PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 3 ppc 6700s--->13 ppc 6800/htc moguls---> Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blakaneez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Can anyone tell me why my internet sharing isn't working on my $600 touch pro!???

I have no idea why my internet sharing capabilities are not working. First, I had oodles of trouble connecting my tp to my activesync. I had a Mogul before this, so I know somewhat what to do when I run into small problems. Getting my Mogul to set up an internet connection was cake on my Mogul that I had 1000 problems with! I went through about 13 Moguls and none of them had this problem. Connecting Activesync, on the other hand, was semi solved with a hard reset. I still have some problems connecting it. I have everything up to date. Now, when I try to connect my computer to the internet, I go to programs to internet sharing. Its on the Sprint connection type and the USB PC connection. I try to connect it. Sometimes, it goes thru everything and says connected. Then when I try to get on my computer, it says there isn't a connection. When I try to disconnect and reconnect my internet connection, it wont disconnect. It won't disconnect if I unplug the phone from my computer. When I close the Internet sharing window, it won't let me open it back up and I have to soft reset my phone. My phone is completely stock right now, except for the picture mail cab. And to top that off, I have received like 2 out of 30 pictures from people!!! Anyone else having any probs similar to mine? If so, plz tell me how you fixed them!!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:47 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Can anyone tell me why my internet sharing isn't working on my $600 touch pro!???

There's a registry tweak to make it work, hold on! Let me dig through my files, post edit incoming...
Old 12-15-2008, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can anyone tell me why my internet sharing isn't working on my $600 touch pro!???

well, i would go into activesync on your pc, delete all partnerships. restart your computer, then sync the phone(create partnership, unless you wanta back your files up at this time)
try this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...tock+touch+pro

see if that is your get????
Old 12-15-2008, 03:52 AM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

This was created by Schwarz... I just use this instead of adding it to my reg tweak .cab file.

The registry entries that need to be changed are documented around on the forum but I can't recall them off the top of my head. After applying this tweak, you do not need to change any settings in Connection Sharing.

Edit: Oh haha... the cabified version is there in the essentials thread Just use the .cab, it's easier. I guess I didn't need to attach this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Internet Sharing Fix.zip (1.4 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

good call shadow...
Old 12-15-2008, 04:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blakaneez is a n00b

Ok.... I installed the internet fix and it still does not want to work! It connected the first time I tried it and then I tried some websites on on my pc and it still said no internet connection. Now, when I tried to disconnect my connection, it still says that it's connected (pic 1). That's what my screen looks like after I press disconnect and after I unplug it from the USB. Then, when I close the program completely and try to access it again (pic 2) it wont work. If you look close in pic 2, you will see that it says Internet Sharing instead of Programs at the top....?

pic 1

pic 2
Old 12-15-2008, 04:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blakaneez is a n00b

lets try that again....
pic 2
Old 12-15-2008, 06:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

blakaneez is a n00b

Still searching for a solution.... anyone else have any ideas....?
Old 12-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tre pro and touch pro

gigantor07 is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to gigantor07

well I know personally I had this problem so my fix was install the cab and then sproblem persisted so i got to messing with my pc what i did was turn off the wirless on my laptop and wolla it works flawless i dont know what it it but the moment I turn it on, the connection stays connected like yours but no data to my laptop once I turn it back off it works again hope this helps.

Also have you tried doiing it over BT for some reason I cant get mine to work that way. internet sharing does not show up in the things the deviice does over BT
Old 12-15-2008, 11:26 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Did you try on another PC? I have a laptop at home that my phone does the same exact thing, but on my work computer it works fine. Im running XP Media Center on my laptop and XP Pro on my work

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro