PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Just got a second replacement and gap between lcd and key?

I got a replacement because I had bad ear piece issue this new device is brand new build 11/6/08.There is little gap between lcd and home key lower left corner. I took a picture can't really see clearly but you get the point. It really sucks because everything else works fine voice quality is amazing and only problem now is this visible gap.I think they messed up putting the lcd piece and lower piece together because its bit off and this is not even refur its new.

I don't know what to do should I just keep the phone?

Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Just got a second replacement and gap between lcd and key?

sigh..

Yeah I have it on my new replacement too. My roomate noticed it on his first one he got, exchanged it and issue was resolved. It took me almost a full month to get the pro I have so.. I am not sure if I am gonna be trying to let it go any time soon.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Mine has this too. Not an actual gap - rather the button is raised higher than the LCD instead of flush. Not sure whether that's what you have, and I can't see by the pic. I've just learned to live with it. I took it to the Sprint store and one worker there had a Touch Pro. He said he had the same problem, and that he just took a razor blade and very gently cut away some of the material in the gap that was preventing it from going down all the way. I don't know whether I believe him, but either way it doesn't bother me enough for me to take a razor to my phone.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

elgreek84 is keeping up the good workelgreek84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousgtz View Post
I got a replacement because I had bad ear piece issue this new device is brand new build 11/6/08.There is little gap between lcd and home key lower left corner. I took a picture can't really see clearly but you get the point. It really sucks because everything else works fine voice quality is amazing and only problem now is this visible gap.I think they messed up putting the lcd piece and lower piece together because its bit off and this is not even refur its new.

I don't know what to do should I just keep the phone?

I w as just looking at mine, it's the same way. (Mine is Oct. 17 build date). I never noticed, but yeah, that section has a wider gap than the right section. So just keep it, not a huge issue IMO, i never even noticed it.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Threadstarter

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

Ok good I'm not the only one I was going to go back to get it replaced but now keeping this phone. You know it sucks that $579 phone is build like this.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Looks like this one can be shut down.

Happy Thanksgiving...

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro