PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   New Tricks with Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=45247)

t0mmyr 11-19-2008 05:10 PM

Re: New Tricks with Pro

i found that with opera mobile and googlemaps (and perhaps a few other apps) you can zoom in or out of the webpage or map by circling the round lit d pad clockwise to zoom or counterclockwise to zoomout.

i wish we could make a wiki post at the top of this thread so we could add all the good tips all on the first page

Young_breedent 11-19-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0mmyr (Post 529944)
i found that with opera mobile and googlemaps (and perhaps a few other apps) you can zoom in or out of the webpage or map by circling the round lit d pad clockwise to zoom or counterclockwise to zoomout.

i wish we could make a wiki post at the top of this thread so we could add all the good tips all on the first page

WOW are you seriously posting this as if nobody knew this already lol. This is suppose to be a thread of useful tricks that the average joe might not notice. Not stuff thats obviously posted in the manual. I'm sure everybody on this damn site knew this already lol. Just my 2 cents

subhumanderelict 11-19-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lylej2k (Post 525917)
that has got to be the funniest effin pic i've seen in while.

http://spirit.nsbit.com/srsly.jpg

Theutus 11-19-2008 05:24 PM

http://media.urbandictionary.com/ima...rsly-40515.jpg

amw1972 11-19-2008 05:25 PM

its funny how some people in this forum pride themselves of helping out...and welcoming "noobs" and encourage participation...where others are so high on themselves upon the exclusivity of certain specs of knowledge. That first post for the capacitive bottom panel was about 10 days old when I found my own info on this phone. So I had a repeat...sue me!! I'm just glad that there are more senior members here willing to be helpful...than those that like to belittle..."noobs"...

Young_breedent 11-19-2008 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amw1972 (Post 529976)
its funny how some people in this forum pride themselves of helping out...and welcoming "noobs" and encourage participation...where others are so high on themselves upon the exclusivity of certain specs of knowledge. That first post for the capacitive bottom panel was about 10 days old when I found my own info on this phone. So I had a repeat...sue me!! I'm just glad that there are more senior members here willing to be helpful...than those that like to belittle..."noobs"...

Obviously you were referring to me. To bad i wasn't belittling anybody i just though it was funny that he would post something so obvious. The zoom feature is one of the most advertised features on the pro. I just don't feel the need to state the obvious. I help out whenever i can and if the noobs took a little more time to read "just like i was told to do as a noob" they would know better than to post stuff like that. But anyway you making your comment put you in that catagory of members who like to belittle "noobs" because thats exactly what you just tried to do, but i'm just not a noob lol. Or better yet the category of the other members that "are so high on themselves upon the exclusivity of certain specs of knowledge" lol. I find it funny how you try and play the thread police and correct people. I have the right to my opinion and i voiced it, on topic may i add. Unlike your useless post tyring to "belittle" someone.

flyers2114 11-19-2008 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 529991)
Obviously you were referring to me. To bad i wasn't belittling anybody i just though it was funny that he would post something so obvious. The zoom feature is one of the most advertised features on the pro. I just don't feel the need to state the obvious. I help out whenever i can and if the noobs took a little more time to read "just like i was told to do as a noob" they would know better than to post stuff like that. But anyway you making your comment put you in that catagory of members who like to belittle "noobs" because thats exactly what you just tried to do, but i'm just not a noob lol. Or better yet the "others are so high on themselves upon the exclusivity of certain specs of knowledge" lol. I find it funny how you try and play the thread police and correct people. I have the right to my opinion and i voiced it on topic may i add. unlike your useless post tyring to "belittle".

Breedent I would agree with you on this as far as reading.....but the thread is about features....although you may know this feature others may not....and
Tommy did not ask "how is it done"......he just stated the feature....my suggestion to all is just let this die out before the thread gets shutdown.....:mrgreen:

chronster 11-19-2008 06:16 PM

if you press the button at the top (and to the left) it turns the fone on.

lnchbx13 11-19-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chronster (Post 530079)
if you press the button at the top (and to the left) it turns the fone on.

HAHAHAHA

1999TL 11-19-2008 06:49 PM

I guess I'll add another obvious. If the phone is in standby and you pull out the stylus, the Phone turns on. Magic.