PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Setup ICS to work for VZW Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47075)

creedin 12-22-2008 02:28 PM

Re: Setup ICS to work for VZW Touch Pro

Quote:

Originally Posted by bavmower (Post 573185)
Same deal here. I can't get ICS to work.
I have the Sprint version, hacked to VZW though, that might be an issue.

for those with a sprint radio you must dial ##778#

mwfielder 12-22-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by compulen (Post 593329)
Thanks guys and gals. Worked like a charm over WiFi on HTC Touch Pro with the posted ICS cab and the latest WMWifiRouter trial as of 12/22/08. Did not have to do hard reset. Simply did the equivalent of a soft reset by cycling the power on the phone and then running through the config wizard on WMWifiRouter. If you already messed around with the WMWifiRouter, simply reset the settings by going to: Options/Tools/Reset all settings. Didn't have to muck with ICS at all. Left it all as-is, and let the WMWifiRouter do its magic with the default settings.

You are using the VzW Touch Pro, correct?

Did you install ICS cab first, or WMWifiRouter first? (does it matter?)

After installing ICS, do you run the program before running WMWifirouter? (if so, do you select USB or BT?)

And are you using a PC or Mac?

Sorry for all the questions, but I just can't get it to work.....

ninog 12-23-2008 11:07 AM

Hi everybody. Somehow I managed to connect my computer to the internet through my TP on the Verizon network on a stock ROM by just installing ICS and using the USB, but I can only get a few minutes of internet through the phone before the connection is disconnected and I have to manually reconnect. Does anyone know how to stop it from disconnecting?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just unchecked the "Allow USB connections" in the ActiveSync Connection Settings. Havent had a problem with ActiveSync disconnecting me from the internet since.

mikeo1313 12-25-2008 03:25 PM

After I installed the cab my phone makes & keeps a data connection after I send or recieve a text message. To test this observation I then uninstalled ICS item that the installation made appear and tried sending a text msg again and infact now the phone doesn't keep a data connection anymore after a text.

mikeo1313 12-26-2008 11:55 AM

Ok, so would going through with the "DUN NAI, Menu, Edit." causes the phone to not keep a data connection once a text message is sent or recieved???

i760luvh8 12-30-2008 10:19 PM

Greeting Everyone,

I have a very strong desire to activate ICS because I want to run WMWifiRouter, but I notice that this thread refers to the HTC Touch phone.

I own a VZ WinMo 6.1 Samsung i760. Does anyone know if it would be detrimental or fatal if I installed the ICS Cab file referred to by this thread (aka, is it model specific, or would it work for all phones running windows mobile)?

If so, could anyone point me to a resource that describes a similar hack for the i760?

Thanks!!!

LittleBreezes 01-16-2009 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninog (Post 595393)
Hi everybody. Somehow I managed to connect my computer to the internet through my TP on the Verizon network on a stock ROM by just installing ICS and using the USB, but I can only get a few minutes of internet through the phone before the connection is disconnected and I have to manually reconnect. Does anyone know how to stop it from disconnecting?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just unchecked the "Allow USB connections" in the ActiveSync Connection Settings. Havent had a problem with ActiveSync disconnecting me from the internet since.

Hi ninog , was the problem that activesync was trying to wrestle the USB connection away from ICS? Did you uncheck that box on the desktop or on the TP? Is it still working?
Frank

jgjackson 02-05-2009 02:13 PM

I tried this and couldn't get it to work with BT. I installed it on Tuesday evening, then tried to connect through BT PAN from my iPaq 210. The iPaq could see that PAN was an available service and paired with the phone fine, but couldn't connect to the internet.

All day Wednesday, my phone was very unstable. It crashed or hung every hour or two. I tried uninstalling, and the uninstall failed. Finally, I restored the registry and database files from a full backup made Tuesday morning my phone has been stable again today.

Can't say I recommend this thing on the Verizon Touch Pro.

jayvoj 02-11-2009 02:30 PM

does this work for sprint also

bcczeus 02-20-2009 02:04 PM

ICS + WMWiFiRouter = Sweet/Fast/Success on Telus HTC Touch Pro.