PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 12:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible reason for low volume

I noticed alot of people saying they have the stock screen protector on and that is what I did for the first 3-4 days until I noticed that there wasn't a cutout for the speaker. I removed mine and the volume has at lease doubled. It is stupid but alot of people don't think about little things like that and most people choose to leave on the stock protectors until they find a better one but for this phone you should take it off or attempt to cut out the whole that needs to be where the speaker is. I used my InvisibleShield off my mogul and with a tiny bit of trimming it is fitting perfect and works great and now my Pro is obnoxiously loud with the audiopara3 done.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

apex seals is becoming a great contributor
Re: Possible reason for low volume

or you can use the one they give you in the users manual packet
Old 10-31-2008, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

deviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardeviant.ones is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

that one is horrible, maybe just me but I didn't like it at all. InvisibleShield has always been a pretty good brand and since they don't have a TP one yet I figured my mogul didn't need it anymore since its just sitting in a drawer. Actually, attempting to put the one in the manual on is the whole reason I took the one of that is on when you buy it. This may not be what some people are having issues with but there are probably alot that just didn't think to look. Since removing mine I would not even be able to say mine had a volume problem, I actually hard reset and still have to turn it down a tad from max so others may have actual hardware or software issues with volume but neither of mine are having that problem. It was just that protector that comes installed on it giving me the false impression.

Last edited by deviant.ones; 10-31-2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

phistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regularphistyle is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

people do realize that the plastic on the phone is just to prevent it from scratching and you suppose to take it off before use...it's not there for a solution to use and protect ur screens...im surprised htc didn't put a disclaimer on the plastic piece like almost every other manufacture's...
Old 10-31-2008, 01:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I work with computers and electronics alot and I know its not meant to stay on but I usually leave the plastic film on for a while anyway since it really does not harm anything usually. My laptop had the plastic film on its screen for 2 months till I found somewhere that had 17 in widescreen protectors when those laptop sizes were still new.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Ele7eN is becoming a great contributor

i posted that in the main thread about low volume, but nobody else admitted to it. i thought my volume was low for a full day until i figured out there was no hole for the speaker in the screen protector.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:26 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

That's because its not a screen protector, its protective packaging.

There's a real screen protector in the bottom of the box, in with the manuals
Old 10-31-2008, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I figured others must have had it happen but out of the hundreds I have seen since last Friday I couldn't remember seeing anyone suggest it, probably out of embarrassment since I know I felt like a fool when i realized it. Watch, at least a couple dozen people are going to pull there's off and not say one word, you just won't see them complaining about the volume anymore.

Edit: And I already said I knew that Patty but the real one in the manual is nowhere near being a good one.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I know, I was talking to the post above mine that said it has no cutout at all
Old 10-31-2008, 01:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

Ele7eN is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
That's because its not a screen protector, its protective packaging.

There's a real screen protector in the bottom of the box, in with the manuals
i realize that. that's why i said nobody else "admitted" to it. in the past i have always kept the factory protective plastic on my phones until i bought a good one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro