PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Skyfire working on my Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44388)

imneveral0ne 11-08-2008 06:59 PM

Re: Miss my Skyfire :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmz (Post 505733)
Build (0.61.0.4721) works just fine in landscape or portrate. But after entering in the web browser you must close the key board and i mean the on screen key board before you hit go or enter, to go to any sight. I posted this before and heres the cab if you need it, I hopes this helps some of you guys. If it helps you edit your first post to diect people to this last post to help them out.

Thanks T M Z

isnt that a horribly old build? the one i have on my phone is 7081

tom5b 11-09-2008 10:43 AM

Re: Problems with Skyfire

Is there a way to change the higher resolution to a lower one to use Skyfire and then switch back?

jonpc 11-09-2008 02:40 PM

Re: Skyfire and TP

The same thing happens to be - just thought it was the "beta" thing. If it ever gets right, it will be nice!

lipidfats 11-09-2008 05:52 PM

Anybody brave enough to try this? http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...showtopic=2754

"These .cab files are supposed to allow you to change the screen resolution through a simple interface which also supports SIP's. I believe if the screen is set with the 96 DPI .cab file you should have QVGA resolution, which in theory should allow Skyfire to appear appropriately."

imneveral0ne 11-10-2008 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lipidfats (Post 507889)
Anybody brave enough to try this? http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...showtopic=2754

"These .cab files are supposed to allow you to change the screen resolution through a simple interface which also supports SIP's. I believe if the screen is set with the 96 DPI .cab file you should have QVGA resolution, which in theory should allow Skyfire to appear appropriately."

so that would just change the resolution of the whole phone?

lipidfats 11-10-2008 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 508679)
so that would just change the resolution of the whole phone?

i think so... from what i understand you can switch back and forth between 128 and 96 dpi... go to that skyfire forum post to read their little discussion... so far nobody there has tried it because they don't have a vga device. i'd try it, but i hate hard resetting and there's always someone willing to try unproven software :)

imneveral0ne 11-10-2008 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
actually i just opened up skyfire in portrait mode and it looks just like it should. here is a screenshot!

lipidfats 11-10-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 508768)
actually i just opened up skyfire in portrait mode and it looks just like it should. here is a screenshot!

with or without that supposed fix?

dahlem 11-10-2008 03:44 PM

Just loaded it and opened on my Touch Pro also and it looks correct too!

Without the supposed fix . . .

lipidfats 11-10-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahlem (Post 509488)
Just laoded it and opened on my Touch Pro also and it looks correct too!

Without the supposed fix . . .

whaaa.. did they fix it or are you running an old version?

dahlem 11-10-2008 04:17 PM

Running version 7081. Runs great . . .

Existentialism 11-10-2008 05:17 PM

Yes, it runs fine in protrait, that's not the issue. Try running it in Landscape . . .

lipidfats 11-10-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Existentialism (Post 509714)
Yes, it runs fine in protrait, that's not the issue. Try running it in Landscape . . .

yeah i dunno... everyone has been complaining that it doesnt work at all cause it shows in half screen on vga devices cause it's for qvga. now you guys wanna claim it works. i just tried it and it's the same in portrait and landscape. Existentialism your ppc info says titan, so maybe you haven't tried it on a pro..

edit: nvmd i got it working after either a soft reset or switching my keyboard from full to compact qwerty then back again... not sure which, but hey it's working.

gmfeny 11-10-2008 05:45 PM

I have a Touch Pro and it works. When you first install it, it comes on with half the screen and you need to put your email and password in. After you do that close skyfire then run it again with the keyboard open. It should run good but it doesnt look as good as it did on my mogul, its not as clear.

lipidfats 11-10-2008 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmfeny (Post 509777)
I have a Touch Pro and it works. When you first install it, it comes on with half the screen and you need to put your email and password in. After you do that close skyfire then run it again with the keyboard open. It should run good but it doesnt look as good as it did on my mogul, its not as clear.

yeah runs in landscape as long as you start with the keyboard open and leave it open... also runs in portrait mode as long as you leave it in portrait.. hope they come out with an official vga version soon. They lock any posts regarding this on their forum, kinda strange.

slopokdave 11-11-2008 06:05 PM

Working here as well, but its quite slow compared to opera when scrolling/zooming; it is loading pages fine and quick though, I agree the images and visuals dont look very sharp because they are being blown up to VGA. However, it can display full pages all the time and is still quite beneficial to have.

madzilla 11-11-2008 07:02 PM

That "fix" doesnt really work. well i mean the app does what its supposed to do but it doesnt help skyfire. it basically makes stuff like text and start menu different sizes. 96dpi makes the start menu small as !@#$ lol

Deffinitly gives your phone more screen real estate if you are willing to use a stylus a lot :D

amw1972 11-11-2008 07:39 PM

There is still an active thread over at Skyfire. Its about this work around they have...but the promising thing is that halfway down the thread Skyfire's people are claiming that they are close to a full VGA supported version of Skyfire.

http://support.skyfire.com/forums/in...17&#entry15217

soggystockings 11-11-2008 09:26 PM

Skyfire mobile?

I tried to get skyfire to load on my phone but that was a no go...Any way around this? I cant get my fantasy football page from espn to load correctly...like the desk top

TurboFool 11-11-2008 09:31 PM

Re: Skyfire mobile?

Extremely well-known issue. Doesn't support VGA phones yet. Period.

soggystockings 11-11-2008 09:34 PM

Thx...Just got my pro and having a couple of issues...Thats one of them...

TurboFool 11-11-2008 09:37 PM

Yeah, I kind of miss it, but not horrifically yet. Opera Mobile's fantastic enough that it's only non-YouTube flash video sites that I'm missing out on, and I can manage.

roomer11 11-11-2008 09:43 PM

There's a way to use Skyfire on Touch Pro,
1st slide out the hardware keyboard, then start Skyfire, from then on, stay in landscape mode, and use the hardware keyboard to type, do not use the software keyboard. :mrgreen:

Unflushablelog 11-11-2008 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggystockings (Post 512633)
I tried to get skyfire to load on my phone but that was a no go...Any way around this? I cant get my fantasy football page from espn to load correctly...like the desk top

skyfire loads... When you first install it shows up half screened, but after you first register/log in just close the app (maybe soft reset) and then from there on when you open it, you have to either open the app with your keyboard out or leave it in portrait mode. Once you try and switch view modes, it goes back to half screen. Also, because it's not optimized for vga the quality is qvga-like and noticeably worse than it should be...
Hope you get the crippled version working... it may not be like it was on our old phones, but it's better than not having it at all.

tmz 11-11-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soggystockings (Post 512633)

It works.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...3009&page=8#78

1999TL 11-11-2008 09:48 PM

It still drains the chit out of my battery. I can live with opera and opera mini.

Big D5 11-11-2008 11:43 PM

Skyfire working on my Touch Pro

I had to change devices now that my TP is my primary device so I went to Skyfire and changed devices got the text message and downloaded the cab. I loaded version 0.8.0.7081 and everything seams to be working now. First I loaded Skyfire soft reset then opened the keyboard and started using Skyfire in landscape like everyone else has been everything worked fine. Then I closed the keyboard went to the start menu and launched Skyfire again in portrait it opened and everything is working fine. The only problem I am having is with the menu button being hard to activate. Can any one else confirm this? Here are a few screenie:

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...sshot000-9.jpg http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...shot001-11.jpg http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...sshot002-7.jpg

ACHlLLES 11-12-2008 12:17 AM

Re: Skyfire working on my Touch Pro

I've been using same version for days, and it wasn't working w/ portrait mode like many claimed

I just checked it thinking 'this guy must be high', but it does work in portrait mode for some reason now. May be it somewhat updates itself when it starts up?

Anyways, it does work in portrait for now.

sracercelica 11-12-2008 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHlLLES (Post 513041)
I've been using same version for days, and it wasn't working w/ portrait mode like many claimed

I just checked it thinking 'this guy must be high', but it does work in portrait mode for some reason now. May be it somewhat updates itself when it starts up?

Anyways, it does work in portrait for now.

Well Im glad its working for you because its not for me in any mode :(

Unflushablelog 11-12-2008 12:27 AM

is it true you can watch flash sites on opera (like skyfire) with flash lite 3.1? i heard you can, but it slows it down?? if so, where can i get it and will it have negative effects if i don't like it and uninstall... i'm trying to avoid hard resetting for a while..

edit: i have the stock sprint rom and opera v2316

ACHlLLES 11-12-2008 12:31 AM

it does revert back to half screen when i try to use virtual keyboard
but not all the time

i guess thats why its still in beta

Cicatrize 11-12-2008 12:44 AM

That looks like it's QVGA stretched out to VGA...lol

ACHlLLES 11-12-2008 12:57 AM

It is stretched, and it doesn't look sharp at all, but it's better than getting half the screen lol.

r.mauldin 11-12-2008 01:00 AM

I am getting only half the screen. :(

ACHlLLES 11-12-2008 01:02 AM

Hmn. I only tried it while I was charging it.

Cicatrize 11-12-2008 01:12 AM

I'll stick to Opera

ACHlLLES 11-12-2008 01:57 AM

For simply browsing forums, yes, but sites such as crunchyroll, veoh, or other video sites, skyfire serves well. It does eat up loads on battery though.

lipidfats 11-12-2008 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACHlLLES (Post 513252)
For simply browsing forums, yes, but sites such as crunchyroll, veoh, or other video sites, skyfire serves well. It does eat up loads on battery though.

i heard you can watch flash sites on opera with the flash lite 3.1 plugin... but it slows it down a lot

methos123 11-12-2008 07:58 AM

I am only getting half a screen as well. Tried it yesterday, then removed it.

lipidfats 11-13-2008 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by methos123 (Post 513468)
I am only getting half a screen as well. Tried it yesterday, then removed it.

u have to register/login then close and soft reset your device... when you want to use it you have to either have the keyboard out then open the app for landscape view or leave it closed for portrait view... once you try to switch views it reverts back to half screen... skyfire works, it's just crippled cause it's still qvga quality and you don't have as much freedom with views and keyboard use.