PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   VGA HTC Home w/ Haptic Hardware!!!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42150)

TreyBeno 10-29-2008 03:57 PM

VGA HTC Home w/ Haptic Hardware!!!!!

3 Attachment(s)
As Ive been playing with my new TouchPro Ive really noticed that TF3D is very limited in functionality. There has been some tinkering to try and put different programs on the tabs and such but it still does not come close to the functionality of good ole HTC Home. I myself disabled it and use UltimateLaunch. As u may or may not know it acts just like skyfire and is TINY TINY on the screen. There was a VGA version pulled off an Athena I believe over at XDA but its simple, ugly, and HTC Home Customixer doesnt function. my questions are:
1. Is there a real VGA version of HTC Home for our TouchPro?
2. Is there a HTC Home Customizer that works for VGA?
3. What needs to be done to get this under way bcuz Im not the first to mention TF3D's weaknesses and a wish for HTC Home?

P.S.: Already went to pocketemu.com
Edit: HTC Home Customizer (HHC) does not work on this version

12/18/08 UPDATE:
This is another version that was posted by stevedog1 in another thread started earlier today called PJC HTCHome. Its from a developer by the name of PJC007 from XDA. I tried this version a while ago but it didnt want to install. Maybe i had a corrupt file or something. It looks about the same but it does have some differences and its only one cab to install. The first difference is that it does not have the music tab but it does have the other five. Next the colon between the clock numbers is spaced farther apart. Also there seems to be some kind of hard button feedback that was stuck in without it being listed. When u press a hard button it will vibrate quickly. If u dont like the vibration u can simply toggle it off from the sound setting tab. I also noticed that it fixes the lack of vibration control on the sound setting tab. Other than that it works fine with no problems. YOU CANT USE HHC still but this is a decent version so check it out.

12/21/08 UPDATE:
The PJC version has been leaving the haptic hardware in place after uninstall. So know this in advance before installing. Banzaiwolfe has found the registry edit to fix this problem HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\KeyState
Change KeyVibratorState to 0.

Lafester has also found a version that works with HHC called htchome2. Its full size people! Its still not perfect as the icons have a fuzzy edge . Its not bad at all but its noticeable compared to the rest of the screen. When put into UL or like programs the icons reduce as they read a QVGA program on a VGA screen. Not bad so hit it up.

12/29/08 UPDATE:
BANZAIWOLFE has edited the clock and is willing to do more. Check out his post linked below and hit him up with your requests!
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...391#post605391

jbbosu 10-29-2008 04:13 PM

Re: VGA HTC Home for TouchPro

I admit that it took a while to get used to TF3D coming from HTC Home, but i rather like it now. It has all the same features and more.

That being said, I'm not sure if there is a VGA Home plugin out there. Good luck.

Cicatrize 10-29-2008 04:20 PM

I don't want to sound rude, but what exactly does HTC Home do that TF3D doesn't? I can't think of a single thing.

B18DelSolT 10-29-2008 06:39 PM

save ram? lol jp

Just getting hopes up till i get mine :(

TreyBeno 10-29-2008 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cicatrize (Post 483515)
I don't want to sound rude, but what exactly does HTC Home do that TF3D doesn't? I can't think of a single thing.

Its really about the functionality of TF3D. TF3D is some nice eye candy but its just that and thats it. Say for instance that I shut off TF3D. That in itself would free up memory ( I know we have memory to spare now on our Pros). You can only see one appointment at a time on TF3D where if I were using Today Agenda I could see all of them. The buggy weather tab cant hold a candle to Weatherpanel and its customizations. And who wants their pictures where anybody can just pick it up and just flip through them. Pretty much TF3D is a wanna be iphone UI and if thats the case i would have got an iphone. Im into the pro for memory and power. With programs like UltimateLaunch u can truly get the most out of this type of hardware and out TF3D to shame. TF3D is just something to distract u from mobile 6 many many problems.

P.S.: I found a VGA version of HTC Home that works and will post the files in a few:headbang:

B18DelSolT 10-29-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 483893)
Its really about the functionality of TF3D. TF3D is some nice eye candy but its just that and thats it. Say for instance that I shut off TF3D. That in itself would free up memory ( I know we have memory to spare now on our Pros). You can only see one appointment at a time on TF3D where if I were using Today Agenda I could see all of them. The buggy weather tab cant hold a candle to Weatherpanel and its customizations. And who wants their pictures where anybody can just pick it up and just flip through them. Pretty much TF3D is a wanna be iphone UI and if thats the case i would have got an iphone. Im into the pro for memory and power. With programs like UltimateLaunch u can truly get the most out of this type of hardware and out TF3D to shame. TF3D is just something to distract u from mobile 6 many many problems.

P.S.: I found a VGA version of HTC Home that works and will post the files in a few:headbang:

Thanks, might want to try this out JIC i dont like TF3D

apex seals 10-29-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 483893)

please do

i can host it if needed

Raspster 10-29-2008 07:38 PM

Does the version you have show the clock and icons very small? I have seen a VGA version of the original home but everything was real small. If you have one that fits correctly, kudo's my friend!

TreyBeno 10-29-2008 07:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok here it is. I found a couple of versions floating around out there but this one seems the best so far. I have been using it all afternoon with no problems. Let me also state that HTC HOME CUSTOMIZER DOES NOT WORK ON THIS VERSION!! This was posted on 4winmobile.com by Hiroshi.rio. I take no credit for this at all Im just posting. I believe he may have found it at XDA but he did not say. The name on the cab says its from somebody named Massi. If from what Ive read this is for the Athena device. Instructions are in the zip. Its pretty straight forward with 2 cabs to install. The landscape view is different but a pleasant surprise. here ya go. This was also tested on a Diamond. If u like it or this helps just hit the green button please. Thanks

P.S.: Ive updated the first post. Please read instructions first and understand that u cant use a customizer.

TreyBeno 10-29-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspster (Post 483918)
Does the version you have show the clock and icons very small? I have seen a VGA version of the original home but everything was real small. If you have one that fits correctly, kudo's my friend!

This is full size and fully functional except for HHC customizations

Raspster 10-29-2008 08:25 PM

Re: VGA HTC Home for TouchPro Found!!!!

daaaamn, Nice find man! Gonna try this! Someone should post some pics!

reggae4k 10-29-2008 09:51 PM

why is it necessary to install the HTC.Home.v2.1.1005.722.Directory.And.Brightness.Fi x.schen.cab?

imneveral0ne 10-29-2008 09:58 PM

and could someone post a pic of what it looks like in landscape mode?

TreyBeno 10-29-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 484192)
and could someone post a pic of what it looks like in landscape mode?

How do i post screen pics. Ive never had to capture them before. If some body could please post a portrait and landscape pic

Chef Ben 10-29-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 484305)
How do i post screen pics. Ive never had to capture them before. If some body could please post a portrait and landscape pic

I have SPB Screenshot. Place the icon in your \Windows\Start Menu and have quick access. I'd post the cab but PPCGeeks won't let me attach cabs to my reply which is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. XDA you can post cabs up to 5megs. The moderators needs to look into that. Absolutely ridiculous that I can't post cabs. It would eliminate tons of unnecessary new posts that have already been covered. Not to mention people wouldn't have to go wading through several hundred posts to find what they were looking fo

itouch24 10-30-2008 08:01 AM

ya post some screen shots ... being that u cant customize it is a big downfall

DaPeeps 10-30-2008 10:29 AM

Here's some quick screenshots I just took. Seems to work fine except the last tab locks up the phone. You can remove it in the settings. Weather is showing in Celcius...need to figure out how to change that.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...9/htchome1.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...9/htchome2.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...9/htchome3.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...9/htchome4.jpg

jaggrey 10-30-2008 10:52 AM

This is definitely an option if I end up foregoing TF3D. Thanks for this!

TreyBeno 10-30-2008 10:53 AM

All the tabs have been working on mine except that the music tab trys to launch Audio Manager and i dont have it installed since i use others and the Pro came with an mp3 trimmer for ringtones. other than that this has worked flawlessly for me.

TreyBeno 10-30-2008 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggrey (Post 484981)
This is definitely an option if I end up foregoing TF3D. Thanks for this!

No problem just hit the thanks button

jaggrey 10-30-2008 11:30 AM

thanked!

rainfreak 10-30-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsimon1979 (Post 484926)
Weather is showing in Celcius...need to figure out how to change that.

It has been several months since I used HTC Home but I am almost positive that you can change this in the registry. Though for the life of me I cannot remember where...

ls3mach 10-30-2008 12:03 PM

I have already ran into a memory error. When I did the remote printing of an image, I had to close EVERYTHING except that program or it would give me the error.

ls3mach 10-30-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 485113)
It has been several months since I used HTC Home but I am almost positive that you can change this in the registry. Though for the life of me I cannot remember where...

It isn't a registry edit. Just go to the options of that tab.

imneveral0ne 10-30-2008 12:09 PM

noone has been able to get a landscape screenshot yet? all the ones i saw were in portrait mode.

TreyBeno 10-30-2008 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 485139)
I have already ran into a memory error. When I did the remote printing of an image, I had to close EVERYTHING except that program or it would give me the error.

Can u explain what other programs were running and give some more details. Ur statement wasnt that clear on the problem. Thanks

ls3mach 10-30-2008 01:23 PM

Touch Flo 3D.
Opera
Messaging
Activesync
I had wifi on and ran Jetcet. It would not print the picture until I closed all but Jetcet and Activesync. Touch Flo 3D was still running.

ls3mach 10-30-2008 04:09 PM

Is there a background changerr for this like there is Touch Flo 3D?

Color and Clear icons would be super too.

TreyBeno 10-30-2008 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 485356)
Touch Flo 3D.
Opera
Messaging
Activesync
I had wifi on and ran Jetcet. It would not print the picture until I closed all but Jetcet and Activesync. Touch Flo 3D was still running.

I think i see the problem. TF3D if im correct should be run as the only today screen plugin. It doesnt play well with others on the today screen. HTC Home has its own demands and TF3D is known to conflict with all other today screen plugins. Also i believe their is some sort of hang up with activesync bcuz mine hung once or twice after i had to soft reset after loading some programs and activesnyc was running. And this was before i even installed HTC Home. But try those 2 options and let me know. Thanks

stevenmh 10-30-2008 07:40 PM

Do the contacts and calendar soft buttons launch whatever PIM you've selected as default? Or do they insist on launching stock WM PIM like TF3D? That, and not being able to see tasks on today screen, are my big problems with TF3D. Other than that I like it.

ls3mach 10-30-2008 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreyBeno (Post 486021)
I think i see the problem. TF3D if im correct should be run as the only today screen plugin. It doesnt play well with others on the today screen. HTC Home has its own demands and TF3D is known to conflict with all other today screen plugins. Also i believe their is some sort of hang up with activesync bcuz mine hung once or twice after i had to soft reset after loading some programs and activesnyc was running. And this was before i even installed HTC Home. But try those 2 options and let me know. Thanks

I wasn't running HTC home at the time. Just TF3D

JohnnyOnTheSpot 10-30-2008 08:25 PM

My Audio manager looks like crap. Does anyone know anyway to have this run correctly? It's too small and is all kinds of glitchy. Do I need a newer version?

TreyBeno 11-01-2008 11:30 PM

i havent downloaded audio manager yet. when i try to launch it says program missing. ill have to install and let u know

FuManChuu 11-04-2008 02:59 PM

Hrm, this is certainly much faster than TF3D... I feel like they could make a little bit better use of the resolution though... Wouldn't mind the buttons a tid bit bigger...

Anyone heard any news on HHC ever supporting VGA?

cjmedina 11-04-2008 08:03 PM

this is what landscape looks like
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6...scr0002gq3.png
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/c...png/1/w640.png

ls3mach 11-05-2008 09:23 AM

I want HTC Home to be my landscape screen and TF3D to be my portrait screen. Someone get cracking on that. :)

codeman05 11-05-2008 09:57 AM

Thanks for the find, while TF3D looks great, I have to say I prefer the HTC home interface.

steveoski 11-05-2008 10:19 AM

the 19 percent battery left in that picture reminds me of my phone battery is always dead or dying lol

dodgeboy 11-05-2008 10:22 AM

This is an awesome find! Does anyone know how to get the volume profiles tab to show "vibrate" and "automatic" modes, like TF3D? Mine only shows Normal and Silent.

Thanks,
Dave

phistyle 11-05-2008 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ls3mach (Post 497758)
I want HTC Home to be my landscape screen and TF3D to be my portrait screen. Someone get cracking on that. :)

yea...that would be hot...HTC Home for lanescape view and TF3D for portrait...