PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Display a Caller's STATE based on Area code? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49951)

stevedusa 12-22-2008 08:19 PM

Re: Display a Caller's STATE based on Area code?

Well I disabled the HTC dialer by going HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin and change the Enabled to "0", did a soft reset but now I noticed some issue... My data activities is ALWAYS active (both arrows are bright to indicated data activity).

I remember someone said that certain dialer has this problem, which I've seen on my Mogul using some other dialer, but I never expected the stock dialer would do this.

Well guess I'm going back to the HTC dialer, however I like the speed of stock dialer (no incoming delay and such.)

Hovthagawd 12-22-2008 09:27 PM

Yeah I noticed that I always had a data connection as well but I disabled active data connections via comm manager and it seemed to remedy the issue. I must admit though I love the lack of delay with incoming calls though.

stevedusa 12-22-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hovthagawd (Post 594344)
Yeah I noticed that I always had a data connection as well but I disabled active data connections via comm manager and it seemed to remedy the issue. I must admit though I love the lack of delay with incoming calls though.

Wish I could do that, but I have PUSH with Exchange...

Hovthagawd 12-24-2008 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevedusa (Post 594552)
Wish I could do that, but I have PUSH with Exchange...

Point taken. Well back to original question anybody find a way to get the the area code to show?

gissentml 12-24-2008 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gator352 (Post 590384)
It will show the state if it's an unknown number (not in your contacts list) and will show it either incomming or outgoing. My TP, sanyo 8400 and sanyo 2300 all do this. When I had my surgery and was calling aflac numerous times about my pay, it came up as a Georgia call everytime. As soon as I added that # to my contacts, the georgia id quit.

AFLAC!! They pay out claims faster than you can get out the hospital

auto_exec 12-24-2008 12:57 PM

On a somewhat related note, looks like the area codes are stored in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE\AreaCode]

Also, found this value (not sure what it does, but maybe someone with HTC dialer disabled (who still isn't seeing the state code) can set this to "0" and see if that helps? Just guessing based on the value name, though the "InitProv" part of the key name makes it sound unrelated:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\InitProv]
"DisableAreaCodeAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

Marine Vet 0305 12-24-2008 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceszHigh (Post 590350)
My Touch used to do this...I don't see it on my pro. Any idea how to enable this? I'm talking about when I receive/make a call, it would show the State (based on area code) underneath the number...

hey guys i'm new to the site i'm pretty nifty with electronics, but i would like if anyone could guide me where i can find/ do some of these tweak to my CDMA TP, for instance where, how to find registry?

hypeo 12-24-2008 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marine Vet 0305 (Post 598417)
hey guys i'm new to the site i'm pretty nifty with electronics, but i would like if anyone could guide me where i can find/ do some of these tweak to my CDMA TP, for instance where, how to find registry?

Marine Vet, Start here!!!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42730

blazinazn 12-24-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auto_exec (Post 598365)
On a somewhat related note, looks like the area codes are stored in the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\PHONE\AreaCode]

Also, found this value (not sure what it does, but maybe someone with HTC dialer disabled (who still isn't seeing the state code) can set this to "0" and see if that helps? Just guessing based on the value name, though the "InitProv" part of the key name makes it sound unrelated:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\InitProv]
"DisableAreaCodeAutoUpdate"=dword:00000001

Anyone try this to see if it works?

hypeo 12-24-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blazinazn (Post 598459)
Anyone try this to see if it works?

I just played with those settings and its a NO GO..