PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Device can go faster - message (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51006)

mmtbb 12-29-2008 04:53 PM

Device can go faster - message

Have any of you come across this? When I connect my TP to my computer, an message pops up saying that my USB 2.0 device could go faster if I connect to a HI-SPEED port.

The problem is, all ports on my desktop ARE 2.0 HI-SPEED. I have reconnected in ever port only to get the same message.

I also have 2.0 compliant usb cord. Basically everything is 2.0 usb

jmorton10 12-29-2008 04:57 PM

Re: Device can go faster - message

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmtbb (Post 606574)
Have any of you come across this? When I connect my TP to my computer, an message pops up saying that my USB 2.0 device could go faster if I connect to a HI-SPEED port.

The problem is, all ports on my desktop ARE 2.0 HI-SPEED. I have reconnected in ever port only to get the same message.

funny you would say that, I just got that message today (never seen it before)

~John

MadlyAlive 12-29-2008 04:58 PM

Try restarting your PC.

See if there are any chipset and/or USB host adapter driver updates.

Success100 12-29-2008 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmorton10 (Post 606578)
funny you would say that, I just got that message today (never seen it before)

~John

i used to get it all the time when i had my curve...never got it with my diamond though...and same thing, all of my usb ports are 2.0, so i wonder about this....

mmtbb 12-29-2008 05:04 PM

I have restarted my pc many times.

It continues by having me click to see available ports that are hi speed. It then indicates that ALL my ports are hi speed. What the flip?!!?!

dcperdue 12-29-2008 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmtbb (Post 606574)

Plug it into a diff port if that dont work try a diff cable. Also make sure your cord isnt running over any other cords. This happens for not just your phone but many devices like cameras, mice, removable storage get this error sometimes and its the result of interfeerence on the cable itself. USB 2.0 is verry picky.

mmtbb 12-29-2008 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcperdue (Post 606603)
Plug it into a diff port if that dont work try a diff cable. Also make sure your cord isnt running over any other cords. This happens for not just your phone but many devices like cameras, mice, removable storage get this error sometimes and its the result of interfeerence on the cable itself. USB 2.0 is verry picky.

Like I mentioned in the quote you just quoted from me: "...I have reconnected in ever port only to get the same message."

I have tried all ports.

rushco 12-29-2008 05:15 PM

I just ignored it. Are you transferring any large files? If not then don't worry about it.

nxtech3 12-29-2008 05:15 PM

how about trying it on a different computer?

mmtbb 12-29-2008 05:16 PM

I do transfer large files,and they seem to take a long time