PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Just dropped my touch pro and scratched it. How can I get it replaced? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46119)

rose1 11-22-2008 11:33 PM

Just dropped my touch pro and scratched it. How can I get it replaced?

This always freekin happens to me. This happened with my razr, with my samsung a900 and my Q9c. I was in my car talking on my touch pro. After talking, for some reason, I ALWAYS put the phone on my lap. ](*,)](*,) As I was getting out of the car, the phone flew into the sidewalk and to make things worse, I stepped on it and as a result, did a split on top of the phone and scraped it 3 feet accross the ground. Now it looks terrible. I have tep but I'm sure they will not replace it for cosmetic issues. Does anyone know how to brick the phone so I can get a replacement? Thanks

Lylej2k 11-22-2008 11:36 PM

Re: Just dropped my touch pro and scratched it. How can I get it replaced?

OUCH! I've done that before minus the stepping on it.

Run it over with the car! then file the insurance claim.

furiousgtz 11-22-2008 11:38 PM

lol nice TEP get a new replacement get refund $50 from sprint. I do that don't put your phone on your lap I put on my center console.

Amber00Dak 11-22-2008 11:45 PM

if it always happens, why havent you learned by now? i did the same thing once. but i learned and now i always put it into the center console after calls. keep the phone and use it as a reminder to put the phone in a safe place, maybe then you can train yourself

hempy 11-22-2008 11:47 PM

TEP is supposed to cover damage from normal wear and tear w/o going through Asurion ($50 deductible). At least that's what their brochures say, but YMMV.

rose1 11-22-2008 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber00Dak (Post 537016)
if it always happens, why havent you learned by now? i did the same thing once. but i learned and now i always put it into the center console after calls. keep the phone and use it as a reminder to put the phone in a safe place, maybe then you can train yourself

Why haven't I learned by now? Cause I'm a big giant idiot! I can't multitask. I was looking for an address and as soon as I found it, my mind went blank and I forgot I even had a phone. :(

Anyhow, what's the best way to go about it? Asurion and pay the $50 or what? I was thinking about trying to flash a new rom onto it and unplugging the usb cable when it reached 50%. By doing that, I'm sure it wont load windows

rose1 11-22-2008 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by furiousgtz (Post 537002)
lol nice TEP get a new replacement get refund $50 from sprint. I do that don't put your phone on your lap I put on my center console.

I dont understand. They would refund me $50? For what?

Amber00Dak 11-23-2008 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 537029)
Why haven't I learned by now? Cause I'm a big giant idiot! I can't multitask. I was looking for an address and as soon as I found it, my mind went blank and I forgot I even had a phone. :(

Anyhow, what's the best way to go about it? Asurion and pay the $50 or what? I was thinking about trying to flash a new rom onto it and unplugging the usb cable when it reached 50%. By doing that, I'm sure it wont load windows

lol, alright "giant idiot".

i personally avoid Asurion because id rather deal with Sprint. if you have the premium insurance and the phone is in more than 2 pieces, they will order you a replacement in the store. they generally order a refurbished model as a replacement, but due to the very recent release of the phone and the low availability of it, there a good chance of getting a new one as a replacement. i have gotten new ones a few times.

Amber00Dak 11-23-2008 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 537041)
I dont understand. They would refund me $50? For what?

the $50 is a deductible that you have to pay when you go through Asurion. works the same way as car insurance.....they will fix the $XXXXX amount in damages but you need to pay whatever your deductible is.

btw....if you go through the Sprint store, there is no deductible

Lylej2k 11-23-2008 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber00Dak (Post 537049)
lol, alright "giant idiot".

if you have the premium insurance and the phone is in more than 2 pieces, they will order you a replacement in the store. they generally order a refurbished model as a replacement, but due to the very recent release of the phone and the low availability of it, there a good chance of getting a new one as a replacement.

Like I said.... run it over! lol