\"PPCGeeks\"

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [Was] TP no longer backordered! In stock now... [Now] Out of stock again :( (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50122)

chronster 12-22-2008 03:12 PM

Re: TP no longer backordered! In stock now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by land2634 (Post 593451)
I guess another example of different stories from different reps. I have actually had to use the 30 days recently on my wife's Diamond.

"If you are an existing customer and you are not satisfied with your upgraded device or your new service offer, you can contact Sprint within 30 days of your new contract or activation of your new device, whichever came first, to be restored to your previous contract"

That's from Sprint's Website. Guess it depends on whether you sign a contract or not.

Oh those MOTHER ****ERS!

They were only telling me that bs with the Instinct to keep me as a customer. As far as why they would tell me the same thing with the tp, i dunno. Typical Sprint slimeball bs.

I hate how Sprint has turned into this sleezy company, doing anything to keep customers including lie and cheat (maybe kill? perhaps we'll never know)

ScrapMaker 12-22-2008 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 593327)
Well it's always available for ordering online. Sprint has no problem taking your money. Does it say something like "This item is in stock" or "This item usually ships 1-2 business days"?

When I ordered mine, I bought it on november 4th, but it didn't get to me until the 11th. The evaluation period still starts on the 4th though, so keep that in mind. They say you have 30 days to test the phone, but thats only if you buy it in the store. The 30 days start on the date of purchase not activation, so if it's stuck in shipping or back ordered, each day its like that is one day less you get to test it.

It's pretty misleading really, and the only reason I'm still with Sprint. I got an instinct, it took over 2 weeks to get to me, had it for about 3 weeks, tried to send the piece of junk back, and woops, Sprint said I was locked in.

Yeah they lied to you. It's 30-days from the activation date.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 593353)
I got the email this morning as well...

I don't think it was always available for order online, which was shocking when i checked (tried to order for a family member multiple times). It showed up in their phone list, but just said "back-ordered" and didn't have an add to cart button (also had an email sign up to let you know when it's available again).

@Scrapmaker, are you gonna take another test run? lol

Not 'til get confirmation that the radio/heat/battery issues have been solved. So probably not ever ;) -- I think it's either the Omnia, X1a, or Treo Pro, for me...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 593277)
Thank you for your sarcasm. Considering YOUR replies, I think my response was fair.

Maybe somebody can answer me this: Why on a phone like the RAZR or even my old piece of junk Instinct, would the radio NOT get hot? Is it cheap hardware or bad programming? Perhaps at this point it would be opinion as to which is the culprit, but if it's bad hardware then do you guys really think HTC would swap out such an important piece for another? I hoping its just really bad programming that can be updated.

HTC dropped the ball--that's why. None of my dumbphones got this hot, and not even my Touch gets that hot. They probably sourced the radios from whoever gave them the best deal--like any company would. Sounds like they got hosed on these CDMA radios/chips/software, and they have no solution.

Quote:

Originally Posted by land2634 (Post 593345)
My 30 days have never started until the day the device was activated. Could be wrong, but I was pretty sure this is the case.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 593365)
I actually confirmed it with the touch pro. I went into a sprint store and asked them when I had to bring the phone back, and he said the 4th. Then I called Sprint and they also said the 4th. I did this just a few days after getting the phone just to make sure.

Unless you've had to actually deal with them and their "30 day evaluation" it's not something you'd pick up on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by land2634 (Post 593451)
I guess another example of different stories from different reps. I have actually had to use the 30 days recently on my wife's Diamond.

"If you are an existing customer and you are not satisfied with your upgraded device or your new service offer, you can contact Sprint within 30 days of your new contract or activation of your new device, whichever came first, to be restored to your previous contract"

That's from Sprint's Website. Guess it depends on whether you sign a contract or not.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 593469)
Oh those MOTHER ****ERS!

They were only telling me that bs with the Instinct to keep me as a customer. As far as why they would tell me the same thing with the tp, i dunno. Typical Sprint slimeball bs.

I hate how Sprint has turned into this sleezy company, doing anything to keep customers including lie and cheat (maybe kill? perhaps we'll never know)

+1 but all the companies pull crap like that. You don't realize it until you try eating a bit of that "greener" grass, realizing it was only spray-painted green.

Just food for thought.

hibby50 12-22-2008 04:56 PM

holla back! WOO WOO

ScrapMaker 12-22-2008 05:28 PM

Whoa, someone posted they have a 12/10 mfr date in the build-date thread!

HTCFord 12-22-2008 05:45 PM

I got my replacement today. Brought it into sprint on 12/11. I asked for the battery cover on the one I was turning in and they gave it to me!

Nice...going to get some RID Black

Glitch4583 12-22-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCFord (Post 593729)
I got my replacement today. Brought it into sprint on 12/11. I asked for the battery cover on the one I was turning in and they gave it to me!

Nice...going to get some RID Black

Let us know if it has any heat issues. I had to go back to my 6800 and I'm starting to get a little switchy with having so little RAM....or it could be all the espresso...

- Glitch

ScrapMaker 12-22-2008 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glitch4583 (Post 593754)
Let us know if it has any heat issues. I had to go back to my 6800 and I'm starting to get a little switchy with having so little RAM....or it could be all the espresso...

- Glitch

I know what you mean. My Touch feels like molasses. I have TF2D running on it with a bunch of custom stuff, but still...

LeoKnightas 12-22-2008 07:17 PM

I was emailed tracking number from Sprint today. I checked, and my fourth TP is due to arrive tomorrow. I'll repost then.

ScrapMaker 12-22-2008 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 593939)
I was emailed tracking number from Sprint today. I checked, and my fourth TP is due to arrive tomorrow. I'll repost then.

Your fourth, eh? You better conform, and like the phone--no matter what, or be prepared for the villagers and their torches.

LeoKnightas 12-22-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker (Post 593966)
Your fourth, eh? You better conform, and like the phone--no matter what, or be prepared for the villagers and their torches.

LMAO!

exces6 12-22-2008 07:59 PM

It's out of stock again online and all the Sprint stores in my area are saying mid to end of January before they have them again.

epsilon 12-22-2008 08:06 PM

blah tel sales told me around feb before they would have it..... I dont see why they cant start some kind of back order list. as it stands i'm calling them every morning at 10 to see if they have any in, and each morning i get the dam blackberry pushed on me.

chronster 12-22-2008 09:31 PM

Wow. In stock for a single day. That's wild. Maybe HTC just isnt giving enough to Sprint.

wowitsjashon 12-22-2008 09:47 PM

probably febuary marchish

Baffles 12-22-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 593939)

Frick, I had a backorder in for my third, and I didn't get a tracking # yet.

LeoKnightas 12-22-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baffles (Post 594409)
Frick, I had a backorder in for my third, and I didn't get a tracking # yet.

Mine had been back ordered since Nov 4th

Baffles 12-22-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 594415)
Mine had been back ordered since Nov 4th

Well this most recent replacement was only on backorder for about a week. Weird.

Exil3d 12-22-2008 11:26 PM

WOW! Out of Stock again!

gissentml 12-22-2008 11:49 PM

lol that was fast. This phone sells fast. I dont care..even with the problems. this is the hottest phone on the market. the storm and bold dont have anything on us.

snovvman 12-23-2008 02:18 AM

Re: [Was] TP no longer backordered! In stock now... [Now] Out of stock again :(

Placed the order this morning, just got the overnight tracking number. I should have it tomorrow.

exces6 12-23-2008 03:09 AM

I talked to a Sprint store rep today, and he said he could drop ship me one and I'd have it in a few days. Does anyone know if I could get one in this way or if they use the same system as the online orders?

Thanks!

bodhijames 12-23-2008 10:59 AM

Just got a big lump of coal in my Christmas stocking:

The HTC Touch Pro will not be available until January 11, 2009. I just found out yesterday on this inventory report.

This is from our regional sales mgr.

LeoKnightas 12-23-2008 11:07 AM

Got an early Christmas present this morning. And it's snowing!..lol Check the build date.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3206/...4f6fd0f1_o.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3285/...a45a448a_o.jpg

SprintTouch08 12-23-2008 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gissentml (Post 594683)
lol that was fast. This phone sells fast. I dont care..even with the problems. this is the hottest phone on the market. the storm and bold dont have anything on us.

i still think thats an illogical conclusion. We dont know if they got in 100 or 1000, so saying theyre selling fast because theyre out again really means nothing without more information. Theres a huge difference if they sold out a stock of 100 or 5000, plus what number of those were used for swaps or people with issues with their first ones.

Honestly, id venture to guess with certainty that phones like the storm have still sold many many more units.

chronster 12-23-2008 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 595396)
Got an early Christmas present this morning. Check the build date.

looks like a new rom version. Mine is build date 9/12/08 with a rom version of 1.03.65.3 (yours is .4 at the end)

LeoKnightas 12-23-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 595416)
looks like a new rom version. Mine is build date 9/12/08 with a rom version of 1.03.65.3 (yours is .4 at the end)

I wonder what's the difference, I'll do some testing an repost.

chronster 12-23-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 595422)

does the kb still turn off after 7 seconds?

chappy 12-23-2008 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoKnightas (Post 595422)

I'll save you the trouble. The newer rom fixes the over the air activation issues. It's the same otherwise.

MadManX 12-23-2008 11:46 AM

Well I called in a cpl times yesterday (once only minutes after this thread started) and nothing. Mine is for a replacement within my 30 days (which was past weeks ago).

One rep said "no expected date" and another said "January 18th". I have 2 TPs and having one that works great and one that is a POS is really pissing me off. I requested a replacement mid November and keep getting told to "call back latter". After a 90+ minute call every time. Funny thing is, the phone has over heated and killed the battery twice while calling in about it. And to think, the rep calls the same number back and leave me a VM to call CS back to tell me to call back latter because they are out of stock.

-MadManX

LeoKnightas 12-23-2008 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 595465)
does the kb still turn off after 7 seconds?

No, it's still 7 sec.

LeoKnightas 12-23-2008 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 595470)
I'll save you the trouble. The newer rom fixes the over the air activation issues. It's the same otherwise.

Thx. When I saw it was the same Radio I was kinda dissapointed, that's what I really wanted updated.

ScrapMaker 12-23-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gissentml (Post 594683)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 595410)
i still think thats an illogical conclusion. We dont know if they got in 100 or 1000, so saying theyre selling fast because theyre out again really means nothing without more information. Theres a huge difference if they sold out a stock of 100 or 5000, plus what number of those were used for swaps or people with issues with their first ones.

Honestly, id venture to guess with certainty that phones like the storm have still sold many many more units.

+1

The Pro is no where near a top-seller ;) It has VERRRYY LIMMMITTEDD supplies... probably from a low-yield during manufacturing... with the problems we are seeing here, imagine what the QC department must be seeing as "bad."

chronster 12-23-2008 12:21 PM

I also saw his PRL was different than mine. What does that mean? (sorry for being nub)

platin465 12-23-2008 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 595553)
I also saw his PRL was different than mine. What does that mean? (sorry for being nub)

It shouldn't matter that yours is different. I always thought it mattered for all calls, but supposedly it's only for when you're roaming. Here's what I've read recently:

Definition from Phonenews.com:

The PRL is called the Preferred Roaming List. It is a file in your phone that has a list of all roaming providers Sprint works with. When a phone cannot find a Sprint signal, it checks the PRL for the first available provider.

Keeping the PRL up-to-date is not critical. However, savvy users chose to update their PRLs because it provides for faster roaming signal acquisition, improved international roaming, and, on EV-DO devices, better acquisition of EV-DO data services. To update your PRL, contact data support, or call customer service and ask to be transferred there. Customer service is generally not informed on PRL updates, and may not be able to assist you directly.

Additional info here:

http://www.theroamingzone.com/prl/prl_faq.shtml

chappy 12-23-2008 01:02 PM

The PRL can cause problems if a major tower update or something happens. If your device has a PRL of 60608, it won't find EVDO towers anymore. I see 700w's all the time stuck in 1x, on 60608.

SprintTouch08 12-23-2008 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker (Post 595523)
The Pro is no where near a top-seller ;) It has VERRRYY LIMMMITTEDD supplies... probably from a low-yield during manufacturing... with the problems we are seeing here, imagine what the QC department must be seeing as "bad."

agreed it must be a nightmare the ones they ARE pulling off as "bad" for the number were seeing returned. Id guess they are having some manufacturing issues that are causing short supply as they can slowly start rolling them out again. I have major doubts HTC simply isnt producing enough compared to the demand this far after its launch. HTC has never been one to have major shortages in production this far after a launch, and no other carriers are seeing this type of backlog. My best guess is they too see the issues on the sprint model and are correcting it.

I think people simply have a narrow mindset from a forum as to overall demand by the public. WM isnt a high demand platform to the general consumer in the US on its own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by platin465 (Post 595585)
It shouldn't matter that yours is different. I always thought it mattered for all calls, but supposedly it's only for when you're roaming. Here's what I've read recently:

Definition from Phonenews.com:

The PRL is called the Preferred Roaming List. It is a file in your phone that has a list of all roaming providers Sprint works with. When a phone cannot find a Sprint signal, it checks the PRL for the first available provider.

Keeping the PRL up-to-date is not critical. However, savvy users chose to update their PRLs because it provides for faster roaming signal acquisition, improved international roaming, and, on EV-DO devices, better acquisition of EV-DO data services. To update your PRL, contact data support, or call customer service and ask to be transferred there. Customer service is generally not informed on PRL updates, and may not be able to assist you directly.

Additional info here:

http://www.theroamingzone.com/prl/prl_faq.shtml

As its been said, PRL really is more important if you travel but much less if you stay in your home area. you may see one small change a year if that to your home area, but if you travel it can effect what towers are picked up and for data roaming in certain areas. I always keep mine up to date just because, but its far less important than people make it out to be. It cant hurt to keep it up to date though, but dont fret if you dont have the newest file you likely wont see any change in your service

wowitsjashon 12-23-2008 02:31 PM

all the people who have had 3 and 4 bad TPs those were supposed to be for other customers but htc built them bad :-( supply and demand? ehhhh

BJatSprint 12-23-2008 06:24 PM

Hey snovvman, my name is BJ DeHut and I am a representative for Sprint. Thank you very much for spreading the news that the Touch Pro is available again! Happy holidays!

chronster 12-24-2008 10:49 AM

I've seen people get replacement touch pro's for pretty stupid things. Like there's a gap between the keyboard and screen? Give me a break. It's the major things that concern me, not some anal retentive OCD case who keeps sending back his phone hoping for a "perfect" one. Saying that people have had to send it back multiple times doesn't really mean anything other than people can be very anal. I'm on my first one (thankfully I got lucky i guess?) and it's got wiggle in the screen, a gap between the keyboard, and occasionally it locks up or the screen doesn't turn on, but you dont see me runnin for the sprint store.

bboyneko 12-24-2008 12:55 PM

I am really interested in buying the phone but its gone everywhere. Sprint store here in DC is sold out with no word on when more are coming in.