PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2008, 05:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

bgeezy723 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Exchanging at BestBuy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoldfingerd View Post
Anyway, Sprints internet has been down in my area all week, so my phone isn't fully activated. None of my data works. I hope your swapped phone activates.
I was just on the phone with sprint tech support for a consolidated 3-3.5 hours trying to get my data back up and running after swapping my phone this past Wednesday and we were successful. Give it a try!
Old 11-21-2008, 05:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipple View Post
I was able to do an exchange at bestbuy due to the fact that my phone would not stay in landscape mode with the keyboard pulled out.

It was FAR easier than I thought it was going to be. All I needed was the Phone itself. She took my old phone and put it in the new box. I was able to take my current memory card and put it in the new phone. I believe she said they don't actually send anything back except for the phone itself in order to get credit for it.

I would just for good measure bring in anything unique to the phone though. The box and the disc that came with it. Anything else is generic and can be swapped.
They did the same for me when I had my 800w replaced. Just needed to bring the phone in, she took out the new phone from the box, gave it to me, and put the dead 800w in the new box.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeezy723 View Post
I was just on the phone with sprint tech support for a consolidated 3-3.5 hours trying to get my data back up and running after swapping my phone this past Wednesday and we were successful. Give it a try!
I am going to try and hard reset my phone. I have already tried setting my profile to 1. The problem with call sprint is I only have a cell phone and tech support needs me to call from another phone. I have chatted with sprint on their website, they always tell me they are having issues with their network and there's no eta on a fix.

What did Sprint have you do?
Old 11-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
I am going to try and hard reset my phone. I have already tried setting my profile to 1. The problem with call sprint is I only have a cell phone and tech support needs me to call from another phone. I have chatted with sprint on their website, they always tell me they are having issues with their network and there's no eta on a fix.

More than likely they had him reset his data profile and then pushed it back out from their end.

After your hard reset, attempt to connect to the web. If you cannot, go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Update Profile. Hopefully, it will pull your profile. From there, attempt to access teh web again. If it is still not working, check the profile.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

Yeah, the only reason I was able to talk to them on another phone is because I am house-sitting for a friend and they have a landline, or else I would be in the same boat as you. I did a hard reset on my phone, while on call with the sprint support and she scolded me a little bit for not running it by her first lol, but the hard reset didnt help anyways.

I can't remember everything she had me do, but there was a lot of going in and changing numbers, trying different paths to connect to the internet, etc. The last thing that worked though was going in and changing my MSID, I believe, to a different number than my phone number. She explained that when people call my number, they actually connect to that new number that tells the tower to connect them to my phone. Or something of that nature...
Old 11-21-2008, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
More than likely they had him reset his data profile and then pushed it back out from their end.

After your hard reset, attempt to connect to the web. If you cannot, go to Start -> Settings -> System -> Update Profile. Hopefully, it will pull your profile. From there, attempt to access teh web again. If it is still not working, check the profile.
Oh yeah, you reminded me of some other stuff. She had me try this probably 15 times and it didn't work. She said they usually change people's plans then change it back, but couldn't do that with me since I have a SERO account so she tried turning me off then re-activating me - didn't work. Everytime I made a change though she had me reset the data profile and I got an error, except for the last change. So if you do make a change of some sort and want to test it, just do as basilray said and if that goes through, you should be good.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Hero

ggoldfingerd is becoming a great contributor

I forgot about Skype, so I finally called tech support. I didn't mean for this to go off topic. The tech support provisioned my account and the profile update finally worked. I already tried all those things. I'm glad Skype allows free calls on 800 numbers. The guy I talked to had great customer service, my computer crashed right after I gave him my name and he called my cell phone.

Anyway, I hope anyone else that exchanges their phone doesn't have any activation problems.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro