwestrep 01-16-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 645861)
Glad it works. Could you post a screen shot of your missing buttons? I'm curious!

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/p...0114-CLEAR.png see what I mean? ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the phone and programs never show up.

eenieMINI 01-16-2009 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK I read through the file edits and found where I can put them in for you. I had other links in those areas so my screen wasn't affected by the edit. Here is a cab with the date and the phone/programs back in!

BTW you're screen looks Smart!!

m1dwestrep 01-17-2009 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 645965)
OK I read through the file edits and found where I can put them in for you. I had other links in those areas so my screen wasn't affected by the edit. Here is a cab with the date and the phone/programs back in!

BTW you're screen looks Smart!!

Thank you. Heres my recent screen. and this new .cab did the trick. really appreciate it.
http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/p...4-011609-3.png

eenieMINI 01-17-2009 02:27 AM

Great. I'm glad it worked. I hadn't realized the original cab took those buttons away since I had my re-mapped. It's fun to change things up isn't it?!

m1dwestrep 01-17-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 646491)
Great. I'm glad it worked. I hadn't realized the original cab took those buttons away since I had my re-mapped. It's fun to change things up isn't it?!

yeah im addicted to changing this thing up now, lol.

WarChild 01-17-2009 03:10 AM

Attachment 21198

Thanks!

igotgame 01-19-2009 01:58 AM

Guys is there anyway to make it so that if I change from the flip clock to the normal clock (by just sliding my finger up on the screen) that the normal clock will stay in the upper left hand corner?? Right now if I slide my finger and change from flip clock to normal clock the normal clock goes back to the center of the screen.

eenieMINI 01-19-2009 02:13 AM

yeah, not that I know of... I'm sure this setting lies with a mode9 file that I am too chicken to jump into. If anything look up james lubbad on xda... he is the guy who worked out the settings to remove text on home screen, he might know about the flipped up clock.

igotgame 01-20-2009 01:03 PM

eenieMINI

How can I change my flip clock style after changing it to the corner clock??

I want the numbers to be black and not blue on my corner clock (the blue is Alltel's default color that I haven't used in forever):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3/Screen22.png

eenieMINI 01-20-2009 10:22 PM

1. I'd LOVE to have that blue clock I woner if its cabbed up anywhere..

2. all you need to to is install any flip style clock, it will over write that one. Thing is many of the clocks put the icons for calendar and phone back on the screen, the original cab removes that.. so what you want to install after you choose a clock is reinstall the clock only cab.

WarChild 01-21-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotgame (Post 653728)
eenieMINI

How can I change my flip clock style after changing it to the corner clock??

I want the numbers to be black and not blue on my corner clock (the blue is Alltel's default color that I haven't used in forever):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...3/Screen22.png

install the clock you want to have then re-install the corner clock cab.

Bradleyj44 02-10-2009 02:01 PM

This is great thank you guys so much!

SWA69 02-20-2009 08:34 PM

How come the numbers say 0:00? Any help?

eenieMINI 02-20-2009 10:21 PM

Reinstall your clock

mikenerd 03-02-2009 11:38 PM

So, after much searching, I cannot find the corner clock cab without the "4alltabs". I found the manilla file on XDA but I put it into windows and nothing happens...

Does anyone have the corner only clock in a cab?

Many thanks!

eenieMINI 03-03-2009 02:10 PM

Mike, can you attach the file here and I'll cab it for you so maybe it will work? Or point me to the link? sometimes the method you use to copy the file doesn't take.. be sure if you're copying a manila file you turn off tf3d and use resco explorer or total commander to copy the file to windows folder. if you aren't prompted to overwrite then its not going to work... then always soft reset then re enable tf3d. Thats why cabbing is so much eaiser.. so anyway.. try that method if you haven't otherwise post here and I'll cab it then try that.. if that doesn't work we'll look further!

shaun0207 03-03-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eenieMINI (Post 750897)
Mike, can you attach the file here and I'll cab it for you so maybe it will work? Or point me to the link? sometimes the method you use to copy the file doesn't take.. be sure if you're copying a manila file you turn off tf3d and use resco explorer or total commander to copy the file to windows folder. if you aren't prompted to overwrite then its not going to work... then always soft reset then re enable tf3d. Thats why cabbing is so much eaiser.. so anyway.. try that method if you haven't otherwise post here and I'll cab it then try that.. if that doesn't work we'll look further!

+ 1 on this

ACoolGuy 03-03-2009 06:01 PM

I can do small mode9 edits for the home screen to re-arrange or reword most anything. Here is my homescreen...Let me know if yall need anything.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...X/Screen01.jpg