PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How do you like your Touch Pro? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43721)

Big D5 01-30-2009 11:58 PM

Re: How do you like your Touch Pro?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yibrushn (Post 679597)
I don't think hundreds of people have exchanged their pros just 20 people that keep talking about exchanging their pros

:cheers:

kyrumo 01-31-2009 12:08 AM

I love my Touch Pro but I love my Diamond alot more :-)

Touch Pro way to bulky
Touch Pro not as solid as my Diamond

WanderingMinstrel 01-31-2009 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapMaker (Post 679473)
How can you give it a thumbs-up, if it dies on a phone call, even while plugged in? Just curious.

(Quote) Yeah, the other stuff is great, like... um, the VGA screen, and the keyboard, on some of the Pros out there...
Would you give THE Touch Pro 2+ thumbs-up, or would you give YOUR Touch Pro 2+ thumbs up?
So many people, (hundreds, on this forum alone,) have had to exchange their Pros... That's why I ask.

Well, it wasn't plugged in when it drained the battery and it didn't die until she hung up the call. She was on battery. And the screen went dark with no warning sound. Easily fixed with Batti, etc. I myself am not usually a long talker so I've had no phone problems (after tweaking the volume) when plugged in or un. A little heat which, in the desert, can sometimes be overkill. But nothing to complain about.

I'd definitely give MY TP 2+ thumbs up. YMMV. Like all WM phones, tweaking is necessary. For reasons I don't understand, it goes with the OS. But that's what this forum is for. I'm a cautious tweaker and this phone is a lot more stable with experimenting and adding/deleting stuff than my Apache was. I've had zero backlash problems so far. (Knocking on wood many times right now)

I don't think it's hundreds. My estimate, a couple of dozen tops. Like so many things, people who complain seem to have louder voices than people who don't.

TheRealHotshot 01-31-2009 03:19 PM

best phone I EVER owned!!! hands down!

Athasian 01-31-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 680961)
I don't think it's hundreds. My estimate, a couple of dozen tops. Like so many things, people who complain seem to have louder voices than people who don't.

Exactly. Look at the poll. 22 "Hate it" and 299 "love it". The 22 who hate it just really want you to know how much they hate it so they say it over and over again.

toviaheli 01-31-2009 03:58 PM

I love this phone. I am not going back to a Mogul or anything else.
I started with a G1000>6700>6800>Touch Pro/6850

This is the most productive phone I've used so far.

(I do have to admit i have my eye on the HD-Pro) ;-)

ScrapMaker 01-31-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yibrushn (Post 679597)
I don't think hundreds of people have exchanged their pros just 20 people that keep talking about exchanging their pros

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big D5 (Post 680059)
:cheers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by WanderingMinstrel (Post 680961)

I'd say 100+ on this forum alone... have you checked the "issues" thread?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athasian (Post 680992)
Exactly. Look at the poll. 22 "Hate it" and 299 "love it". The 22 who hate it just really want you to know how much they hate it so they say it over and over again.

Two problems with that:

1) The poll cannot be updated once someone votes--and ends up having problems with their Pro, and

2) Just because someone has to exchange it 5 times to get one that works, doesn't mean they "hate it."

Based on the Touch Pro build date threads, I'd go with 100+ easily...

Hell, once you find one that works right, it's a pretty decent phone.

boxerlover02 02-05-2009 02:27 PM

I thought I would to post here till I had some time to play with it. I LOVE THING THING. There are only a couple things that made me mad about it but are over matched by everything that I do love about it. Every phone is going to have its quriks and mis-habs. All in all the best phone I have had. Way better then my last Favourite phone...... It was a sidekick 1 and 2. Just thought I would throw out my $0.02.

ScrapMaker 02-05-2009 02:31 PM

You like thing thing? That's cool...

jr5416 02-05-2009 06:34 PM

lets just say its better then the mogul , so i dont care much about battery problems ,and god dayum it is sexy lol ima take it to the club it might be a chick mag