PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Email blocking photos? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49989)

jeremy3721 12-21-2008 12:16 AM

Email blocking photos?

Hopefully there is a simple solution to this I just can't find. Is there a setting or a way to have the email app in a windows mobile phone automatically download images in an email. I hate the way it blocks them and you have to click the tiny link at the top of the email (twice) and then you have to wait for images to download.

Success100 12-21-2008 12:22 PM

Re: Email blocking photos?

no way as of yet(i dont think). i think we all hate this crap

InvincibleLiving 12-21-2008 12:48 PM

i've been lobbying for someone to look into this since i got my hands on winmo 6... if something this seemingly simple hasnt been hacked yet... maybe it's not so simple?

[sammich] 12-21-2008 12:51 PM

I would be pretty pumped if someone made it DL the pictures... I don't like to have to wait!

InvincibleLiving 12-21-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saumaun (Post 591450)
I would be pretty pumped if someone made it DL the pictures... I don't like to have to wait!

I swear there must be some sort of reg edit or something to tweak this...i just woulnd know where to look for it.

jeremy3721 12-21-2008 01:20 PM

Well on one hand I don't feel as bad that I was just ignorant. On the other this is irritating. This is one of the biggest gripes I have on the Touch Pro compared to the iPhone I was using. Most emails have photos now and it should be my choice if I want them downloaded or not.

[sammich] 12-21-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy3721 (Post 591493)
Well on one hand I don't feel as bad that I was just ignorant. On the other this is irritating. This is one of the biggest gripes I have on the Touch Pro compared to the iPhone I was using. Most emails have photos now and it should be my choice if I want them downloaded or not.

It's not just he Touch Pro, though. It's a Windows Mobile thing.

InvincibleLiving 12-21-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremy3721 (Post 591493)

yeah it's a minor annoyance... you kinda get used to it but naturally would want the option to enable or disable this 'feature' lol

btw what part of cent florida ya in, i used to live in cocoa.

ramiss 12-21-2008 03:34 PM

I also used to find this very frustrating. However, I have since been turned around because of how spammers use images:

Spammers use an image server that will report who has viewed the images. Basically when you download/view images in spam the spammer gets a report that your email address is legit.

Outlook for the PC will allow you to then set trusted senders to automatically view images. It is not fool proof since an address can be spoofed but it is a good compromise.

InvincibleLiving 12-21-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramiss (Post 591689)
I also used to find this very frustrating. However, I have since been turned around because of how spammers use images:

Spammers use an image server that will report who has viewed the images. Basically when you download/view images in spam the spammer gets a report that your email address is legit.

Outlook for the PC will allow you to then set trusted senders to automatically view images. It is not fool proof since an address can be spoofed but it is a good compromise.

yeah i agree with you and do realize the purpose for them setting it up this way.... and truth be told i just want the option to change that setting... what can i say it's just the hacker in me!:evil4: