PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380 Touch Pro 2 <-6850 <-6800 <- 6700 <- 6600...
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

wavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuffwavezero knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D Internet Tab Tweaks/Mods?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYSIANA View Post
Could you please explain this process step by step for me in detain because I hate Opera too and want to use PIE by default.

After I do this Im gonna get rid of the dumb YouTube link/banner too.

Thanks in advance!
Ok...

1. If you want your favorites to show up in your internet tab below the globe then set all your bookmarks in opera first.

2. Unzip the Darkness231... file below, transter this to your TP and run the file. This sets the defaults to ie instead of opera (like when you open a link in mail. (thanks to Darkness231 at XDA for putting this together)

3. WARNING: this step will kill opera. Unzip the Manila Opera Fix file below, transfer to your TP. Copy the OperaL.exe file to the windows directory over the existing one. This is just pie renamed so when manila attempts to open opera it opens pie. Apparently you can then reinstall opera from the windows directory by running WM6_PPC_HTC_Opera9_WWE and installing to your storage card, then you can use both. I haven't tried this yet because I don't want to loose my bookmarks in the internet tab, and I assume that reinstalling this would wipe this clean. (thanks to Detroit Doug for this step)
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro