PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42398)

TurboFool 10-31-2008 12:41 PM

Re: Screen Protector = To use Or Not To use?

It depends on what screen protector you get. If it's the one that CAME with the Mogul, ugh. If it's the one that came with the Touch Pro, or better yet, if it's something like a BoxWave CrystalTouch, then it feels no worse and guarantees you're not going to ruin the screen on that $580 piece of hardware you're carrying.

35mm: your analogy is right (although my first child was a pill baby, so don't be too ****y, no pun intended), but imagine they had some sort of simple spray-on condom that was as effective as the normal ones at preventing pregnancy and disease, with absolutely NO loss in sensation. At that point you might as well hedge your bets, right? Plus you get the added benefit of being slightly less cautious than you would have been. My experience with both the CrystalTouch and the protector included with the Touch Pro is essentially that. The screen is just as smooth and operational, and I'm less concerned about accidentally impregnating it.

phistyle 10-31-2008 12:46 PM

I'm actually using the stock screen protector that came with the phone...it actually works pretty good and is pretty high quality even though I didn't put it on right and theres a small little air bubble to the top left but it doesn't bother me...

35mm 10-31-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phistyle (Post 487846)
I'm actually using the stock screen protector that came with the phone...it actually works pretty good and is pretty high quality even though I didn't put it on right and theres a small little air bubble to the top left but it doesn't bother me...

It just boggles my mind that people are willing to live with a bubble on their screen from a device that is there to prevent the tiny percent of a chance of getting damage that is significantly less distracting than a bubble. In other words you are 100% going to have a bubble on your screen because you want to protect against the 5% chance of getting a scratch, that is less distracting than a bubble. All the while your sensitivity is worse. I don't get it.

No offense intended phistyle, I am just using you as an example. I just don't understand people who take every precaution to protect against something that is minor and very unlikely to ever happen.

This is like the people who do not let their kids play in the dirt because there might be germs.

phistyle 10-31-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 35mm (Post 487872)
It just boggles my mind that people are willing to live with a bubble on their screen from a device that is there to prevent the tiny percent of a chance of getting damage that is significantly less distracting than a bubble. In other words you are 100% going to have a bubble on your screen because you want to protect against the 5% chance of getting a scratch, that is less distracting than a bubble. All the while your sensitivity is worse. I don't get it.

No offense intended phistyle, I am just using you as an example. I just don't understand people who take every precaution to protect against something that is minor and very unlikely to ever happen.

This is like the people who do not let their kids play in the dirt because there might be germs.

to be honest...it's just a small bubble that's not even on the main display screen...its on the outer black line around the screen so it shouldn' affect sensitivity at all..

nesta17 10-31-2008 01:21 PM

Go for the InvisibleSHIELD. www.zagg.com

Best ever screen protector. Will not ever scratch and has lifetime warranty. I've had one on my Mogul for 9 months and no peeling of the corners or scratches.

Cheap insurance for you $550 device. Any you only have to buy it once. They send you a new one if it scratches or peels.

cmanbrazil 10-31-2008 01:24 PM

A girl you KNOW doesn't have anything is probably the first one to give you something. Because you KNOW means you let your guard down. Just like Larry Craig's wife -conservative old republican - knew her high moral conservative husband would never have sex with other men in a bathroom stall. I would use lol here but not really all that funny.

I've never used screen protection but after 35mm analogy I think I will.

MarcusInMD 10-31-2008 01:29 PM

Just put on the stock screen protector. This is the first time I have ever used one and it worked perfectly. I also have just a very small bubble off in the far left hand corner away from the actual screen, but you can't even tell unless you look for it.

When installing it I started at the top where the ear piece is and I used that hole to line it up and then carefully slide my finger down the center of the protector as I also removed the protectors "protector". :D

heberman 10-31-2008 01:37 PM

I messed up the protector that came in the box - it looked like a great one. I have another protector on my Diamond now. During the couple of weeks without a protector, I was very careful. However, I noticed some very small scratches on the otherwise pristine screen.

I slapped a protector on the device a week or so ago, and it is a great feeling to know the screen is protected from further damage. When the screen is dirty, I just rub it on my shirt or pants and it looks great again.

I say use a screen protector for sure.

Edwood 10-31-2008 01:37 PM

I'm going bareback with mine.

And I don't have a screen protector on my Touch Pro. :D

Well, it's mainly because I screwed up the installation of it, I'd keep one on if I had gotten it installed perfectly, HTC's stock screen protectors are the closest thing to not having one at all. If you are worried about reduced pressure sensitivity, simply increase the sensitivity in the registry. (HKLM -> Software -> OEM -> TFLOsettings ->fingerpressure, I think.)

-Ed

phistyle 10-31-2008 01:59 PM

well the screen protector is a good thing for me since I don't use a case and I keep my phone in my pocket and I wear jeans most of the time so it's gonna be rough sliding it in and out of my pocket...