PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to land2634
Re: Son...Of...A....B&*CH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffhatton View Post
I just find it hard to believe that it is just the small amount of people doing this that you mention. What about the rest of the population? I read it again and again how people cheat the system. Eventually, it is going to catch up to all of us. It makes it hard for the legitimate people with true problems with their phones. You are naive to think that Sprint doesn't read these threads and knows what people are doing. Yet they are forced to give these people phones or they have "poor" customer service.
I might agree that it would catch up to everyone if I hadn't seen threads like this on various boards for a good 5 years now. If you don't believe people that have been through many of the same device, then you should consider yourself lucky. But the issue here shouldn't be whether you think the OP is right or wrong, because we don't have enough information to know what was said to cause Sprint to offer this. The problem is that you can't present an offer, have it accepted, and rovoke later and expect a customer to understand. I have a simple solution to keep things like this from happening. If it is really hurting and bothering Sprint that bad, put a stop to it. Stop offering things like this. Until Sprint does something about it, I honestly don't feel that sorry for them, because they have the control in this situation.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Ya.. I dont like it how some do cheat the system. Whatever the case is, everyone has to remember that if Sprint goes down. We all go down. And we all all stuck with bricks.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:43 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

send CEO Dan Hesse an email dan@sprint.com

I'm sure it will do no good, but it wouldn't hurt....Sprint CS is a joke, bunch of damn clowns.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

daijizai is a n00b

Exil3d: Federal regulatory agencies make sure that this is not the case. If a phone carrier goes under and does not make a deal in time, their network and requirements are given to another carrier.

Also, there is a DMCA exception making it perfectly legal to unlock your phone for the purpose of using it on another carrier. I guess from Sprint, Verizon would be your only option and that is really no choice at all. Both of them are equally bad...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

I have the $7/mo TEp plan. Nothing extra. I wasn't expecting to be upgraded to a TP, but the lady felt bad I got sent a phone that blew up so she said I could pick any phone I wantred to replace it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prez808 View Post
Was this because you bought the extra warranty?

[
Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

Also - I wasn't trying to cheat the system. I have a Mogul and a Touch that are both great. Never exchanged them or had them serviced. But, I have TEP so when my 6700 broke the first time, I had it replaced. Then again, then again... At that point, I just requested not to get another re-furbished unit, since they were of poor quality. When they said there were no more new ones, I aksed if that qualified me for the "Comparable model" swap. First I was tols yes and I would get a Mogul. Then I got the "call" that said sorry - no. There are still refurbs, so that's what I will get. It was only after I got the exploding refurb that arrived with craks and scratches on it that they offered to swap for whatever I wanted. I just think that is one of the few cases where Customer Service did their job. And I happened to benefit greatly...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

jimd144 is keeping up the good workjimd144 is keeping up the good work

People want free phones and will:
destroy old phones and make insurance claims.
brick the phone and expect the carrier to replace

People claim to be friends and family to get the sero plan

It is amazing for an honest person to watch

Last edited by jimd144; 11-15-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimd144 View Post
People want free phones and will:
destroy old phones and make insurance claims.
brick the phone and expect the carrier to replace

People claim to be friends and family to get the sero plan

It is amazing for an honest person to watch

LOL welcome to the human race. This isnt just with phones...its with EVERYTHING. People will do or say anything to get something for free or at a discount. IT has happened for the entire existance of the human race, and will continue happening until we are gone. End of story.

Now, do I think its right? No...but thats besides the point. NOTHING will EVER stop it.

Now, having said THAT, I will say this: I talked Sprint ecare into giving me a 50 dollar discount on two touch pros a month before they came out. My reasoning behind this was some issues I was having with ther Touch and mogul on my account. I was having issues with them and told Sprint I want to replace them both with the Touch Pro. I said I know I am not eligible for an upgrade, but I was wondering if Sprint would be willing to help me out. They offered me the 50 dollar discount right away...i didnt lie to get it.

Now, when I went to Best Buy to get my first one, their system came up and said I was eligible for an upgrade. I have no idea why...but I went with it. I took it and didnt say a word. I'm sorry...I dont care what any of you think about it...but it saved me hundreds of dollars...and in todays economy...I took it. I also dont feel bad because best buy has screwed me in the past. So oh well.

The only other thing I have gotten free from Sprint is an Airave, and thats because I got bad reception in my house...so they gave it to me for free. They even asked if it was bad enough that I was considering canceliing my account. I said...No way....I love Sprint and wouldn't leave over that. But It would definitley be nice to get reception in my house, as I dont have a landline. They offered it to me for free. I do pay the monthly service fee for it though.

My second Touch Pro I bought from someone here on PPCGeeks for 450.00. (Sprint credited me the 50 dollars they said they would in September).....making it 400.00.

So, my point is that there are way to handle situations and get discounts and freebies that are honest. Then there are way to do it dishonestly. I would never call them and tell them a lie to get something for free...and the reason is that I truly do like Sprint, and don't want them to go under. They have treated me very well and have always helped me out when I need it. So that makes me want to help them out as well.

Now, Comcast....I would screw them over at every chance I got LOL

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by land2634 View Post
I might agree that it would catch up to everyone if I hadn't seen threads like this on various boards for a good 5 years now. If you don't believe people that have been through many of the same device, then you should consider yourself lucky. But the issue here shouldn't be whether you think the OP is right or wrong, because we don't have enough information to know what was said to cause Sprint to offer this. The problem is that you can't present an offer, have it accepted, and rovoke later and expect a customer to understand. I have a simple solution to keep things like this from happening. If it is really hurting and bothering Sprint that bad, put a stop to it. Stop offering things like this. Until Sprint does something about it, I honestly don't feel that sorry for them, because they have the control in this situation.
the issue with that is yes, if you have insurance/TEP sprint IS required to make sure you have a working phone by your TEP contract (separate from the 2 yr wireless agreement which offers no such assurance).

The real answer is that they are not REQUIRED to give you a pro for problems with a mogul. Can they? sure if they choose to, but if they reject it you have no right to be pissed like you deserve it. They have clear policies how they replace phones under TEP and if goes: refurbs first, then a new out of box, THEN comparable model IF they choose to do so.

My major issue with some people is they EXPECT an upgrade to a new model because theyve been through 3 or 4 refurbs. Well guess what? thats the system you signed up for. there is NO system that gives automatic new out of box phones or upgrades when theres any issue with your current device- simply doesnt exist.

So in closing, if they offer a refurb you get a refurb. You can ASK for something more to be done or a Pro but they are not REQUIRED to do so. theres a huge difference here people are missing between what Sprint CAN and HAVE TO do,
Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
the issue with that is yes, if you have insurance/TEP sprint IS required to make sure you have a working phone by your TEP contract (separate from the 2 yr wireless agreement which offers no such assurance).

The real answer is that they are not REQUIRED to give you a pro for problems with a mogul. Can they? sure if they choose to, but if they reject it you have no right to be pissed like you deserve it. They have clear policies how they replace phones under TEP and if goes: refurbs first, then a new out of box, THEN comparable model IF they choose to do so.

My major issue with some people is they EXPECT an upgrade to a new model because theyve been through 3 or 4 refurbs. Well guess what? thats the system you signed up for. there is NO system that gives automatic new out of box phones or upgrades when theres any issue with your current device- simply doesnt exist.

So in closing, if they offer a refurb you get a refurb. You can ASK for something more to be done or a Pro but they are not REQUIRED to do so. theres a huge difference here people are missing between what Sprint CAN and HAVE TO do,

I agree with what you're saying for the most part. However, if you have been through 3 or 4 of the same model of phone...its becomes rediculous to have to get the same one again. I don't think its anyones argument that Sprint is REQUIRED to give a different newer model...it just makes sense at that point...from both ends. From Sprints end..it makes sense because they are spending time and money having techs diagnose issues, shipping costs, and customer satisfaction....giving someone 4 different models of the same phone and having issues each time doesnt do much for their public image. Also, theres a matter of consistancy. When people read that Sprint is doing some things for some customers, and refusing the same service to other customers...well thats just bad business, period.

Again...I am not trying to flame anyone....and im not arguing against your point....but I dont see it as people thinking Sprint MUST, by law, give you a newer phone. Its just common sense when you get to the point of being on your 4th or 5th refurb OR new replacement of the same model phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro