PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggienick View Post
my question is why didn"t htc just put it on the phone to begin with...
My guess is they don't have the assembly line nor man power functionality to complete such a daunting task. I say daunting because if I got bits and pieces of dust specs down there I know I would heighten the risk of ruining the screen protector.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

35mm is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFool View Post
Same answer I gave you before. If there was a spray-on condom that had all the benefits and didn't decrease sensitivity, I'd wear it. I've already got two kids. I don't want an accident. Since they don't, though, I go without.

Same applies here. Have you USED the included screen protector or the Boxwaves? Try them before you continue to state that they make the screen less responsive.

I would not use it, too much of a hassle.

No, I have not used the included (don't have a TP yet) or a Boxwaves protector. In my experience I have never see a protector that felt the same and more importantly, you could not see it on the phone. Granted I have not looked either. In my experience a completely invisible screen protector that feels good is in the same category as your spray on condom, vaporware.

Again I could be wrong about this screen protector existing, if it does I apologize.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

it's a real pain to put on. I just put mine on and got a little lint under it. Its is good quality though. From experience though it scratches pretty easy with the stylus. mine went on with 99% of the bubbles out. I just have a little one right on the edge but that's to be expected. I used my nail to pry it off to re align it and now it won't stick.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mm View Post
I would not use it, too much of a hassle.

No, I have not used the included (don't have a TP yet) or a Boxwaves protector. In my experience I have never see a protector that felt the same and more importantly, you could not see it on the phone. Granted I have not looked either. In my experience a completely invisible screen protector that feels good is in the same category as your spray on condom, vaporware.

Again I could be wrong about this screen protector existing, if it does I apologize.
I've never been a fan of screen protectors either, but the included one actually seems to make the screen better - your finger slides across it with more ease (the cover on the TP screen seems to make your finger want to stick). Try it - I think you'll like it...
Old 11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo

riironman is just getting started

if anyone doesnt want their screen protector i will gladly take...since i destroyed mine putting it on.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777

i noticed with the diamond screen that even your fingernails can scratch the screen, i highly suggest some sort of screen protector. i had to clean mine 20 times and reapply until i got it right cuz of my dust infested house.

Cost of shipping a screen protector > Cost of buying a screen protector

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

timezone is becoming a great contributor

Did I do this wrong. I stuck on the hard plastic. No bubbles and I think it looks great. It probably provides even more protection to the screen. I have had many phones and I understand what they look like. The other side just seemed to flimsy. I actually like the hard plastic on it. It is the one that had the glue on it.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo

fuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stufffuuup knows their stuff

do you guys ever feel a little bit crazy going into so much detail on something as simple as a thin strip of plastic? i spent half an hour putting on my first one, making sure there was no dust or particles or bubbles underneath.

and we have several threads discussing this same thing all over the forums. we.. are.. crazy.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer View Post
My guess is they don't have the assembly line nor man power functionality to complete such a daunting task. I say daunting because if I got bits and pieces of dust specs down there I know I would heighten the risk of ruining the screen protector.
These phones are made in a dust free environment, and they could assembly line the application process no problem. Heck, it would probably make more sense for them just to use a harder front material anyway.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35mm View Post
Exactly the point. Use it before you come down so hard on how bad they are. Both this one and the Boxwave are no worse if not an improvement on the naked screen. Try before you bash.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro