PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

DSGamer is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I pull my phone off the charger after a whole night and have it be at 94%?

I'm confused. Is this just a bad battery reading or is it really not fully charged after 8 hours?
Old 12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How can I pull my phone off the charger after a whole night and have it be at 94%

Bad reading... till we get new drivers.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: How can I pull my phone off the charger after a whole night and have it be at 94%

bad idea to have TP on the charger all night plus you may have a bad battery reading prog...my experience.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

having it on the charger wont hurt.

its the 1% battery driver its not accurate, youre not losing any battery life so dont worry too much. Its just reporting the % inaccurately, usually above 90%
Old 12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

DSGamer is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
bad idea to have TP on the charger all night plus you may have a bad battery reading prog...my experience.
"Bad idea to have TP on the charger all night"?

Should I set an alarm and wake up in the middle of the night to check and see if it's charged? I don't mind charging once a day, but having to baby my phone that much is ridiculous. I hope you're wrong.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:33 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Dude my TP looses 10% of battery overnight!!!!!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Li-ion batteries can be left on the charger it is best not to let them die completely..in a nutshell

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 12-12-2008, 01:46 PM
DaFlowMaster

You are right success, dont let them die, bail them out..lol for real I had eXcellent battery with the Mogul and almost zero issues except for lack of RAM. I for one wont plug my TP all night, that is all ,I do not have the need. We all do what we gotta do.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

It could be that the battery/TP is getting too hot while charging. When that happens, the protection circuit shuts off the charging function. Many times, even after cooling, the charging does not resume until after you unplug and then plug the charger back in. So, your charging cycle might not have finished which is why you are showing less than full charge. My first TP was so bad in this regard I had to exchange it which pretty much solved the problem. However, when streaming or some other high demand application, it is nearly impossible to charge the battery because the heat causes the charger to shut off. Better have a bunch of batteries around.......
Old 12-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGamer View Post
I'm confused. Is this just a bad battery reading or is it really not fully charged after 8 hours?
As other have stated above, either your meter program is wrong, or you have to have the phone completely off before charging. Turning the phone back on would then use some of that 100%...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro