PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   ATTN: VZW Touch Pro users, keeping or returning?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46992)

verizonTOUCH24 11-29-2008 11:22 AM

ATTN: VZW Touch Pro users, keeping or returning??

i will be returning in a week if this thing doesnt have some miracle tweak soon

jason25 11-29-2008 11:23 AM

Re: ATTN: VZW Touch Pro users, keeping or returning??

explanation?

verizonTOUCH24 11-29-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason25 (Post 549015)
explanation?

slower than whale $^#&

jason25 11-29-2008 11:29 AM

gotcha

namtaru 11-29-2008 11:36 AM

Keeping

carrot 11-29-2008 12:05 PM

Not sure yet.

Pros : Wifi (Verizon doesn't have blackberry with wifi!), cool stuff.
Cons : Poor battery life, poor contact and message interfaces. awkward controls. I know I'll drop it and it will break within 2 months. Everything is deep in menus that are hard to find. No "My location" supported, no GPS in google maps.

Exil3d 11-29-2008 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verizonTOUCH24 (Post 549017)
slower than whale $^#&

LOL!

Quote:

Originally Posted by carrot (Post 549066)
Not sure yet.

Pros : Wifi (Verizon doesn't have blackberry with wifi!), cool stuff.
Cons : Poor battery life, poor contact and message interfaces. awkward controls. I know I'll drop it and it will break within 2 months. Everything is deep in menus that are hard to find. No "My location" supported, no GPS in google maps.

What ever you do, dont buy the Blackberry Storm. That thing is 3x slower than the pro.

Nat2fresh 11-29-2008 01:03 PM

Im going to give it 2-3 weeks, but im not going back to the 6800. if i return it (the pro) im leaving verzion during that same visit. :angry7: f*ckers

deadwrong03 11-29-2008 01:06 PM

most likely ill be keeping. i was coming from a lg voyager than would reboot all the time during phone calls and just randomly resetting sometimes it wasnt anything i could do seeing how its a bug in all voyagers

but this is my first smartphone and the custimization and all kinds of custom programming is great its like a personal computer in my pocket...which is also great because i recently moved and dont have internet or tv at the moment. Granted its crippled to death compared to sprints version from the ram to the goofy keyboard layout i think i can deal with it. alot of my issues outside of the ram which i can do nothing about have been resolved. i just need to learn how to properly install flash lite 3.1 and find out how to tell if its on the browser and im fine...and a few bugs like the stock opera launching after i updated.

but i think ill be keeping this

Nat2fresh 11-29-2008 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deadwrong03 (Post 549131)
most likely ill be keeping. i was coming from a lg voyager than would reboot all the time during phone calls and just randomly resetting sometimes it wasnt anything i could do seeing how its a bug in all voyagers

but this is my first smartphone and the custimization and all kinds of custom programming is great its like a personal computer in my pocket...which is also great because i recently moved and dont have internet or tv at the moment. Granted its crippled to death compared to sprints version from the ram to the goofy keyboard layout i think i can deal with it. alot of my issues outside of the ram which i can do nothing about have been resolved. i just need to learn how to properly install flash lite 3.1 and find out how to tell if its on the browser and im fine...and a few bugs like the stock opera launching after i updated.

but i think ill be keeping this

How do you feel about the TF3D? i even hate that compared to sprints. I disabled mine.

Have issues have u resolved outside of the ram?