PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: telus

nixx911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Touch Pro suffering from "Sleep induced Coma"

Greetings Gurus,

For two days now, I've been having a rather annoying issue with my Touch Pro, regardless of battery level (low, half, full...heck, even plugged in) every time the phone enters sleep mode (either automatically or by quick pressing the "power" button), the phone shuts down completely (turns "power off", no warnings, no "select menu"...it just faints!). A subsequent press of the power button (or slide of keyboard) boots the phone as if it had been intentionally powered off.

Original config was:
-Telus branded CDMA Touch Pro
-Untouched, completely stock, out of the box, ROM, Radio and SPL
-no added bells or whistles, no apps, no games...a virgin I tell ya!

Unsuccesful attempts to solve the problem:
-Fiddled with the powersavers (backlight, sleep timers)
-deactivated WiFi and BT
-Soft Reset
-Battery out + Reboot
-Hard Reset
-Loaded HSPL 0.37 succesffully (bootloader screen confirms)
-Ran Task 29 (the version that doens't wipe the splashscreen or the Radio)
-Loaded cooked ROM (Energy 29022) successfully (boots, loads, configures, able to make calls...nice job BTW), but as soon as it goes to sleep, aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!

I read a couple of posts regarding "Sleep Of Death", which I,m not sure applies here (as from my understanding, the SOD requires a "full" soft reset to "reboot"), mine doen't need a "reset button" to wake up, but merely a little punch of power button to boot as if nothing had ever happened, until it falls asleep again.

Kind regards!
Old 08-09-2011, 04:02 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Re: Touch Pro suffering from "Sleep induced Coma"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixx911 View Post
Greetings Gurus,

-Loaded cooked ROM (Energy 29022) successfully (boots, loads, configures, able to make calls...nice job BTW), but as soon as it goes to sleep, aaaarrrggghhhhh!!!

Kind regards!
Heh, using my name in vein compelled me to respond.

Honestly, it sounds like a hardware issue to me... Do you have insurance? I hate to say it, but from my uneducated estimation, your issue is hardware-related.

Perhaps you can use some widget or something to keep the phone always on? I'm sure it'll just murder your battery.

So does this happen when you just "let" the phone sleep? As in, you let the device sit idle (don't touch it!) and it goes to sleep on its own - and then you go to press power in order to wake it, and it goes thru the boot process? If you let it idly go to sleep, can you call it? If you have it plugged into USB, does the connection to your PC drop as soon as it goes to sleep?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: telus
Threadstarter

nixx911 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

That's just about my biggest fear (well, ya know...)

that's correct, if I let it "fall asleep", it goes comatose, and calls go to straight to VM. As far as plugged in through USB; for some obscure reason, despite the fact that I ajusted the sleep timer to 2minutes on external power, it remains on (with BL dimmed)...I guess that when wired to a PC, going to sleep is simply out of the question (reminds me of my kids!).
Old 08-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixx911 View Post
That's just about my biggest fear (well, ya know...)

that's correct, if I let it "fall asleep", it goes comatose, and calls go to straight to VM. As far as plugged in through USB; for some obscure reason, despite the fact that I ajusted the sleep timer to 2minutes on external power, it remains on (with BL dimmed)...I guess that when wired to a PC, going to sleep is simply out of the question (reminds me of my kids!).
Ha, I think you're right - when connected via USB the device will never sleep...

Perhaps that is your solution. Not much of one... I'd say you should start looking for a new phone...

You could keep trying to flash different ROM's, but I seriously doubt that'll fix it since you've already tried a few.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro