PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   HTC issues Touch Pro security update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47697)

robbzbusa 12-04-2008 02:09 PM

Re: HTC issues Touch Pro security update

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 559494)
Like someone else just said... if it's an exe file you probably have to run it on your PC while connected via AS.

tsp

thats how i did it..anyone else have this prob?

micro254 12-04-2008 02:10 PM

thanks for the update bd

BigDiesel07 12-04-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 559456)
I saw this earlier today and didn't think much of it. Is this something everyone should do?

Yeah.. If you use WAP you probably should..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hypeo (Post 559467)
is this for a GSM phone or a European phone? I can't find it on HTC US under Sprint upgrades!!

I believe this is a universal fix for all HTC Touch Pro's..

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleaf14 (Post 559505)
I thought the HTC instructions said to put the .exe file onto your phone and then execute it from the phone.

That being said, I transferred the file to my phone, but I haven't installed it yet...kind of waiting on some others to do it to see if it makes things better or not!! I got my TP working pretty sweet now and I'm hesitant to do anything to it that might screw it up!

I don't think this will screw anything up.. But it's always good to wait for others to test it out.. Nothing wrong with that..

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsperez (Post 559494)
Like someone else just said... if it's an exe file you probably have to run it on your PC while connected via AS.

tsp

Yeah.. Here are the instructions from HTC...

Quote:

Follow the instructions below to download and install the hot fix on your device:
  1. Make sure you have Microsoft ActiveSync® installed on your Windows XP PC or Windows Mobile Device Center on your Windows Vista® PC. You can find Microsoft ActiveSync from this link or Windows Mobile Device Center from this link.
  2. Connect and synchronize your device with your PC via Microsoft ActiveSync® or Windows Mobile Device Center using the USB cable.
  3. To download the hot fix, first select the check box below. Next, select the hot fix and the desired FTP site then click Download.
  4. Copy the hot fix, which is an .exe file, to your device.
To install the hot fix, tap the .exe file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Quote:

Originally Posted by micro254 (Post 559515)
thanks for the update bd

No problem Micro.. Want to keep my fellow PPC Geek's safe! :)

robbzbusa 12-04-2008 03:05 PM

Now Its Tellon Me Incorrect Device...hmmmm Anyone Get This To Install...ive Got It On My Sd Card Click On It Then Incorrect Device Comes Up

BigDiesel07 12-04-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbzbusa (Post 559650)
Now Its Tellon Me Incorrect Device...hmmmm Anyone Get This To Install...ive Got It On My Sd Card Click On It Then Incorrect Device Comes Up

Try putting it onto the device... There has been no mention of this being a GSM only or a CDMA only fix.. From all indications.. It is an Universal issue for all HTC Touch Pro's...

robbzbusa 12-04-2008 03:29 PM

Still No Go

BigDiesel07 12-04-2008 03:52 PM

Weird.. I posted a comment on the site where I found the security update asking if this was GSM or CDMA only.. As soon as I get the answer, I will let you all know...

drew8484 12-04-2008 04:07 PM

It's an .exe program. I inserted it directly into my windows directory. There shouldn't be a need to run it, should there?

robbzbusa 12-04-2008 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew8484 (Post 559793)
It's an .exe program. I inserted it directly into my windows directory. There shouldn't be a need to run it, should there?

did you use tc or just drag and drop it into the windows folder?

gregbridwell 12-04-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robbzbusa (Post 559650)

I'm getting all of the same errors on mine. Won't run on laptop and then sync. Says "not a valid win32 app" or something similar.

Transferred the file to the phone and it says to run the program from the correct device.

I moved it to Main Storage from the Storage Card and tried again and got the same thing.

What will moving it to the main Windows folder do? Shouldn't the fix be "installed" or the program "executed" or something like that?