PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   [IDEA] weight scale using pressure sensor on touchscreen (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44313)

madzilla 11-11-2008 05:12 PM

Re: [IDEA] weight scale using pressure sensor on touchscreen

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakuyi (Post 512012)
no not necessarily.......all u have to do is place someting like paper on top and tare it out then weigh on top of it.....it should function just like a scale.....this app doesnt have to be used to illicit items it can weigh out lot of things use your imagination

My imagination is limited to illicit items lol i mean what other possible item would you weigh in grams? lol prescription drugs and gold would be weighed on much more sophisticated measurement tools that are professionally calibrated. that leaves illicit drugs as the only thing left to really weigh lol

shakuyi 11-11-2008 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madzilla (Post 512035)
My imagination is limited to illicit items lol i mean what other possible item would you weigh in grams? lol prescription drugs and gold would be weighed on much more sophisticated measurement tools that are professionally calibrated. that leaves illicit drugs as the only thing left to really weigh lol

well when u tap on a scale it can jump ounces.....so maybe this scale can weigh out in heavier terms? who knows the idea is still cool its a more useful app than the business card scanner cmon now lol

Talyn 11-11-2008 05:17 PM

I honestly woudlnt' have much to weigh with it at all. Perhaps if i was ballancing something, that would be about it.

to0 11-12-2008 04:32 PM

This program would be awesome, just for the cooL factor.

I read about an iPhone scale a couple of days back. It takes advantage of the accelerometer to determine the weights, so we could even go that route. This way would have a lot less cooL factor, though.

Twinsen 11-12-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madzilla (Post 511992)
It would also be convenient during your midnight drug deals.

Oh yeah!!!!

Exil3d 11-12-2008 04:36 PM

hahah! I don't see this happening. The screen is just not that sensitive.

bigkenny 11-12-2008 04:49 PM

i dont think this would be accurate with very light weights, like say 10 grams

Young_breedent 11-12-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 514524)
hahah! I don't see this happening. The screen is just not that sensitive.

Yes it is you can adjust how sensitive the screen is. For a program like this they would just set the screen to be VERY sensitive while it's in that program.

bigkenny 11-12-2008 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young_breedent (Post 514596)
Yes it is you can adjust how sensitive the screen is. For a program like this they would just set the screen to be VERY sensitive while it's in that program.

but the surface area is too big. i would think you would need some sort of tray to get this to be reliable.

Either way, i would rather have a $20 digital scale that i can spill what ever i want on and not feel bad...

calebb 11-12-2008 06:04 PM

You can't spell [IDEA] without

DEA link